Ok, as we all know our biggest needs in the coming off-season is:

Wide Reciever
    Defensive End
    Offensive Line
    Tight End

Wide Recievers:

1st Round Prospects
    Calvin Johnson, Georgia Tech
    - As many of you know - This guy is a freak, with 6'5 Hight amazing body control.. Great leaper good hands and not freakish - but good speed.. - He's a junior that has declared to this years draftypographies because he knows he can go in the top 3.. May even go number 1 to the Raiders or some other team that trades for the number one pick

Some concers might be he has been a little incositant at times - But you also have to take into consideration that he's QB (Reggie Ball) sucks - and is one of the reason why a talented Georgia Tech team isnt better than they could be.

He's compared many times to Randy Moss a it would be a dream to have him slip to 7, But i bet he wont go why the Bucs who also have problems that the WR position - Our only hope is that they chose to Adress the Defensive End position with a guy like Gaines Adams(look down for his report)

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=Calvin+Johnson&search=Search Lots of Vids..

Dwayne Jarrett, USC
    Dwayne Jarrett would be the safe pick - Nothing really counts against that he will be a good NFL player, but he might not be the next #1 type of guy - He lacks speed, but runs good routes - Is somewhat compared to former USC and #1 overall Keyshawn Johnson, He's not afraid to go over the middle - He's 6-4 and 210 lbs.. which is a good size for a NFL reciever - But he would be a beast in the red zone - I like to compare him to a younger and also faster Marcus Robinson, im whom he all loved until Chilly canned his butt. But he lacks acceleration and might have problems creating good seperation from the opponents DB's. - Burned Leon Hall (CB) from Michigan all night long in the Rose Bowl.

http://youtube.com/results?search_query=Dwayne+Jarrett&search=Search

Ted Ginn Jr, Ohio St
    HAS NOT YET DECLARED
    - Ted Ginn is an amazing playmaker and might be the biggest playmaker in all of college football - Scouts say that every time he touches the ball - he has the ability to score, wheater is on a return (kick/punt) or a run/pass. Ideal player for YAC - avoids tackles very good - Lightning speed with good acceleration of the LOS - Because of his size he's not a factor in the run game, he's only 6-0, 180 lbs.. Can be compared to Steve Smith. - Can be one of the biggest playmakers in the NFL - But is still not polished and it might take a season or two for him to become a major factor at wide reciever - Will not go in and get the #1 job in his rookie season. - But will be a kick/punt returner on the team that drafts him

http://athletics.osu.edu/media/video/06ginn/preseason081506.wmv
    http://youtube.com/results?search_query=Ted+Ginn+JR&search=Search

Robert Meachem, Tennessee
    As the other 3 mentioned he is also a junior.
    Stands 6-3, 210 and also has good size for an NFL reciever - Still not real polished but will give you a #2 type of guy - and then later turn into a #1 reciever with some experience and resposibility. - Good cuts and runs good routes - Good hands which he would use very much. - But has shown trouble adjusting to deep balls - But does have the speed to go deep - Lacks experience and not a certain factor in run-blocking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnsDAuifqD8

Sidney Rice, Southern Carolina
    People didnt think he would come out, he's only a redshirt sophmore and supringsly declared about a week ago. NFLDraftCountdown users has voted him as the number two underclassman behind Calvin Johson, beating out Jarrett, However its very unlikely he would go in the top15, But pretty much a lock in the first round - Could drop due to lack of experience - But has tons of talent - stands 6-4, 205 - Redshirted 2004 season due to knee injury. Might scare some scouts away.

Others prospects worth a look:
    /Dwyane Bowe, LSU
    - JaMarcus Russell #1 target
    /Jeff Samardiza, Notre Dame
    - Brady Quinns #1 target - Has major talant - but i also a talented pitcher, plays minor league baseball for the Chicago Cubs - Might look into playing both sports at the same time - which will make him drop - Needs to make a decision on weather i will play baseball or football
    /Steve Smith, USC
    - The #2 guy behind Jarrett, Senior coming out - talented on looks like 3-4th rounder due to the very good WR class
    /Anthony Gonzales, Ohio St
    - #2 guy behind Ted Ginn Jr, possesion reciever, and also a good return man

Later Rounds:
    Dallas Baker, FLorida
    Paul Williams, Fresno St.
    Matt Trannon, Michigan St.

Defensive Ends

Gaines Adams, Clemson

- Very talented DE, but might be a even better 3-4 linebacker - big passrushing threat, but lacks run stopping skills, Could use more size - but wouldnt be a major problem to bulk up some extra pounds - Might not be availible as the Skins and the Bucs lack players like him

Quentin Moses, Georgia
    - Had an outstanding junior season - but chosed to return for another season at Georgia - and he might regret that, has been doubled teamed all season and has barely gotten to the QB all season, was voted as the biggest senior talent by AP before the season - but that has dropped because of his dissapointing season, as Adams he also would have to bulk up to play defensive end in the NFL and some teams might look at him as a 3-4 LB.

Charles Johnson, Georgia
    - Junior coming out - has really benifitted from teams having an extra eye on Moses, and has had an amazing season from the DE position - coming out he has good size and could play DE right away, in the Chick-fil-A Bowl, Johnson enjoyed arguably the best game of his career, coming through with two sacks, three tackles for loss, one pass break-up and one forced fumble.

Jamaal Anderson, Arkansas
    -Lead the SEC in sacks, great size and can be a factor in the run game also, very talented, that need some expierence and polishing but can become one of the better DE's in the league with the right coaching.

/Victor Abiamiri, Notre Dame
    - One of the few Notre Dame defensive players that can produce
    /Anthony Spencer, Purdue
    - Simon loves this guy :>
    /Jarvis Moss, Florida
    - Stands amazing 6'6, energetic player, had a good bowl game. Junior coming out.

Later Rounds:
    Baraka Atkins, Miami
    Ray McDonald, Florida

Offensive Line

Joe Thomas, Wisconsin
    Rumours go that the Lions will pick this guy at #2, and will fall out of competition for us, i could really see this scenario.
    Vikings trade for 2nd overall, and we all go nuts.. YES WE ARE GETTING CALVIN JOHNSON!!, and the the Vikings select OT, Joe Thomas, Wisconsin :>
    , But it wouldnt be that bad - However is more of a left tackle prospect - has player left tackle at Wisconsin - and might have a hard time going over to the right

Justin Blalock, Texas
    -Can play both Guard and Tackle at the next level, 330 big guy. Pretty sure he will be a guard in the NFL, definatly worth a look, problem is be might go late first round, and would be a major reach to draft him in the top10.

/Levi Brown, Penn St.
    -Not to sold on this guy, but worth a look, tackle prospect
    /Doug Free, Northn Ill.
    - Tackle prospect, will proberly go 2nd round
    /Joe Staley, Central Michigan
    - Might turn into a decent tackle in the NFL.
    /Josh Beekman, Boston(BOooooo!) College
    - a Guard, definatly worth a good look

Later rounds:
    Manuel Ramirez, Texas Tech
    Tony Ugoh, Arkansas
    Ryan Harris, Notre Dame

Tight Ends:

Martrez Milner, Georgia
    Excellent size at TE, and also might be on of the quickest TE's coming out
    6-4
    Would really fit nice into this offense, however has had alot of trouble with dropped passes during his senior year. Did have 2 touchdowns in the Chick-Fil-A bowl plus a 40-50 yard catch i remember, in which he was denied a third stopped at the 2nd yard line or so. Can be used in the run game

Matt Speath, Minnesota
    Could be a Viking, my only concern is if he's to slow for this offense but i like his hands, I dont think he is what he need.

Other prospects worth a look:
    //Greg Olsen, Miami
    //Zach Miller, Arizona St
    //Scott Chandler, Iowa

MY Vikings mock:

1. Dwayne Jarrett(if Calvin Johnson is out of reach) WR
    2. Josh Beekman or Manuel Ramirez, OG
    3. Dallas Baker, WR
    4. Tony Taylor, LB
    5. Martrez Milner, TE
    6. And some guys here that will play like Marques Colston
    7. Also here! ;

Hope i like it..

Sorry for all the spelling issiues.. live with it :>

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

norseforce is offline Rookie

Re: Skums Draft Thread

our 1st round pick is going to get big time cash,and right now we have too much cash invested in the offensive line,we need bigtime WR or one of those TOP QBs

VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer

Why do we need a QB?
    We don't.
    We're going with Tarvaris (or Brooks) and I like the decision.
    I know he didn't play very well but he didn't have any weapons either and he looked really good for a rookie with no weapons.
    He made smart decisions (for the most part) and took some risks (especially against the Rams) and those risks will pay off with better guys around him.

Really nice thread here. Kudos.
    I think that if Calvin Johnson doesn't have hugely impressive workouts then he will be available at #7.
    No one in the first 6 picks needs a WR and the only way they pick him is if they deem him a Reggie Bush and decide that his talent is just too much to pass up. Mel Kiper has him ranked #1 right now, ahead of Quinn and Russel.

I like looking at top DEs and OLs but we need to have a WR coming out of the first round.
    I really Jarrett and maybe he isn't a huge deep threat but we're not a real deep threat team.
    What we need is a guy who can go over the middle and take on double coverage and Jarret sure can.

I'm not a big Ted Ginn fan and so if, for some reason, Jarrett and Johnson are unavailable I would like to see us trade back and get Sidney Rice, Anthony Gonzalez , or another WR.
    My main point is that we need a WR with our first pick.
    If a guy isn't there at #7 then we need to pick-up a couple extra picks (and probably use them on WRs) and get one later.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I excluded Cornerbacks and safeties, as i dont think its such a big need as many people makes it, we will get Dovonte back, might re-sign Tank Williams.. I we could also have a good shot at bringing in Eagles S Michael Lewis..

Also i would really cry if we picked Leon Hall in the top10/20 or at all.. He's not worth it

Only DB i could see us bringing in in the top rounds would be Laron Landry out of LSU

I would like to see what Tomlin could do with Frenso CB Marcus McCauley

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"VikemanX84" wrote:
    Why do we need a QB?
    We don't.
    We're going with Tarvaris (or Brooks) and I like the decision.
    I know he didn't play very well but he didn't have any weapons either and he looked really good for a rookie with no weapons.
    He made smart decisions (for the most part) and took some risks (especially against the Rams) and those risks will pay off with better guys around him.

Really nice thread here. Kudos.
    I think that if Calvin Johnson doesn't have hugely impressive workouts then he will be available at #7.
    No one in the first 6 picks needs a WR and the only way they pick him is if they deem him a Reggie Bush and decide that his talent is just too much to pass up. Mel Kiper has him ranked #1 right now, ahead of Quinn and Russel.

I like looking at top DEs and OLs but we need to have a WR coming out of the first round.
    I really Jarrett and maybe he isn't a huge deep threat but we're not a real deep threat team.
    What we need is a guy who can go over the middle and take on double coverage and Jarret sure can.

I'm not a big Ted Ginn fan and so if, for some reason, Jarrett and Johnson are unavailable I would like to see us trade back and get Sidney Rice, Anthony Gonzalez , or another WR.
    My main point is that we need a WR with our first pick.
    If a guy isn't there at #7 then we need to pick-up a couple extra picks (and probably use them on WRs) and get one later.
    Better yet...pick up a couple of solid WRs via FA or trade (but NOT for our 1st round pick).
    That way, Tarvaris or Brooks (or Jeff Garcia) has some proven pass catchers to throw to.
    The ONLY WR that I would take in the first round is Johnson...the rest will be WAY too raw to be worth our first pick (even if we trade down).
    Drafting for just need is for weak teams...drafting the best player available eventually pays off...after several years, you have a team of very good, if not great, players with which to make several Super Bowl runs.
    The other way, you are just filling holes.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Blog Entries

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731753

Ohio St Buckeyes WR Ted Ginn Jr declares

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2731688

Lousville Cardinals QB Brian Brohm returns to college

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"norseforce" wrote:
    our 1st round pick is going to get big time cash,and right now we have too much cash invested in the offensive line,we need bigtime WR or one of those TOP QBs
    Nice avatar! I used to have one like it.

I don't think Ginn is going to be a very good pro. I think he is a good playmaker and is probably going to be a good return man in the league, but I would worry about size
    and injuries holding him back as a WR.

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

random thoughts about the draft:

i say we move down in the draft and pick up patrick willis, MLB from ole miss.
    ;D

seriously though, i would love to have a top OG or RT that would be a stud on this team for a long time to come if we do indeed move down. the gaurd from texas, justin blalock, was beastly everytime i watched him but most mocks have him going in about the top 15 picks.

i dont think we take a corner back in the 1st few rounds, but thats just my opinion. smoot and winfield and griffin did a VERY good job this year, and we have safeties that are proven. ( i blame the low pass defense on the DE)

i agree with most people here about the fact we need to get a good proven WR via trade/FA and that a draft pick may take awhile to develop.

KRob18 is offline Rookie

I wouldnt be surprised if they took a qb with a mid-round pick. like in the 4th round.

Blog Entries

I can see all your points in bringing in a FA WR.. But the thing is.. the FA WR Class this year is extremely weak imo.. And drafting a WR would send a message to the rest of the WR's and that might be what they need.. It worked out pretty good with the linebackers this year

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast