Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Should the Vikes trade BMac to the Eagles for Lito Sheppard?

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    Still pimpin' this deal...
    You really think McCauley deserves to play in maybe 5 snaps a game as a dime? Or Griffin?

We did fine with those 2 as starters now you want to demote one of them to Charles Gordon's role and leave him off the team?

It's not worth giving up a key part of our o-line for what would be a luxury.
    Although I think they both have great potential LS is more proven.
    Remember our secondary was rated 32 out of 32 teams last year.
    I do know a lot has to do with pressuring the QB and that should be taken care of now that they have Allen but if there's a chance to get a probowl DB along side AW and have Sharper and Williams as Safeties, I would do it in a heartbeat.

Has anyone heard if they are willing to part for draft picks?
    I mean, we are probably going to pick up a corner at some point in the draft this year anyway.
    What about a package of 1 pick this year, one next?
    I am one of the people that we came out ahead on the JA deal, so why not spend one more draft pick this year that was going to be devoted to a corner anyway?

As to the subject line of this topic... NO.
    BMac is good tackle, even if there are some haters out there.
    He is too good to just get rid of and try to plug some new dude in.
    Him a& Hutch have 2 years of gelling at a position that REQUIRES cohesiveness.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

i had heard they were entertaining talks with someone, but i can't remember what picks were involved.
    For some reason a 2nd rings a bell, but i could be crazy.

If we traded our 2nd round pick, we'd have no picks in the first 3 rounds, But again, we'd get two pro-bowl players out of it, and its HIGHLY unlikely we'd get two pro bowl players right away in the draft.
    But there are more pressing needs, like an OT

Braddock is offline Hall of Famer

This deal would again focus on our defense while
    degrading our offense. Our defense wasn't the problem last year, the offense was. I'm all for making our D the best it can be, but we've already given up several high picks this year... we don't need to start throwing away some of our cornerstone guys on offense. (even though he will be suspended most definitely)
    Trying to bring rationale to an irrational site

Blog Entries

IF, we get a guy and he looks really good this year, then i'd be all for trading BMac next year, but now i don't think we can risk losing him without a proven repplacement.

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

I think we actually have a great amount of talent in our secondary.

Unfortunately they get a bad rap because of the lack of a pass rush.

But look at our starters:

Antoine Winfield: Great corner, he was excellent in coverage and even better as a tackler.

Darren Sharper: He's a brilliant guy on the field. He still has very good speed, and the best hands of any safety I've ever seen. Remember his pick on Brady in 2006?

Madieu Williams: Obviously just acquired, but was a very good all around safety with Cincinnati. I think he'll hold it down at safety for sure.

All three of these guys were good starters on other teams before coming to Minnesota, so it's not like we drafted them and just
    committed, they're very good players. The Allen pickup should boost these guys' numbers a bit.

Cedric Griffin: 2nd round pick in 2006. I think he's a lot better than many people give him credit for, he's a big corner, a sure tackler when he wraps up, he made some very nice plays last year, long arms to knock balls down. He just needs to refine his game a little bit and he'll be awesome.

Marcus McCauley: Probably the second best athlete on the team behind Peterson, tall, fast, also a good tackler, he's another guy who if he refines his game a little bit he'll play really well. Also, he was a rookie last year, so any fuck ups he had were excusable.

The last two are young guys who can really go out and prove a lot this year. They have some more leeway now since we have a pass rush, so I predict much better seasons from both of them.

Blog Entries

Although I know they're young, i'm still skeptical about Griffin + McCauley.
    I think McCauley will be pretty good this season, but Griffin needs to pull his head out of his ass and play some football.
    I remember a few games where the commentators specifically commented on how Griffin played "Lazy football"
    Which really has nothing to do with ability, and everything to do with effort and enthusiasm.
    I think if he really gave it 100% each play he'd be a pretty good corner, but untill then, he'll keep giving up more big plays than we'd like to see.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678