Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Sign Kris Jenkins Please

I don't doubt well look at dt, but we do need to address de as well. Edwards won't sign a long term deal here, rob isn't a starter, and griffen has proven nothing. I wouldnt be surprised to see us draft a lde in the mid-rounds

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

[quote="Marrdro" #1090570]Well, I guess, by tendering both Ray and Rob, that takes care of the LDE and depth at RDE/LDE.

My guess is that they will focus on DT in the draft at some point and won't go out and look at any of these FA's.

Maybe, in the end, thats a good thing. I for one hate these damn "Tenders" as a way of doing business.[/quote]

I guess its midnight tonight that is the deadline for the Vikes to sign any of the guys that have been cut by other teams but I really don't expect to see any movement from them because of the way they have used these tenders.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090575
    I don't doubt well look at dt, but we do need to address de as well. Edwards won't sign a long term deal here, rob isn't a starter, and griffen has proven nothing. I wouldnt be surprised to see us draft a lde in the mid-rounds
    What do you mean Griff hasn't proven anything? Did you watch him when he finally started to get some reps last year.

In the end, by putting tenders on both Ray and Rob, and with Griff as depth/learning, I don't see them going after a DE with our limited picks this year.

My guess, they will use their 7 picks on the following (no specific order):

a. QB
    b. DT
    c. C
    e. LB
    f. S
    g. WR
    h. T/G
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "vikinggreg" #1090579
    I guess its midnight tonight that is the deadline for the Vikes to sign any of the guys that have been cut by other teams but I really don't expect to see any movement from them because of the way they have used these tenders.
    I really don't think we are gonna see the staff make a big splash in FA this year.

We might go out and sign a few, but I look for them to revert back to their process they followed in 2006, 2007 and 2008. One exception to that might be that they try to work something out with a guy like Bulger before things break tonight.

Draft wisely.
    Sign FA's coming off of their first contract that fit the scheme.
    Retain as many of their corp guys as they can.

Already seeing them trying to retain players (I think in the wrong manner) by tendering their corps players from the 2006 class.

I do find it kindof funny that we haven't seen them releasing anyone yet. As you say, maybe tonight.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090580
    What do you mean Griff hasn't proven anything? Did you watch him when he finally started to get some reps last year.

In the end, by putting tenders on both Ray and Rob, and with Griff as depth/learning, I don't see them going after a DE with our limited picks this year.

a. QB
    b. DT
    c. C
    e. LB
    f. S
    g. WR
    h. T/G
    Yes I have, I saw a guy with skills, but with still alot to learn. Is he mature enough yuo be a long term solution? I reakly don't expect to see edwards back at all, robison is really just a situational guy. As well, a not popular thought, but think about a replacement for allen. I don't know how many years he has left, but do we re-sign him? Maybe shop him for picks. I just don't think de is as locked up as some believe

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090582
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090580

a. QB
    b. DT
    c. C
    e. LB
    f. S
    g. WR
    h. T/G
    Yes I have, I saw a guy with skills, but with still alot to learn. Is he mature enough yuo be a long term solution? I reakly don't expect to see edwards back at all, robison is really just a situational guy. As well, a not popular thought, but think about a replacement for allen. I don't know how many years he has left, but do we re-sign him? Maybe shop him for picks. I just don't think de is as locked up as some believe
    I think the staffs intention is to keep Ray one more year. Let Griff get some more reps (that will piss both Ray and Rob off) and then make Griff the starter at LDE in 2012.

In the end, they've screwed the pooch by not addressing the NT position for two years, now they are in a bind at both positions.

On a side note, I hope that maybe Guions improvement last year was a indicator that maybe he is ready to start taking some reps off of K-dubb, which, in the long run will help K-dubbs legs/productivity.

What we can't do, however, is, keep moving K-dubb to the 0 technique. He was pretty much non existent when he was moved to that role.

Blog Entries

With any other player, that sounds like a good idea, but banking on edwards coopetating is a big if. I expect him to hold out, and griff will split with rob or maybea fa signing. Putting or eggs in the re basket, especially after his actions last year just sounds like poor planning, unless they already discussed working on a contract after the new cba

Sajid28 is offline Coordinator

Quote Originally Posted by "thatjusthappened28" #1090405
    I do not believe Jenkins would be a good signing for us. He's getting older and his injury history is horrible.

If we want to address the issue of DT through FA... I say we go for Tommy Harris. He's a big athletic DT that could help solidify our big 4 up front, if/when Pat leaves.

very well put.. i dont want jenkins, 7 games in two years? are you kidding me? this guy will not even be on the field most of the time. id rather go with tommy harris.. hes young, more healthier than jenkins, and his a pro bowler.

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090588
    With any other player, that sounds like a good idea, but banking on edwards coopetating is a big if. I expect him to hold out, and griff will split with rob or maybea fa signing. Putting or eggs in the re basket, especially after his actions last year just sounds like poor planning, unless they already discussed working on a contract after the new cba
    I'm with ya my friend.

I wonder what Rice is gonna do as well. Chad might even elect to protect himself this year instead of playing his ass off like he did last year and still didn't get rewarded for the effort/risk.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090847
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090588
    I'm with ya my friend.

I wonder what Rice is gonna do as well. Chad might even elect to protect himself this year instead of playing his ass off like he did last year and still didn't get rewarded for the effort/risk.
    Really? Chad said many times he wants to spend his whole career here. The Vikes have absolutely NO reason to not resign him. He's a great player, and a great person. He's like AD, skill you love, and a guy you want to have in the locker room. He knows he's getting money here, it's just a matter of when.

when asked about getting Franchised, he said he was excited to know he meant that much to the team. He knows he'll be re-signed, and he knows the CBA thing is a big issue. So no, I don't buy any of that protecting crap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast