Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast
    dsharp is offline Training Camp

Re: Should the Vikings Have Drafted Brady Quinn?

"patriothater" wrote:
    You say no now till he starts winning games I say yes we should have. We dont have one good QB Whos to say T Jack is any good I am a die hard Vikes fan but Idont faith in any of our qbs till I see what they can do. They have to prove themselves and T Jack hasent done anything to prove he is a good qb in the NFL yet!
    Quinn hasn't proved anything at the NFL level either.

marcosMN is offline Star Spokesman

Should the Vikings Have Drafted Brady Quinn?
    Psh...

Hell no. Adrian will provide a way bigger offensive spark than Pretty-Boy Quinn would have.

There would have been mass riots and looting if AP was still on the board and we took Brady Queef.
    -Sno

"patriothater" wrote:
    You say no now till he starts winning games I say yes we should have. We dont have one good QB Whos to say T Jack is any good I am a die hard Vikes fan but Idont faith in any of our qbs till I see what they can do. They have to prove themselves and T Jack hasent done anything to prove he is a good qb in the NFL yet!
    I agree with Dsharp - I don't know if TJ is going to be good, or if Quinn is going to be good, but I don't see how bringing in one unproven QB 'solves' our problem at QB - that we don't have a proven guy.
    Seems like that just gives us two unproven QBs.
    The article is correct.
    It's better to have one developmental guy and a stud RB than two developmental guys.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

whether or not Quinn would have been a better pick will depend on the careers of Quinn, Peterson and Jackson.
    We won't know for a few years...

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

Vikes is offline Team Alumni

No way Jose.

The rigors of Spartan life. Leonidas is cast out into the wild, and survives the harsh winter to return to his home, when he is crowned King ....a Viking!

I think so. I think he was a safer pick then AP (injury is one big thing) and more of a need then RB. We got like 4 RBs. (Chester Taylor had a good season with the longest run in Vikes history with 97 yards against the defending NFC champs, Seattle, Moore
    was average and Artose Pinner and Ciatric Fason are also good second strings.

Why not:
    Because it was the smartest move for Childress' job. He invested so much faith in TJack saying he's our future that taking a QB in the first round would contradict that and be bad for his job security. Now if he started winning with him it would be ok BUT a lot of scouts said he'd be a major bust so if Childress would take Quinn then that would show ignorance for trading up to get a projected 4th or 5th round in the second from a division I AA school, TJack. While that hurts his job security what would top it off and definately get him fired right away is if Quinn becomes a bust and we got no one behind center. This way he keeps his job.

I still say if you weren't planning on getting Quinn you should have gotten a veteran in the offseason for 3 to 4 years for TJack to learn behind instead of sending him in prematurely next year
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

"dsharp" wrote:
    "patriothater" wrote:
    '
    Yes but he shows a better transition to the NFLa dn
    TJack has only lost games.
    "Some Coaches pray for wisdom. I pray for 300 lbs. lineman. They give me plenty of wisdom"
    -Chuck Noll

R.I.P. Sean Taylor

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

I say no, we didn't need two inexperienced QBs.
    I'm happy with what we did.

davike is offline Team Alumni

Does it matter now? Lets snap back to reality people, we drafted Peterson...lets not dwell on what we could have or should have done. All we can do now is hope that Jackson turns out to be our guy, and if he isn't we will draft another one. Lets just look to the future boys!!

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "dsharp" wrote:
    "patriothater" wrote:
    '
    Yes but he shows a better transition to the NFLa dn
    TJack has only lost games.
    how does he show better transition to the NFL whats his record as a starter 0-0? TJ already has gotten his feet a little wet by starting 2 games, knows the playbook, has worked with this team for a yeah so he seems to be the one more ready than quinn.

Thanks josdin00

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast