Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Sign Kris Jenkins Please

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/28/jets-cutting-jenkins-gholston-woody-taylor/

Look like the Jets will be cutting Kris Jenkins. He's an incredible player who I believe to be the best DT in the league ( no disrespect to KW). He can play in the 4-3 or 3-4 defense and has excelled in both. A paring of him and KW will add much needed bite to this defensive line and will allow us to focus on other concerns (Safety, WR, QB, TE, DL)

*He is coming off a torn ACL...but he has successfully done so in the past and my request is only if he is healthy enough to contribute for us.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Sign Kris Jenkins Please

Aren't his issues related to both knees and hasn't he been down for most of two season?

I need to go check, but I do remember alot of stuff going on between him and the Jets over his knees are still bad because the Jets rehab wasn't what he needed or something like that.

If he has two bumb wheels then I'd rather go after the problem child in DC over bringing him in.

If his wheels are good, then yes, he did have some flash in 2008 (or was it 2007) that might make him an option. By the way, if his wheels are good I bet the Jets try to resign him at a lower pay scale.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NT Kris Jenkins. I suppose itís possible he could be back at a lower price, so I wonít rule it out, but Iím pretty sure the Jets werenít enthused that he took a shot at their rehab methods during an interview with Newsday last week. But the bottom line is he played in parts of only seven games the last two seasons because of recurring knee injuries and now that he is on the other side of 30, he needs to lost some weight to give those knees a break. Was terrific in his first season as a Jet in 2008 before the injuries.
    Green Machine Analyzing the four cuts
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

I do not believe Jenkins would be a good signing for us. He's getting older and his injury history is horrible.

If we want to address the issue of DT through FA... I say we go for Tommy Harris. He's a big athletic DT that could help solidify our big 4 up front, if/when Pat leaves.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Quote Originally Posted by "thatjusthappened28" #1090405
    I do not believe Jenkins would be a good signing for us. He's getting older and his injury history is horrible.

If we want to address the issue of DT through FA... I say we go for Tommy Harris. He's a big athletic DT that could help solidify our big 4 up front, if/when Pat leaves.
    Agree, I think the Harris/Lovie relationship was doomed from the beginning.

I would worry about his health though. Like Jenkins, he has been down/out for 2 or 3 seasons for one reason or another.

Still think we should look at the problem child in DC if he gets released, which I think he will.

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090413
    Quote Originally Posted by "thatjusthappened28" #1090405

Agree, I think the Harris/Lovie relationship was doomed from the beginning.

I would worry about his health though. Like Jenkins, he has been down/out for 2 or 3 seasons for one reason or another.

Still think we should look at the problem child in DC if he gets released, which I think he will.
    Marr,
    I actually prefer Hanes to both of the guys but, I don't think we will go in that direction. I prefer Jenkins to Harris, Harris is done. His game was all explosion off the snap and he has lost that ability. Jenkins is a capable defender and an all around better DT. Truth be told, i still consider him an elite DT as long as he can stay healthy.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

For 1/5th-1/10th of what he's being paid now, sure, he's worth the risk.

He was dominant for the Jets in 2008.

Any thoughts on Andre Carter.
    Had 11 sacks in 2009...then Shan moved to the 3-4 and he had 2.
    Should be able to get him pretty cheaply and his signing will allow Griffen to get a bit more time to develop.

A Dline of Allen, Williams, Jenkins and Carter would be pretty nice.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Carter is pretty inconsistent.

If we're going to take a risk, I'd prefer to take a young risk, but I wouldn't be against the move, just skeptical... I don't know which guy we'd be getting.

Well, I guess, by tendering both Ray and Rob, that takes care of the LDE and depth at RDE/LDE.

My guess is that they will focus on DT in the draft at some point and won't go out and look at any of these FA's.

Maybe, in the end, thats a good thing. I for one hate these damn "Tenders" as a way of doing business.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast