Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 38 of 38
  1. #31
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Should the Vikings go after Orton?

    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087376
    Lets not forget he lead the Bears to the bowl a few years back.. And the stupid move to have Grossman play may have cost em

    He's a good QB.. And id love to have him
    Actually ... Grossman started that entire season.

    As a matter of fact ... Orton was the No. 3 behind Griese that season.

  2. #32
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Should the Vikings go after Orton?

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087378
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087376
    Lets not forget he lead the Bears to the bowl a few years back.. And the stupid move to have Grossman play may have cost em

    He's a good QB.. And id love to have him
    Actually ... Grossman started that entire season.

    As a matter of fact ... Orton was the No. 3 behind Griese that season.

    Hmm I swear I remembered him starting a few regular season games.. And the playoffs until Lovie went back to Rex in the bowl

    I must be too drunk..

  3. #33
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Should the Vikings go after Orton?

    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087380
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087378
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087376
    Lets not forget he lead the Bears to the bowl a few years back.. And the stupid move to have Grossman play may have cost em

    He's a good QB.. And id love to have him
    Actually ... Grossman started that entire season.

    As a matter of fact ... Orton was the No. 3 behind Griese that season.

    Hmm I swear I remembered him starting a few regular season games.. And the playoffs until Lovie went back to Rex in the bowl

    I must be too drunk..
    Not surprising ... but I no what you are thinking.

    In 2005 Orton started 15 games and went 10-5 ... helping lead the Bears to a bye in the first round of the playoffs. He was the starter because Grossman was nursing a serious injury.

    Grossman came back late in the season ... and was given the start in the playoffs against the Panthers. A 29-21 loss.

  4. #34
    dfosterf's Avatar
    dfosterf is offline Coach
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    987

    Re: Should the Vikings go after Orton?

    Did you guys see this article over at NFL.com?

    It gives you a "feel" for some of the thinking about who will be available and the "costs" possibly to acquire...

    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81d9db6d/article/with-several-teams-in-need-slim-qb-market-could-be-competitive?module=HP_cp2

  5. #35
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Should the Vikings go after Orton?

    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087385
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087380
    Quote Originally Posted by "midgensa" #1087378
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1087376
    Lets not forget he lead the Bears to the bowl a few years back.. And the stupid move to have Grossman play may have cost em

    He's a good QB.. And id love to have him
    Actually ... Grossman started that entire season.

    As a matter of fact ... Orton was the No. 3 behind Griese that season.

    Hmm I swear I remembered him starting a few regular season games.. And the playoffs until Lovie went back to Rex in the bowl

    I must be too drunk..
    Not surprising ... but I no what you are thinking.

    In 2005 Orton started 15 games and went 10-5 ... helping lead the Bears to a bye in the first round of the playoffs. He was the starter because Grossman was nursing a serious injury.

    Grossman came back late in the season ... and was given the start in the playoffs against the Panthers. A 29-21 loss.

    You know*

    And yes there we go.. It's all coming back to me now

  6. #36
    Mpalac4 is offline Training Camp
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    20

    TRADE FOR KYLE ORTON!

    With all the names being tossed around with who can come in and be the vikings Quarterback next year I am surprised that more people aren't pushing for Kyle Orton. The Vikings are in the unfortunate spot of not only needing a quarterback now but also needing one for the future. Getting guys like Donovan McNabb will only leave us in the same situation in years to come, and Kolb is COMPLETELY unproven. In his 4 year career he has thrown more interceptions than Touchdowns and has a QB rating of 73.2... Numbers aside he hasn't looked like the stud QB everyone makes him out to be either. Of the guys that are draftable this year the only guy I would even think of touching is Ryan Mallett. However, with him there is still going to be a huge learning curve and we have a team built to win NOW.

    Kyle Orton is a great quarterback. He was benched in Chicago because they were morons and hoped to start Rex Grossman over him since they invested so much in him. All Orton did for they was win them games and get them into the playoffs... Just in time for Rex to screw it all up. Then in Denver he took control of the team immediately and won their first 8 games before the whole McDaniels/Brandon Marshall saga ruined chemistry. Then this year all he did was throw for 3,653 yards and 20 touchdowns in only 13 games because of Tim Tebow. Oh, and he only threw 9 interceptions with not half the caliber recievers the Vikings have. Even in Chicago he only had Rashied Davis and Marty Booker to work with.

    With Orton to receive $9 million dollars next season just to be the broncos backup you would have to believe that Denver would be open to a trade. Of the options available Orton is the only one that could be both the short term and long term solution. But most importantly HE IS A PROVEN WINNER. The guy is unselfish, smart, and is a leader. If we got Orton the NFC North would be a toss up next year again. but if we could have just watched the most talent i've seen come through the vikings in a long time go to waste.

    Plus with hopefully a new outdoor stadium on the way we need a QB that can grow some serious facial hair to stay warm.
    None

  7. #37
    keystonevike is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    294

    Re: Should the Vikings go after Orton?

    Depending on what vet QBs will be available, Orton might be a solid QB for us while we groom Webb/draft pick.

  8. #38
    midgensa's Avatar
    midgensa is offline Jersey Retired Free Kick Specialist 3 Champion
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,304

    Re: Should the Vikings go after Orton?

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6154904

    Looks like Orton is off the books.

    Of course they could just be trying to up his trade value.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. Should the Vikings go after Orton?
    By Randy Moss in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-04-2011, 04:21 PM
  2. Bears QB Kyle Orton confounds Minnesota Vikings
    By Vikes in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 10-21-2008, 08:19 PM
  3. Bears to start Orton ahead of Griese against Vikings
    By NodakPaul in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 12-11-2007, 04:17 PM
  4. The Greg Orton watch
    By OchoCinco in forum College Ball
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-29-2007, 07:52 PM
  5. Orton not very worried about Lions
    By TATEone in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2005, 09:26 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •