Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

So -- How will the Vikings screw up in the draft this year???

As a long time and long suffering Vikings fan, I am absolutely dreading the NFL draft day. While other teams look forward to upgrading their teams and making some great moves, there is no doubt in my mind the Vikings brass will do something stupid and get the entire country laughing at us. Again.

Will it be drafting a guy in the first round that quits after the first practice, or will it be drafting a WR who can't catch with the 7th pick? Or, maybe it will be not drafting at all and letting two other teams pick ahead of us. Maybe we could package a few picks and take a guy that was projected to go in the 6th round again.

You have to admit, the Vikings almost have a flair for this. Each year, they do
    something different than the year before and foul up the draft. Their last
    "steal of the draft" only lasted a couple years before he failed the drug test
    with the whizzanator fiasco. I won't blame the Chad Greenway selection...yet...
    you have to give that one more time, but time after time we make the wrong
    choice, particularly in the first couple rounds when it is crucial to pick up someone that can really help us out.

This draft is supposedly 7 deep and there is a drop off after that, so the Vikings should be in great position to get a guy that will really help or perhaps trade down
    and get some help at WR and get someone else to improve the team. I am positive the Vikings management will make the WRONG move, and I am not even sure what they will do. They WILL foul it up somehow because they just aren't as football savvy as the rest of the league and past history proves that. The teams with stupid management soon find themselves at the bottom of the league no matter where they draft -- just ask the Lions.

I am surprised opposing GM's aren't lined up to fleece the Vikings and their stupid management. I know I would.

If you want to improve the team, you let someone else make the draft decisions
    and you do it within the allotted time. It's a 3 ring circus with the clowns they have in there right now!!!!!!! I used to look forward to the draft, now I am just dreading it!!!
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

baumy300 is offline Star Spokesman

Re: So -- How will the Vikings screw up in the draft this year???

I agree with most of what you said. I would take Denny back in a heartbeat just to be excited for the draft once again.

Maybe since I am dreading it now we will have a good one though......maybe this is
    a good thing....LOL.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Historically they have had their share of blunders.
    It is rather pathetic, but most teams have a lot of duds.
    It's a crapshoot.
    There is no excuse for letting the clock run out though.

Fred Flintstone and the triangle of tards is dead, but Spielman has me worried.
    Hopefully the boys will have it all figured out this year.
    This is the first year with the current crew going at it and I'm not sure how they arrive at their decisions.
    Of course, they have a whole bunch of 'what if' scenarios worked out, but when you have a bunch of people pooling together their thoughts they must have someone in charge to make the final decision...likely Childress.
    Spielman is the weakest link based on their histories.

Look at it this way, the potential players are:

Wilf
    Childress
    Speilman
    Studwell
    Brzezinski

My guess is Wilf is sitting in the shadows making sure nobody does anything too retarded, but has delegated authority to Childress as the final say.
    Speilman, god forbid has the final say, will be suggesting who to pick and is the main player regarding various scenarios that were worked out in smoke-filled rooms prior to the draft.
    Studwell is a heavy player in scouting and plays a heavy hand in developing the various scenarios.
    Brzezinski is crunching numbers at a breakneck pace seeing if the scenarios are rational and within the cap figures and the team's long range plans.
    That's how I picture it anyway.

I think the Vikes are in good hands, with the exception of Spielman.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

SuperVikes07 is offline Training Camp

i cnan no longer use the vikings in madden the 49ers are looking really nice an denver might use them!! but i cant use the vikes no more in madden!

"SuperVikes07" wrote:
    i cnan no longer use the vikings in madden the 49ers are looking really nice an denver might use them!! but i cant use the vikes no more in madden!
    Now your comments make perfect sense.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

If there are seven rock-solid picks, we should be in very good shape. We take the guy who is left and we have a top guy who we can build on.

The other scenario is trading down, but only if we can get an absolute premium for it. If there are indeed 7 top guys and then a drop, someone should want to give up something very nice for it. Would if we could land two very good receivers out of this for that 7th pick......that would certainly be worthwhile and acceptable.

What I do not want to see is another, "Let's go with this guy who is rated down because if he pans out, we will look like we are smarter than the rest of the league.
    The Vikings brass has proven they are NOT smarter than the rest of the league. We are in a position with the 7th pick where we should not be picking up any sleeper picks anyways.
    "SHOOT EM JIMMY!!"

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "SuperVikes07" wrote:
    Now your comments make perfect sense.
    : :

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Well I don't see us being late for our pick and Foley is gone so there shouldn't be any fighting over who the pick will be.
    With Childress's career being on the clock he should get most of the final say and he live and dies with his picks.

Of course Zygi will be checking the board to help forward our input in the draft so I'm for Gaines over Quinn if they're both there at 7 ;D

Oh and to help out I've arrange for Spielman to get a copy of the SI swimsuit issue so he won't bother any Prophet.
    ;D
    Unless someone gives him a copy of the Brady Quinn GQ, then who knows what might happen

I sure hope the 7th overall doesn't turn into a sleeper pick.
    I doubt it, but just because a cadry of people on pp.o don't recognize the name it doesn't necessarily mean it is a sleeper pick.

Last year when TJack was picked up a lot of people were in an uproar.
    Many of the same people were claiming he was the messiah a few months later.
    NFL forums are funny that way.

I really doubt the 7th overall, whether a trade-up or trade-down or stay-put happens will result in a sleeper pick though.
    Almost impossible, but the Vikings could possibley pull it off against the odds.

Regarding Greenway, I'm really excited to see what he brings to the table this year.
    He has a good attitude and is a hard working ND boy that is out to make a point.
    He has what it takes upstairs to be successful, unlike some head-case like Demetrius Underwood who was athletically gifted but a head-case.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast