Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: So -- How will the Vikings screw up in the draft this year???

"Wa_vikingfan07" wrote:
    I think childress will draft demitrious Underwood.
    thats about his speed
    Based on?
    Brilliant statement.

from Marr's post

Free Agent Signings from last year.

Arizona Cardinals defensive tackle Ross Kolodziej to a one-year contract. (Played in 12 Games)

Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Mike McMahon to a two-year, $2 millioin contract, including a $400,000 signing bonus.(Bad Option)

Tennessee Titans safety Tank Williams to a one-year contract worth $900,000, including incentive. (Did not play because of injury)

San Diego Chargers defensive end DeQuincy Scott. Terms unknown.

Kansas City Chiefs fullback Tony Richardson to a two-year, $2.5 million contract that includes a $500,000 roster bonus. (Did pretty good until he got injured)

Seattle Seahawks guard Steve Hutchinson to a seven-year, $49 million contract that includes $16 million in guarantees. (Nuff Said)

Baltimore Ravens running back Chester Taylor to a four-year, $14.1 million contract that includes $5.6 million in guarantees, including roster and signing bonuses. (Nuff Said, Overworked.
    Team needs to get someone to give him a break.)

San Diego Chargers linebacker Ben Leber to a five-year, $20 million contract, including a $4 million signing bonus. (Nuff Said)

Green Bay Packers kicker Ryan Longwell to a five-year, $10 million contract, including a $3 million signing bonus. (All the points he made for us he didn't make for The PUCKERS. Nuff Said.)

New York Giants guard/center Jason Whittle to a one-year, $695,000 contract. (He played but I am not sure of what value.)

Signed CB Ronyell Whitaker. (21 tackles, 3 assists.
    Added some depth)

Signed fullback Joey Goodspeed.
    (Did not play injury)
    Demetrius Underwood?
    Put down the pipe.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Ltrey" wrote:
    I thought Childress had an excellent draft last year, and that's about all that matters at this point. The people we had making the decisions in the past are GONE. Therefore, they're irrelevant.

Greenway was hurt (unfortunately), Griffen ended up being a starter (and a gol 'darnit good player), Ryan Cook started a few games and held his own for a rookie, Ray Edwards ended up being one of our best pass rushers at just 21 years old, and the jury is still out on Tarvaris.

I think each of these picks was a good one. I am looking forward to draft day!
    Me too...since we aren't really going after any big time FAs....meanwhile, several other teams just got better...on paper, at least!
    >
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

People need to chill out, we done dumb stuff in the draft like every team, we've also had some good non-picks that most fans would have made based on what they read on the internet.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"SuperVikes07" wrote:
    i cnan no longer use the vikings in madden the 49ers are looking really nice an denver might use them!! but i cant use the vikes no more in madden!
    Are you kidding me?
    Unplug my friend.
    Wait a minute, then I would have to get off the puter also.
    Sorry.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"baumy300" wrote:
    I agree with most of what you said. I would take Denny back in a heartbeat just to be excited for the draft once again.
    So you would take Denny back as coach, who in the last 4 years has only won a total of 21 games & lost 42, just so you can get excited about the draft?

That's flat out crazy, IMO.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

Here are my predictions for the Draft by position

1) Quinn (QB)---my only hope of a franchise qb in the draft beside Russel
    2) WR
    3) TE
    4) FB
    5) G
    6) K
    7) T

"Nephilim" wrote:
    Here are my predictions for the Draft by position

1) Quinn (QG)---my only hope of a franchise qb in the draft beside Russel
    2) WR
    3) TE
    4) FB
    5) G
    6) K
    7) T
    QG???
    Quarterguard???
    LOL

And we need backup OL more than we need a FB or K in the draft.

"Prophet" wrote:
    I sure hope the 7th overall doesn't turn into a sleeper pick.
    I doubt it, but just because a cadry of people on pp.o don't recognize the name it doesn't necessarily mean it is a sleeper pick.

Last year when TJack was picked up a lot of people were in an uproar.
    Many of the same people were claiming he was the messiah a few months later.
    NFL forums are funny that way.

I really doubt the 7th overall, whether a trade-up or trade-down or stay-put happens will result in a sleeper pick though.
    Almost impossible, but the Vikings could possibley pull it off against the odds.

Regarding Greenway, I'm really excited to see what he brings to the table this year.
    He has a good attitude and is a hard working ND boy that is out to make a point.
    He has what it takes upstairs to be successful, unlike some head-case like Demetrius Underwood who was athletically gifted but a head-case.
    You will never at any point see me post that TJack is the Viking's messiah.
    He was a horrible reach for our team....and showed again, that our front office is horrible.
    They've made 1 great pick in the recent future that I can recall.....that being Kevin Williams.
    The rest have been busts, reaches, or average players.
    Then you have other teams that more consistantly pick players that work out well.....it's unfortunate our front office is horrible.

"defensiveplaymaker1" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    I sure hope the 7th overall doesn't turn into a sleeper pick.
    I doubt it, but just because a cadry of people on pp.o don't recognize the name it doesn't necessarily mean it is a sleeper pick.

Last year when TJack was picked up a lot of people were in an uproar.
    Many of the same people were claiming he was the messiah a few months later.
    NFL forums are funny that way.

I really doubt the 7th overall, whether a trade-up or trade-down or stay-put happens will result in a sleeper pick though.
    Almost impossible, but the Vikings could possibley pull it off against the odds.

Regarding Greenway, I'm really excited to see what he brings to the table this year.
    He has a good attitude and is a hard working ND boy that is out to make a point.
    He has what it takes upstairs to be successful, unlike some head-case like Demetrius Underwood who was athletically gifted but a head-case.
    You will never at any point see me post that TJack is the Viking's messiah.
    He was a horrible reach for our team....and showed again, that our front office is horrible.
    They've made 1 great pick in the recent future that I can recall.....that being Kevin Williams.
    The rest have been busts, reaches, or average players.
    Then you have other teams that more consistantly pick players that work out well.....it's unfortunate our front office is horrible.
    Recent future???

Vikingryche is offline Rookie

Well this thread started out with how will the Vikes screw up this years draft???
    Well lets look back at every first round pick since 2000...
    Chris Hovan in 2000, Micheal Bennett in 01, Bryant McKinney in 02, Kevin Williams in 03, Keneche Udeze in 04, Troy Williamson and Erasmus James in 05, Chad Greenway in 06.
    Those all look like pretty good picks IMOP!!!
    Troy Williamson will never be a #1 wr, jury is still out on Udeze, James and Greenway. Havent got to see them too much in action. I also know we have had some pretty good picks in later rounds as well.. Every team in the NFL has had many flops, that were expected to be stars, and many surprises in ones who werent supposed to suceed at this level. How can anyone here knock last years draft when they just finished their rookie seasons..
    So in other words last years picks were all a waste.. If you asked me Griffin in 2nd rd was a darn good pick. We dont know how TJack is gonna turn out yet.
    The year we took Williamson everyone screamed no lets take Mike Williams, well lets see where his career is today LOL.... It is a total crapshoot... I definitely would not take Jarret or Ginn with 7th pick They are what i would call reaches at #7..Gaines Adams would be nice but will probably be gone then. I would go with Brady Quinn before i would take Jarrett or Ginn.. Just a thought!!!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast