Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    SnoSho is offline Rookie

Re: SI mock draft #4

Sims & Greenway are booth solid LB. Sims runs 4.6 40 greenway 4.7, Greenway is 8lbs heaver, Sims had 6 more on the bench than Greenway
    Would not turn either away, but Greenway is a Dakota kid and played for Iowa so that could find some more fans and sales to pump up the new owners. Though if thats what they wanted they could bring back Brock to the practice squad and sell Jerseys all day long. :lol:

Greenway

Defense Solo Ast. Total T/Loss Sacks I-Yd-TD BLK PBU FF RF
    Career 157 103 260 21/49 5/13 3-54- 1 2 12 2 0

Sims (sorry didn't have time to add him up his seasons)
    Defense Solo Ast. Total T/Loss Sacks I-Yd-TD BLK PBU FF RF

2005 22 50 72 5/10 2.5 2/3 0 4 1 1 0

revprodeji is offline Starter

yea, I still think D'qwell>>>>>>sims, I am very impressed with D'qwell much more than sims
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

If Winston Justice falls to us and Sims and Cutler don't, do you think whe should sure up our o-line by drafting Winston Justice??

I only think if Sims, Greenway and Cutler are gone...then we should...

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

thats awesome they changed their mock draft again, i wonder how many more times they will chage it before the draft.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

norseforce is offline Rookie

GREENWAY sounds alot better, SIMMS has a HISTORY of concussions thats not to good for a rookie LB, WHO'S ALREADY UNDERSIZED.

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    If Winston Justice falls to us and Sims and Cutler don't, do you think whe should sure up our o-line by drafting Winston Justice??

I only think if Sims, Greenway and Cutler are gone...then we should...
    I think he is better than Sims and Greenway. Plus the draft is deep at LB, so we could use one of our second rounders, or package some of our many first day picks to secure one. Cutler would be the best posible scenario on draft dayand I see us taking Justice only if Cutler is gone. But he wont fall so there is no real debate here.

muchluv4smoot is offline Team Alumni

Basically Sims is a perfect fit for the Tampa 2 and exactly what we lack at LB on this team. We still don't have the pla making LB. We dont' have that LB that is always around the football. We don't have that LB that is an awesome coverage guy and that can even cover slot receivers extremely well. Sims has been compared to Derrick Brooks and for really good reason. He is a heck of a talent and would be an absolute stud in a tampa 2 defense.

Greenway isn't worthy of the 17th pick. If Sims was gone, I would hope we would look at a RB or CB at 17 and not greenway. I would only look at Greenway, if we found someone to move down with a handful or so spots. Even then I would look at a fast riser, in Thomas Howard. He is another guy that would fit really well into our new system.

Basically if you read all these interviews that Childress and company are giving, all you keep hereing is that they are looking for guys that fit the system. Sims fits the system much much better then Greenway.

Also don't judge Sims by his stats in college. That has a lot to do with the D system they run down at Llorida St.

I'd take Sims at 17 and if he is gone, I'd look at Maroney, provided of course that no QB falls to 17. Maroney is more of that inside power runner that we lack on this team right now. I just see too many similarities in Chester Taylor and DeAngelo Williams' games, that I think Maroney would be a better pick and more of what we lack right now at the RB spot.

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

I'd like to see your take on the Vikes top 17 muchluv4smoot. You're always studied up well on college talent.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

unless leber has his best year ever, and thomas pulls his head outoff his back side the vikings need an olb.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234