Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Should the Vikings trade up, down, or stay put with their No.17 pick?

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Stay put.

Based on team needs ahead of us, there will be a couple of players there that could/should provide immediate help.

Kenny Philips - Best S in the draft
    Merling - Take him regardless of his herrnia.
    He'll be ready by camp
    Chris Williams - Either Williams or Cherilus will be there.

If one of these guys aren't there then something happened at the top of the draft that will allow for someone else to fall i.e. Harvey, Clady, Baker etc.
    You still think we need a Safety with the moves we made? interesting my friend

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I saw we go Mike Ditka and trade all of our picks to Miami for the #1 overall pick.
    ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Garland" wrote:
    I saw we go Mike Ditka and trade all of our picks to Miami for the #1 overall pick.
    ;D
    Your killing me.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I was watching either ESPN or NFLN the other day, and they were saying that the Chargers wanted to trade out of the first round.

I say we try to trade back with one of the teams in the mid-20s and pick up a few more picks (ATL has a ton of picks).

Then if there is a player we really want at the end of the first, we could trade up to get him from SD.
    If we could pull that off and hold onto another high round pick, that would be ideal.

I think this draft has a lot of talent in rounds 2-4, so the more picks we can get the better, IMHO.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I've gone for BPA and stay put. I don't think we would gain enough for what it would cost to move up and would rather keep our picks for potential players. Basically I would rather have 2 or three good players as opposed to one blue chip, we're not close enough where one player alone is enough to make us a SB winning team.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I say screw BPA, we need a DE. Either stay put and grab one or move up for a top tier DE.

"Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Stay put.

Based on team needs ahead of us, there will be a couple of players there that could/should provide immediate help.

He'll be ready by camp

If one of these guys aren't there then something happened at the top of the draft that will allow for someone else to fall i.e. Harvey, Clady, Baker etc.
    You know I always look big picture at things like this.
    Lets not forget that we need at least one more on the roster (we carry 5 and have 4 under contract) to not only add depth but to develop for a year or two behind Sharper.

Now we could get that guy next year but with a guy like Phillips sitting there at 17 and nothing better to take I would snag him in a tic.

Of course Merling would have to be gone for me to think anything other than DE at this spot as I see either him or Campbell as really good fits in our scheme.
    17 might be just a bit high for Campbell IMHO (as connvinced by some of you
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Stay put.

He'll be ready by camp

Lets not forget that we need at least one more on the roster (we carry 5 and have 4 under contract) to not only add depth but to develop for a year or two behind Sharper.

Now we could get that guy next year but with a guy like Phillips sitting there at 17 and nothing better to take I would snag him in a tic.

Of course Merling would have to be gone for me to think anything other than DE at this spot as I see either him or Campbell as really good fits in our scheme.
    ;D)
    That's why I put trade down a few spots to like 24 or 25 and try and get him while picking up potentially a third, 3rd rounder or a 4th. If not hopefully Merling or Harvey falls to us but I dunno...

"JerBearLuvsDaVikes" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Stay put.

He'll be ready by camp

;D)
    That's why I put trade down a few spots to like 24 or 25 and try and get him while picking up potentially a third, 3rd rounder or a 4th. If not hopefully Merling or Harvey falls to us but I dunno...
    The way ole Spielman and crew have worked the trades last year and FA this year, we sure are sitting pretty going into this draft.

Some good players available that can help the team and he has the picks to move around to do it.

I wonder what I would find if I searched for some threads back when they hired ole Ricky boy and fired ole Fran "I can't get out of my own way" Foley.
    ;D

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

If Kenny Phillips and Harvey/Merling are all gone by our pick, I think it would be really cool to trade out of this draft completely. I'd say trade our pick for someone's first next year and like a 3rd or fourth rounder. There are going to be a bunch of dominant safeties and defensive tackles at the top of next year's draft, something we are going to really need next year. We also have a second and those 2 thirds that could get us another first rounder for next year. I would love to see the Vikings have 2 (or dare I say 3?) first round
    picks next year..

Other than a quality defensive end, it looks like the FO has already filled out most of the depth chart with free agents.. If we don't need the players this year, why take them? I say screw this draft and stock up for next year's.. How awesome would it be to have 6 or 7 picks in the first three rounds of the draft next year?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast