Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Sleeper Free Agents

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    Just as a note, The Bengals just used their franchise tag on Andrews, so that means unless they get a long term deal done with Justin Smith, he will be hitting the open market. Personally, Smith is the one guy I really hope the Vikings push at. Smith and Berrian are by far my two favorite potential free agents.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3251662

Cincinnati Bengals guard Stacy Andrews became the third NFL free agent to receive the franchise designation.

To keep him from leaving via free agency, the Bengals officially Monday gave Andrews a one-year, $7.455 million contract offer. Any team wanting to pull him away from the Bengals would have to give up two first-round picks.
    I think we pretty much have to go after him at this point. Some people do not see him as "Big name" but he is probably the most reachable player out there at DE.

From looking around at various boards they seem to think that Smith is as good as gone in Cincy. I know teh Defense took a lot of heat and alot of people questioned the coaching staff, and ownership so maybe he will see what else is out there.
    I hope you mean Smith and not Andrews.

Not sure if Andrews is that much of a need that we should use two first round picks on him.

;D
    D'oh! Yeah I meant Smith Thanks
    Marr knew you would point out my mistake ;D
    Not a mistake, it was just a bit confusing the way you articulated it and had me scratching my bald head a bit.

As someone said in another post, I don't have that much hair to be scratching it all away.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    Just as a note, The Bengals just used their franchise tag on Andrews, so that means unless they get a long term deal done with Justin Smith, he will be hitting the open market. Personally, Smith is the one guy I really hope the Vikings push at. Smith and Berrian are by far my two favorite potential free agents.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3251662

Cincinnati Bengals guard Stacy Andrews became the third NFL free agent to receive the franchise designation.

To keep him from leaving via free agency, the Bengals officially Monday gave Andrews a one-year, $7.455 million contract offer. Any team wanting to pull him away from the Bengals would have to give up two first-round picks.
    I think we pretty much have to go after him at this point. Some people do not see him as "Big name" but he is probably the most reachable player out there at DE.

From looking around at various boards they seem to think that Smith is as good as gone in Cincy. I know teh Defense took a lot of heat and alot of people questioned the coaching staff, and ownership so maybe he will see what else is out there.
    I hope you mean Smith and not Andrews.

Not sure if Andrews is that much of a need that we should use two first round picks on him.
    ;D
    D'oh! Yeah I meant Smith Thanks
    Marr knew you would point out my mistake ;D
    Not a mistake, it was just a bit confusing the way you articulated it and had me scratching my bald head a bit.

As someone said in another post, I don't have that much hair to be scratching it all away.
    I guess its your turn to crack me up today Marr

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've been looking round some of the Cincy boards as well and haven't seen many posters who were worrying about Smith leaving. Now either they're overlooking the potential loss of a good player and not realising it or they've seen his production start to slip down and want to see the back of him. Be interesting to see which it is.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"AngloVike" wrote:
    I've been looking round some of the Cincy boards as well and haven't seen many posters who were worrying about Smith leaving. Now either they're overlooking the potential loss of a good player and not realising it or they've seen his production start to slip down and want to see the back of him. Be interesting to see which it is.
    I put this out earlier this year but one of my best friends (he works with me), a huge Bengals fan as long as I've known him, said that he is a sack of shit.

They franchised him last year and he did squat for them and has basically been a bust since the drafted him.

He also pointed out (after I asked about his tackle stats) that most of them came from chasing a guy all over the field and finally tackleing him.

Of course I got shit on pretty hard when I mentioned that by a bunch of posters on here who like the college he came from so I don't mention it anymore.
    ;D

(I do think he would be a better DE on a team with better players in the middle though).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I put this out earlier this year but one of my best friends (he works with me), a huge Bengals fan as long as I've known him, said that he is a sack of shit.

They franchised him last year and he did squat for them and has basically been a bust since the drafted him.

He also pointed out (after I asked about his tackle stats) that most of them came from chasing a guy all over the field and finally tackleing him.

Of course I got shit on pretty hard when I mentioned that by a bunch of posters on here who like the college he came from so I don't mention it anymore.
    ;D

(I do think he would be a better DE on a team with better players in the middle though).
    Good point Marr. Sometimes good players that play on bad teams look bad playing on bad teams. Is Smith a good player that needs a better situation? Next to the Raiders, The Bengals may be the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL. He had a off year last year but then again most of the team did anyways. Chasing guys all over the feild sounds more like a good thing than a bad thing.

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I put this out earlier this year but one of my best friends (he works with me), a huge Bengals fan as long as I've known him, said that he is a sack of pooh.

Of course I got pooh on pretty hard when I mentioned that by a bunch of posters on here who like the college he came from so I don't mention it anymore.

;D

Good point Marr. Sometimes good players that play on bad teams look bad playing on bad teams. Is Smith a good player that needs a better situation? Next to the Raiders, The Bengals may be the most dysfunctional franchise in the NFL. He had a off year last year but then again most of the team did anyways. Chasing guys all over the feild sounds more like a good thing than a bad thing.
    Super Rand....(Thats what I call Randy)...says he is to slow to catch them.
    Thats why he can't sack the QB.
    ;D

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    I put this out earlier this year but one of my best friends (he works with me), a huge Bengals fan as long as I've known him, said that he is a sack of pooh.

Of course I got pooh on pretty hard when I mentioned that by a bunch of posters on here who like the college he came from so I don't mention it anymore.
    ;D

well least it indicates that he plays until the play is whistled as finished. Maybe with a decent DT tandem inside ( PWill & KWill ) he will pick up again. However I'll admit I don't know enough about the guy to make a call like that, last thing we need is to pick up a DE who isn't going to pull his weight.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

;D

Super Rand....(Thats what I call Randy)...says he is to slow to catch them.
    Thats why he can't sack the QB.
    ;D
    Sadly though he would of been near the top of QB Sacks for our team this year :-[

"AngloVike" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:

;D

well least it indicates that he plays until the play is whistled as finished. Maybe with a decent DT tandem inside ( PWill & KWill ) he will pick up again. However I'll admit I don't know enough about the guy to make a call like that, last thing we need is to pick up a DE who isn't going to pull his weight.
    He was highly ranked coming out of college.
    I just think he is in a bad situation.
    I for one have him rated pretty high as far as a fit for our DE woes.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

id love to get justin smith
    if he is the only "big name" FA we get i would still be very happy
    i like the Florence sleeper pick, i would be surprised if he resigned with SD cause he would be nickle corner for them, if we were to get both of them i would give us a top 5 Defense next year, and probably be the front runner for the NFC north.
    Then we could focus on depth at the draft besides the 1st round.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast