Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Sleeper Free Agents

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    id love to get justin smith
    if he is the only "big name" FA we get i would still be very happy
    i like the Florence sleeper pick, i would be surprised if he resigned with SD cause he would be nickle corner for them, if we were to get both of them i would give us a top 5 Defense next year, and probably be the front runner for the NFC north.
    Then we could focus on depth at the draft besides the 1st round.
    Which Corner would you drop from the current roster?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    i like the Florence sleeper pick, i would be surprised if he resigned with SD cause he would be nickle corner for them, if we were to get both of them i would give us a top 5 Defense next year, and probably be the front runner for the NFC north.
    Ronyell Whitaker's contract is up so we could just let him go, im not saying the vikes are gonna do this, but it would be a nice pickup.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

Quote from: dcboardr41 on Today at 03:15:55 pm

The original post seemed to read that IF Florence was picked up, that would allow Griffin to move to Saftey, and then it would use a saftey spot that there is no real good answer in FA to otherwise.

I think that we should pick up a FA or draft a rookie at CB if that happens.

IMHO next year it would be sweet to see this in the defensive backfield...
    (starters in bold)

CB
    1.Winfield
    2.McCauley, FA, or Rookie

3.see above
    4.Gordon

FS
    1.Griffin
    2.Smith
    3.Frampton

SS
    1.Sharper
    2.Rookie

obviously there might be a 5th CB in Whittaker's roster spot, but I think that with this scenario if it was necessary to have a 5th CB Griffin could play there and Dwight play FS until no longer needed. Also bringing in a versatile rookie behind Sharper would open up some rotational options. Habing that spot open would also allow for a 6th WR or "luxury" another position to be added.

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    I see a couple of things happening.

Griffith gets moved to Nickel, MCauley the Dime

or

Griffith gets moved to Safety(I think this is more real than people think), and Mcauley the Nickel

Don't know if they would keep 5 DB's but Gordon and Whitaker could battle it out for #4 or #5 depending on the abopve scenarios unless there was another option,
    Via draft or FA.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I like all the CB's we have right now.
    I don't think that Florence would be enough of a significant upgrade over any of our top 3 corners, therefore he would not be worth the money he will be demanding.
    On NFL Live today I did see that the Eagles are shopping Lito Sheppard.
    I don't know what kind of compensation they are looking for, but I'd rather pick him up if the price is right.
    If we are lucky they end up cutting him to free up cap space.

Justin Smith, IMO, is not a huge upgrade over any of the DE's we have now either.
    With Kenechi possibly out for a while, we do need a DE this year.
    I think we might take a chance on The Freak, but more likely we draft another player at that position.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like how the new Vikings organization is building the team through the draft and filling in holes with intermediate players in FA.
    Though I think we did pay too much for Skanky.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

I would really like to move Griffin to safety, and sign a Vet CB. It would allow McCauley to gain some more experience, and I believe he will develop into a solid nickel back next year, and eventually become a solid starter. I also would like to keep Gordon as a dime back and for depth/Special teams purposes. He showed some promise last year, and I would rather have him than Whitaker.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"jkjuggalo" wrote:
    I don't think that Florence would be enough of a significant upgrade over any of our top 3 corners, therefore he would not be worth the money he will be demanding.
    I don't know what kind of compensation they are looking for, but I'd rather pick him up if the price is right.

Justin Smith, IMO, is not a huge upgrade over any of the DE's we have now either.
    I think we might take a chance on The Freak, but more likely we draft another player at that position.

I guess what I'm saying is that I like how the new Vikings organization is building the team through the draft and filling in holes with intermediate players in FA.
    Smith is a huge upgrade over what we have now.
    Moving Griffin to safety and signing florance sounds like the best option, he also would not take alot of our cap space either.
    Bringing in these vet FA would help out with the young guys that we have on defense.
    And with Javon Kearse, i would be soooo pissed if we got him, it would be a waste of a lot of money/.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "jkjuggalo" wrote:

Smith is a huge upgrade over what we have now.
    Moving Griffin to safety and signing florance sounds like the best option, he also would not take alot of our cap space either.
    Bringing in these vet FA would help out with the young guys that we have on defense.
    And with Javon Kearse, i would be soooo pissed if we got him, it would be a waste of a lot of money/.
    Exactly he would want way to much money for player that is a shell of what he once was. The last thing we need at a DE is another player
    that would maybe be able to start if they got off the injured list.

douginc is offline Starter

According to ProFootballTalk.com, the Jets cut their starting Right Tackle Anthony Clement.

POSTED 4:09 p.m. EST, March 4, 2008
    ProFootballTalk.com:
    JETS CONTINUE MAKING TRANSACTIONS

The New York Jets have announced that they have signed cornerback Andre Woolfolk, and that they have cut starting right tackle Anthony Clement.

After reading up on him, he seems like he would be a very solid pick up for us.
    Either he could compete for a starting job, or would be a more than competent back up Offensive Lineman for our team, which is never underrated.

Here's what a Jets blogger wrote about him, seeing what their average fans thought about him as a player is rather impressive, they had quite a few positives:

http://www.thejetsblog.com/?p=1823

Name: Anthony Clement
    Position: Right Tackle
    Stats: 16 Games Started (plus playoffs)

Breakdown: Last year’s signing of Anthony Clement was in some ways a microcosm of the Jets offseason. At the time no one really thought much of the move, but Clement’s role on the team was important, though not necessarily stellar. With Trey Teague unable to play all season because of his ankle injury, Clement proved himself worth starting on the Jets’ right side, relegating former starter Adrian Jones to the bench.

The link goes in depth on him as a player and his strengths / abilities, and I think he would be solid as a Viking O-Lineman.
    He could be a very impressive sleeper pick for us, in my opinion; the right side of our line needs all the help it could get next year.

vikesfan713 is offline Rookie

I think it would be a good pick up we defenitly need competion on the right side....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast