Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sign Kris Jenkins Please

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090863
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090847
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090588
    With any other player, that sounds like a good idea, but banking on edwards coopetating is a big if. I expect him to hold out, and griff will split with rob or maybea fa signing. Putting or eggs in the re basket, especially after his actions last year just sounds like poor planning, unless they already discussed working on a contract after the new cba
    I'm with ya my friend.

I wonder what Rice is gonna do as well. Chad might even elect to protect himself this year instead of playing his ass off like he did last year and still didn't get rewarded for the effort/risk.
    Really? Chad said many times he wants to spend his whole career here. The Vikes have absolutely NO reason to not resign him. He's a great player, and a great person. He's like AD, skill you love, and a guy you want to have in the locker room. He knows he's getting money here, it's just a matter of when.

when asked about getting Franchised, he said he was excited to know he meant that much to the team. He knows he'll be re-signed, and he knows the CBA thing is a big issue. So no, I don't buy any of that protecting crap.
    Agreed.

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I believe Letroy Guion will start game 1, if there is a game 1..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090863
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090847
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090588
    With any other player, that sounds like a good idea, but banking on edwards coopetating is a big if. I expect him to hold out, and griff will split with rob or maybea fa signing. Putting or eggs in the re basket, especially after his actions last year just sounds like poor planning, unless they already discussed working on a contract after the new cba
    I'm with ya my friend.

I wonder what Rice is gonna do as well. Chad might even elect to protect himself this year instead of playing his ass off like he did last year and still didn't get rewarded for the effort/risk.
    Really? Chad said many times he wants to spend his whole career here. The Vikes have absolutely NO reason to not resign him. He's a great player, and a great person. He's like AD, skill you love, and a guy you want to have in the locker room. He knows he's getting money here, it's just a matter of when.

when asked about getting Franchised, he said he was excited to know he meant that much to the team. He knows he'll be re-signed, and he knows the CBA thing is a big issue. So no, I don't buy any of that protecting crap.
    I take everything said by a player, coach, FO puke and agent, with a grain of salt at this stage in the game my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1090899
    I believe Letroy Guion will start game 1, if there is a game 1..
    I really loved what he did in his limited role last year.

Maybe, just maybe, he can continue to impress me by actually starting, and playing effectively as our 0 technique NT.

Problem is, in most cases, he flashed as the 3 technique while Kdubb was in at the 0 technique.

The guy I have my eye on is that Paea kid. Jammie Dukes calls him a "War Pig".

Strengths
    Freakishly strong. Could be one of the strongest players in the nation. NFL Combine record 49 repititions in the bench press. His size give him a natural leverage advantage. Possesses a violent punch that shocks offensive linemen off the snap. Has the strength to lock linemen out, find the ball, and make a play on the ball carrier. Has enough quickness to penetrate into the backfield and disrupt. Plays with a non-stop motor. Always working toward the ball and after the quarterback as a pass rusher. Because of his strength, he's constantly is double-teamed, allowing linebackers to be freed up to make plays on the ball carrier. Shows promise as a pass rusher. When he uses his hands, he has a nice rip and arm over moves. Gives great effort on every play, which leads him to getting sacks. When he wants to, he can be a dominating player.
    Weaknesses
    A raw prospect who only has played football for five years. Doesn't possess an explosive burst as a pass rusher. Has such great strength, but doesn't use it to his advantage enough as a pass rusher. Needs to develop counter moves to become a more effective pass rusher. Plays with inconsistent technique. Has trouble playing with his hands and shedding blocks consistently. Struggles to locate the ball at times. Lacks the athleticism to make plays in space and in pursuit.
    Projection
    Late First Round-Early Second Round. One of the top DT prospects in the 2011 NFL Draft, but because of his size, he will be limited to playing in a 4-3 scheme.
    Stephen Paea
    Seems to fit the bill for what we need scheme wise. Mix him in with the following:

a. RDE JA - Rob
    b. DT K-dubb - Guion/JK
    c. NT (Mid Tier Vet) - Paea - Guion/JK
    d. LDE Ray - Griff/Rob

.....and I think we would have a hell of a rotation which would get us back to were we need to be against the run, and especially the pass.

I'd love to see that kid in there next to K-dubb, JA and perhaps Griff or Rob at LDE.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1090459
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090413
    Quote Originally Posted by "thatjusthappened28" #1090405
    I do not believe Jenkins would be a good signing for us. He's getting older and his injury history is horrible.

If we want to address the issue of DT through FA... I say we go for Tommy Harris. He's a big athletic DT that could help solidify our big 4 up front, if/when Pat leaves.
    Agree, I think the Harris/Lovie relationship was doomed from the beginning.

I would worry about his health though. Like Jenkins, he has been down/out for 2 or 3 seasons for one reason or another.

Still think we should look at the problem child in DC if he gets released, which I think he will.
    Marr,
    I actually prefer Hanes to both of the guys but, I don't think we will go in that direction. I prefer Jenkins to Harris, Harris is done. His game was all explosion off the snap and he has lost that ability. Jenkins is a capable defender and an all around better DT. Truth be told, i still consider him an elite DT as long as he can stay healthy.
    I was going to comment on Harris, but you beat me on that. You are right on Kevon. Harris lost his quickness with the injury and it hasn't come back.
    Also agree Haines would be a great fit in our 4-3. Don't know how his head is.
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123