Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: (So far) Vikes fail to adress two pressing needs

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:

Quarterback:
    I thought for sure when we traded up ahead of Chicago we would have taken Brohm and I think Green Bay took him to spite the fans who wanted him in Minnesota. But I'm with you with quarterback need closed. Booty can come in and be good and exactly what our team needs. An efficent quarterback who can read the field anticipate receivers getting open and make the throws. That's what you need in this system. I don't see Jackson with that but that's beside the point this isn't another Jackson thread. Booty is in my opinion the most NFL ready quarterback in the draft after Ryan. He can come in and be the guy. With our run game, O-line, good receivers, future tope 3-5 defense Booty can make sure he's not an anchor. I think he can be the guy anytime from beating Jackson out in training camp to 2 years from now.
    : Yep. That's what they did alright. Don't take the BPA. Don't address your needs. Just sign a guy who your rivalries fans wanted their team to take to piss them off.

Thompson is a genius!

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"singersp" wrote:

Quarterback:
    I thought for sure when we traded up ahead of Chicago we would have taken Brohm and I think Green Bay took him to spite the fans who wanted him in Minnesota. But I'm with you with quarterback need closed. Booty can come in and be good and exactly what our team needs. An efficent quarterback who can read the field anticipate receivers getting open and make the throws. That's what you need in this system. I don't see Jackson with that but that's beside the point this isn't another Jackson thread. Booty is in my opinion the most NFL ready quarterback in the draft after Ryan. He can come in and be the guy. With our run game, O-line, good receivers, future tope 3-5 defense Booty can make sure he's not an anchor. I think he can be the guy anytime from beating Jackson out in training camp to 2 years from now.
    : Yep. That's what they did alright. Don't take the BPA. Don't address your needs. Just sign a guy who your rivalries fans wanted their team to take to piss them off.

Thompson is a genius!
    I was being a tad bit facetious man. Obviously no team would take a player just because your rival team's fans want him. Joking man. But I did talk to a packer fan who loved the pick solely because he knew the Vikes wanted him but other then that he hated the pick.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"singersp" wrote:

Quarterback:

Thompson is a genius!
    I was being a tad bit facetious man. Obviously no team would take a player just because your rival team's fans want him. Joking man. But I did talk to a packer fan who loved the pick solely because he knew the Vikes wanted him but other then that he hated the pick.
    IMO the Packers took 2 QB's because they wanted to deepen the roster at that position and send the message to the newly retired #4 that they are moving on and that he has no need to keep open the option of returning to their team.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

With booty we gotten a natural WCO Qb, you don't think we adressed the need at QB? who other should we went after? in FA and Draft there was nobody who'd win the competition for starting Qb vs TJ...

I'm not really to happy about our LT situation, still woulda liked that position to be adressed but the staff depends on the young replacements so...
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    With booty we gotten a natural WCO Qb, you don't think we adressed the need at QB? who other should we went after? in FA and Draft there was nobody who'd win the competition for starting Qb vs TJ...

I'm not really to happy about our LT situation, still woulda liked that position to be adressed but the staff depends on the young replacements so...
    He wrote this post before we drafted Booty and when we draft Booty he said strike that but we still need a tight end.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler

Well our TEs will do much better when you have deep threats to take pressure off and you still have the running game as well. I am agreement that Sasser and Shank will get better options and looks this year. TJ is a descent QB and the drafting of Booty is # 1 a WCO driver and #2 he definately wanted to be here he said in an interview I seen somewhere as his first choice. So lets wait and see what happens. We made huge strides this offseason and outside that TB has a lot of TEs on their roster (along with QBs) that one of them whom are still halfway catchable and descent WCO TEs that could be released.
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567