Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Should we draft Ted Ginn

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "seaniemck7" wrote:
    Repeat: hell no. I agree with you Nodak except for your last statement.

LOL. Yeah, but if it does happen I will be forced to put some type of positive spin on it.
    I am bound by tradition to buy the jersey of our first round draft pick each year.
    So if it does end up being Ginn I will need to homer up a little and start pointing out all of his bright spots... ;D
    Good Lord....you own a Dimitrius Underwood jersey?

=Z=
    I never found one in 99.
    I actually don't know if they even made them.
    Because of circumstances I wore my #84 jersey again that year.

Seriously, if I could find one I would buy it.
    It represents the one hole in my collection...
    eBay draws a blank on this one.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

[img width=330 height=512]http://menofthescarletandgray.com/wp-content/uploads/ginnFoot.jpg[/img]

I don't see the durability issues. Any other player would have been injured after having their foot in that kind of awkward position. Not his fault that his teammate tackled him.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

BPA is the only way to go.
    The Vikes have many more holes than just WR.
    Hopefully the front office and the coach is looking at each position and asking themselves, "can the Vikings win a Super Bowl with EJ Henderson at OLB, with Kevin Williams and Pat Williams at DT's, with Smoot, Winfield, and Griffin at CB's..........etc."
    If you start looking at the team in that manner, you start making the right decisions.
    We absolutely should not settle for Ginn at #7 if Adrian Peterson, or any other better player is available.
    Championship teams do not draft for need until later in the draft...........................................PL EASE - take the Best Player Available; at #7, it is not Ginn IMHO.

The envelope please................NO

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

What if our organization considers Ginn the "best player available"? Is that out of the question? I think there are only two players in the draft that we'll pick with no hesitation at the 7th, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas, Both of whom likely won't get past the 4th pick.

If the vikings think that Ginn is the best thing for the team then i'm all for it.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePeopleEaters" wrote:
    What if our organization considers Ginn the "best player available"? Is that out of the question? I think there are only two players in the draft that we'll pick with no hesitation at the 7th, Calvin Johnson and Joe Thomas, Both of whom likely won't get past the 4th pick.

If the vikings think that Ginn is the best thing for the team then i'm all for it.
    If the Vikings think Ginn is the best player available for the team, then they will have my backing too.
    I just don't think he will be the best player available at the number 7 pick.
    Calvin Johnson, Joe Thomas, JaMarcus Russell, Alan Branch, Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Paul Posluszny and Dwayne Jarrett are all better players IHO, and sheer numbers guarantee that at least two of them will be available to the #7 spot.

If the Vikings decide that the best player for the Vikings out of the ones left is Ginn, then we need to trade down to get an extra pick some where as well.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

If you are talking at the #7 pick, then I say no.. I would rather have Dwayne Jarrett at # 7, that is assuming that Calvin Johnson is gone already.. If CJ is there, no doubt about it, he will be a Viking..

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"MaxVike" wrote:
    Hopefully the front office and the coach is looking at each position and asking themselves, "can the Vikings win a Super Bowl with EJ Henderson at OLB, with Kevin Williams and Pat Williams at DT's, with Smoot, Winfield, and Griffin at CB's..........etc."
    If you start looking at the team in that manner, you start making the right decisions.
    We absolutely should not settle for Ginn at #7 if Adrian Peterson, or any other better player is available.
    Championship teams do not draft for need until later in the draft...........................................PL EASE - take the Best Player Available; at #7, it is not Ginn IMHO.

I am with you on that.
    BPA.
    The way this draft will play out, the BPA should be one of the DE's.

If for some DUMB reason they don't take the BPA and reach for someone then I would rather see them go for Levi Brown before they take Ginn.
    In my opinion, both are a reach and Brown is less of a reach.
    Alot of boards have him going in top 10-12 picks.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"MaxVike" wrote:

Excellent post Max! The draft is fairly deep with WR's and a few FA's ready to play for another team. I say draft the best player available. Ginn is not a #7.
    It all starts up front

ballhog27 is offline Rookie

Drafting Ginn at #7 is the dumbest idea I have heard of in a while. I don't get the idea of Viking fans thinking we need that one guy that could be a great wideout and an even better returner. I think that if we want a great wideout we trade down in the draft to maybe 15. This would allow us a chance to draft either Jarrett or Ginn. I'm only saying that if some how Johnson doesn't drop to 7. And to finish my point about the WR/returner, look at Dante Hall. I don't think he is in the top 20 receivers in the NFL, but he is an incredible return man. David Palmer was the same way. So in closing I think drafting Ginn high because he is versatile is Idiotic.
    "Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure."
    - Knute Rockne

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

As bad as we need WR's, the only reason I'd agree with not drafting Ginn or another WR at #7 is because this year's draft pool is so deep in WR's, that we can trade down and still get a couple decent WR's in the draft.
    As a buckeye fan, I'd love to see Ginn in a Vikings uniform, but I can see them not wanting to draft him that high.
    I'd be happy if we get Jarrett, Ginn, Calvin Johnson, Sydney Rice, Anthony Gonzalez, or the guy from LSU (forget his name), regardless of what pick we get them with.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast