Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Warp is offline Asst. Coach

SI.com Top Ten 07 Mock Draft

SI Top Ten 07 Mock Draft
    Hey Dont think anyone posted this, SI predicts the Top ten picks for next year, and surprise they think the Vikings will be picking #9 Next year

Anyway, heres how they got it.
    10-New Orleans Saints-Patrick Willis LB, Mississippi
    In SI.com’s early projection of which teams will be picking first and which players will be at the top of the list in the 2007 draft, pencil in New Orleans to use the 10th pick on the 6-foot-2, 230-pound Willis, who had 128 tackles in 2005 (90 solo, 9.5 for loss) and was one of the few bright spots on a Rebels squad that finished 1-7 in the SEC.

9-Minnesota Vikings-Michael Bush RB, Louisville
    The 6-3, 250-pound Bush arrived at the 'Ville as a QB but was converted into a ballcarrier to make room for Brian Brohm under center. The switch has been a success, as Bush rushed for 1,143 yards and 23 TDs in 2005.

8-Houston Texans-Marshawn Lynch RB, California
    Lynch became the Bears' featured back in 2005, rushing for 1,246 yards on 196 carries. He's a lightning-quick runner with a 5-11, 200-pound frame.

7-Detroit Lions-Justin Blalock Tackle, Texas
    Blalock, a third-team AP All-America selection in 2005, was one of Vince Young's primary protectors. At 6-4, 329 pounds, Blalock has the size to join V.Y. in the pros in 2007.

6-Tennessee Titans-Paul Posluszny LB, Penn State
    Posluszny, a 6-2, 229-pound bruiser, opted to return to the Nittany Lions for his senior season after suffering a knee injury in the Orange Bowl. He was one of the nation's best LBs in 2005, recording 116 tackles (64 solo, 11 for loss).

5-New York Jets-Dwayne Jarrett WR, USC
    Jarrett, one of the college game's biggest wideouts at 6-5 and 210 pounds, was Matt Leinart's featured receiver in 2005, catching 91 balls for 1,274 yards and 16 TDs.

4-Chicago Bears-Brian Brohm QB, Louisville
    Before suffering a torn ACL against Syracuse, Brohm was the nation's No. 2-rated passer in 2005, finishing with a QB rating of 166.7. He's on schedule to return for the Cards' 2006 opener and will lead one of the nation's most high-powered offenses.

3-San Francisco 49ers-Calvin Johnson WR, Georgia Tech
    Johnson, at 6-4 and 230 pounds, has an NFL body and the ability to make highlight-reel catches with ease. In a run-oriented offense, he still caught 54 balls for 888 yards and six touchdowns in 2005.

2-Buffalo Bills-Brady Quinn QB, Notre Dame
    Tutored by Charlie Weis in an NFL-style offense, the 6-foot-4 Quinn will be coveted by pro teams searching for the next Tom Brady. The Irish QB passed for 3,919 yards and 32 touchdowns in 2005.

1-Green Bay Packers-Adrian Peterson RB, Oklahoma
    Will the Pack's first post-Favre-era draft pick be the Sooners' star runner? Peterson had a down year in 2005 -- 1,108 rushing yards and nagging injuries -- after nearly winning the Heisman in 2004, but should be primed for a big junior season.

I know this is very early for a 07 mock but i thought its kinda cool to see the top prospects for next year and where they could be picked, Although this one is kinda dumb as it has all 4 teams from nfc north in the top ten. Bit of a head scratcher there. And i dont think any of us think the vikes will be picking in the top ten anyway :wink:

UMDTwinsfan is offline Rookie

Re: SI.com Top Ten 07 Mock Draft

Haha well it must have been us trading up to 9 for the 32nd in the 1st and second :wink: we must really like that kid out of louisville :roll:
    im pretty sure its not possible for all NFC north teams to pick in the top ten one of us has to make the playoffs we must really like that kid out of louisville :roll:
    Mike Tyson~ "My main objective is to be professional but to kill him."
    [img:01cfef02d5]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/MNTwins757/mine/Chrissfistattempt.jpg[/img:01cfef02d5]

viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

I think this was already posted, not sure though. Either way, they didn't show the vikings much love.

"UMDTwinsfan" wrote:
    Haha well it must have been us trading up to 9 for the 32nd in the 1st and second :wink: we must really like that kid out of louisville :roll:
    im pretty sure its not possible for all NFC north teams to pick in the top ten one of us has to make the playoffs we must really like that kid out of louisville :roll:
    I think in theory we could all make the top ten, If we all went 1-1 in division play and then lost all the other games. Then all teams in the Division would be 4-12. Wont ever happen but still. and think of all the tiebreakers in effect for which one of the teams gets in the playoffs :lol:

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"Warp" wrote:
    "UMDTwinsfan" wrote:
    I think in theory we could all make the top ten, If we all went 1-1 in division play and then lost all the other games. Then all teams in the Division would be 4-12. Wont ever happen but still. and think of all the tiebreakers in effect for which one of the teams gets in the playoffs :lol:
    I must correct you warp on your mathematical error. Because each team plays six games in its division (two against every other team in the division), if each team goes 1-1 in the division and loses every other game, the result would be each team achieving a 3-13 record.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

pepper 0n moss is offline Pro-Bowler

hmmm... we have the lowest pick (9) compared to the lions, bears, and packers...

i guess we'll win the division and play 5th seed in the playoffs! :]

"maddenhasamancrushonfavre" wrote:
    "Warp" wrote:
    "UMDTwinsfan" wrote:
    I must correct you warp on your mathematical error. Because each team plays six games in its division (two against every other team in the division), if each team goes 1-1 in the division and loses every other game, the result would be each team achieving a 3-13 record.
    Oops didnt notice that ops: , thanks for the heads up though.

KY Vike is offline Starter

this is a win/win situation : win the division and get a top 10 pick....

i like it!
    2 Most Favorite Things:
    1) Minnesota Vikings
    2) Kentucky Basketball. Yeah Baby!

Packers with the 1st overall pick.......

I LOVE IT !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I ll be dead and cold before I m green and gold

Thanks to PPE for sig

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

What's the point of even writing such a thing? Omar Jacobs was a lock to be the third QB taken in the 2006 draft this time last year.. And we all know how THAT panned out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast