Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 160
  1. #21
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

    Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

    I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

    I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.
    You knew it was in the back of my mind that this would coome up that is why I put in the comment that I bolded.
    ;D

    He played all 16 games this year in a offense that was pass happy and he still didn't put up significant numbers.
    Even though I agree with you to a point, I still stick with the Pats as a example of him being a bit overated.

    If he was open he would have got the ball more.

    By the way, I watched almost every Pats game that wasn't on during a Vikes game.
    Brady had all day in the pocket and could have thrown to any of his recievers if they were open.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #22
    tastywaves's Avatar
    tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,869

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

    Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

    I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

    I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.
    You knew it was in the back of my mind that this would coome up that is why I put in the comment that I bolded.
    ;D

    He played all 16 games this year in a offense that was pass happy and he still didn't put up significant numbers.
    Even though I agree with you to a point, I still stick with the Pats as a example of him being a bit overated.

    If he was open he would have got the ball more.

    By the way, I watched almost every Pats game that wasn't on during a Vikes game.
    Brady had all day in the pocket and could have thrown to any of his recievers if they were open.
    Good point Marrdro, Brady had more than enough time and opportunity in his 50 attempts per game to throw to the person that he wanted.
    Turns out it was mostly Moss and Welker, that tells me that Stallworth either wasn't open or Brady didn't have the confidence in him...

    I did not watch many Patriots games, the cutoff grey hoodie on Bellicheat is just too much ego and arrogance for me, but Stallworth should have had opportunities to make stats if he was playing.

    This is more than likely the type of player we will get if any in FA.
    Underperformed lately or overshadowed by other receivers, potential for #1, nice contract boost to come to MN......

  3. #23
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

    Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

    I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

    I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.
    You knew it was in the back of my mind that this would coome up that is why I put in the comment that I bolded.

    ;D

    He played all 16 games this year in a offense that was pass happy and he still didn't put up significant numbers.

    Even though I agree with you to a point, I still stick with the Pats as a example of him being a bit overated.

    If he was open he would have got the ball more.

    By the way, I watched almost every Pats game that wasn't on during a Vikes game.
    Brady had all day in the pocket and could have thrown to any of his recievers if they were open.
    Good point Marrdro, Brady had more than enough time and opportunity in his 50 attempts per game to throw to the person that he wanted.
    Turns out it was mostly Moss and Welker, that tells me that Stallworth either wasn't open or Brady didn't have the confidence in him...

    I did not watch many Patriots games, the cutoff grey hoodie on Bellicheat is just too much ego and arrogance for me, but Stallworth should have had opportunities to make stats if he was playing.

    This is more than likely the type of player we will get if any in FA.
    Underperformed lately or overshadowed by other receivers, potential for #1, nice contract boost to come to MN......
    Damn you Marrdro.
    That is a good point about the time Brady had so I can't argue that.
    He definately had time to get open.
    However I still would look at his year in Philly where he was the main guy and did pretty well.
    Damn you!!!!

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=41330.msg704610#msg704610 date=1199897384]
    Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

    Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

    I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

    I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.
    You knew it was in the back of my mind that this would coome up that is why I put in the comment that I bolded.

    ;D

    He played all 16 games this year in a offense that was pass happy and he still didn't put up significant numbers.

    Even though I agree with you to a point, I still stick with the Pats as a example of him being a bit overated.

    If he was open he would have got the ball more.

    By the way, I watched almost every Pats game that wasn't on during a Vikes game.
    Brady had all day in the pocket and could have thrown to any of his recievers if they were open.
    Good point Marrdro, Brady had more than enough time and opportunity in his 50 attempts per game to throw to the person that he wanted.
    Turns out it was mostly Moss and Welker, that tells me that Stallworth either wasn't open or Brady didn't have the confidence in him...

    I did not watch many Patriots games, the cutoff grey hoodie on Bellicheat is just too much ego and arrogance for me, but Stallworth should have had opportunities to make stats if he was playing.

    This is more than likely the type of player we will get if any in FA.
    Underperformed lately or overshadowed by other receivers, potential for #1, nice contract boost to come to MN......
    gol 'darnit you Marrdro.
    That is a good point about the time Brady had so I can't argue that.
    He definately had time to get open.
    However I still would look at his year in Philly where he was the main guy and did pretty well.
    gol 'darnit you!!!!
    [/quote]
    Your cracking me up.
    ;D

    I know alot of people think I just make this crap up as I go along but I really don't.


    I love to do alot of research on the game, how alll the teams approach the game, especially the Vikes.

    As to the Pats.
    I only watched them alot this year because of the whole "Undefeated Theme" and I believe they are the model of teams to come.

    Built through the draft.
    Grew the talent they drafted to fit the scheme.
    Resigned the talent that was producing.
    Let the talent go that wasn't.
    Fixed thier holes through FA as applicable.
    Consistency at the top (Includes owner/GM/HC)
    Don't give a damn what the public/press say.

    Sound familiar?

    I would have never thought that a team with that track record would have ever thought about signing Stollworthless.
    Kindof has me scratching my head as to why?
    Insurance in case Moss failed?
    Who knows, it seemed to work for them.

    (Key Note:
    Cajun that isn't Pats love coming out of me by the way.
    I hate them just as much as you
    ;D)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

    Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

    I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

    I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.
    You knew it was in the back of my mind that this would coome up that is why I put in the comment that I bolded.

    ;D

    He played all 16 games this year in a offense that was pass happy and he still didn't put up significant numbers.

    Even though I agree with you to a point, I still stick with the Pats as a example of him being a bit overated.

    If he was open he would have got the ball more.

    By the way, I watched almost every Pats game that wasn't on during a Vikes game.
    Brady had all day in the pocket and could have thrown to any of his recievers if they were open.
    Good point Marrdro, Brady had more than enough time and opportunity in his 50 attempts per game to throw to the person that he wanted.
    Turns out it was mostly Moss and Welker, that tells me that Stallworth either wasn't open or Brady didn't have the confidence in him...

    I did not watch many Patriots games, the cutoff grey hoodie on Bellicheat is just too much ego and arrogance for me, but Stallworth should have had opportunities to make stats if he was playing.

    This is more than likely the type of player we will get if any in FA.
    Underperformed lately or overshadowed by other receivers, potential for #1, nice contract boost to come to MN......
    Thanks my friend.
    I sure hop the don't.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=41330.msg704614#msg704614 date=1199897856]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=41330.msg704610#msg704610 date=1199897384]
    Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

    Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

    I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

    I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.
    You knew it was in the back of my mind that this would coome up that is why I put in the comment that I bolded.

    ;D

    He played all 16 games this year in a offense that was pass happy and he still didn't put up significant numbers.

    Even though I agree with you to a point, I still stick with the Pats as a example of him being a bit overated.

    If he was open he would have got the ball more.

    By the way, I watched almost every Pats game that wasn't on during a Vikes game.
    Brady had all day in the pocket and could have thrown to any of his recievers if they were open.
    Good point Marrdro, Brady had more than enough time and opportunity in his 50 attempts per game to throw to the person that he wanted.
    Turns out it was mostly Moss and Welker, that tells me that Stallworth either wasn't open or Brady didn't have the confidence in him...

    I did not watch many Patriots games, the cutoff grey hoodie on Bellicheat is just too much ego and arrogance for me, but Stallworth should have had opportunities to make stats if he was playing.

    This is more than likely the type of player we will get if any in FA.
    Underperformed lately or overshadowed by other receivers, potential for #1, nice contract boost to come to MN......
    gol 'darnit you Marrdro.
    That is a good point about the time Brady had so I can't argue that.
    He definately had time to get open.
    However I still would look at his year in Philly where he was the main guy and did pretty well.
    gol 'darnit you!!!!
    [/quote]
    Your cracking me up.

    ;D

    I know alot of people think I just make this crap up as I go along but I really don't.


    I love to do alot of research on the game, how alll the teams approach the game, especially the Vikes.

    As to the Pats.
    I only watched them alot this year because of the whole "Undefeated Theme" and I believe they are the model of teams to come.

    Built through the draft.
    Grew the talent they drafted to fit the scheme.
    Resigned the talent that was producing.
    Let the talent go that wasn't.
    Fixed thier holes through FA as applicable.
    Consistency at the top (Includes owner/GM/HC)
    Don't give a damn what the public/press say.

    Sound familiar?

    I would have never thought that a team with that track record would have ever thought about signing Stollworthless.
    Kindof has me scratching my head as to why?
    Insurance in case Moss failed?
    Who knows, it seemed to work for them.

    (Key Note:
    Cajun that isn't Pats love coming out of me by the way.
    I hate them just as much as you
    ;D)
    [/quote]

    I know you don't make crap up (well now that I think about it you kind of do sometimes to stir conversation).
    However, in this case I agreed with you regarding Stallworth for the most part.
    I'm not trying to say he's the greatest ever or will make the HOF.
    I am saying he can be a solid #1 WR given the right scenerio for him.
    He did well in that role in Philly which leads me to believe he would do well in MN.
    You are so right about him in NE though so I will admit defeat in that aspect of this thread.
    See, that was one time where you could have pulled the bullshit card out on me and you would have been correct in doing so.

  7. #27
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "ejmat" wrote:
    See, that was one time where you could have pulled the kaka del rio card out on me and you would have been correct in doing so.
    The New Marrdro would do no such thing my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #28
    gtinker63 is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    61

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "tastywaves" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=41330.msg704614#msg704614 date=1199897856]
    [quote author=ejmat link=topic=41330.msg704610#msg704610 date=1199897384]
    Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

    Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

    I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

    I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.
    You knew it was in the back of my mind that this would coome up that is why I put in the comment that I bolded.

    ;D

    He played all 16 games this year in a offense that was pass happy and he still didn't put up significant numbers.

    Even though I agree with you to a point, I still stick with the Pats as a example of him being a bit overated.

    If he was open he would have got the ball more.

    By the way, I watched almost every Pats game that wasn't on during a Vikes game.
    Brady had all day in the pocket and could have thrown to any of his recievers if they were open.
    Good point Marrdro, Brady had more than enough time and opportunity in his 50 attempts per game to throw to the person that he wanted.
    Turns out it was mostly Moss and Welker, that tells me that Stallworth either wasn't open or Brady didn't have the confidence in him...

    I did not watch many Patriots games, the cutoff grey hoodie on Bellicheat is just too much ego and arrogance for me, but Stallworth should have had opportunities to make stats if he was playing.

    This is more than likely the type of player we will get if any in FA.
    Underperformed lately or overshadowed by other receivers, potential for #1, nice contract boost to come to MN......
    gol 'darnit you Marrdro.
    That is a good point about the time Brady had so I can't argue that.
    He definately had time to get open.
    However I still would look at his year in Philly where he was the main guy and did pretty well.
    gol 'darnit you!!!!
    [/quote]
    Your cracking me up.

    ;D

    I know alot of people think I just make this crap up as I go along but I really don't.


    I love to do alot of research on the game, how alll the teams approach the game, especially the Vikes.

    As to the Pats.
    I only watched them alot this year because of the whole "Undefeated Theme" and I believe they are the model of teams to come.

    Built through the draft.
    Grew the talent they drafted to fit the scheme.
    Resigned the talent that was producing.
    Let the talent go that wasn't.
    Fixed thier holes through FA as applicable.
    Consistency at the top (Includes owner/GM/HC)
    Don't give a gol 'darnit what the public/press say.

    Sound familiar?

    I would have never thought that a team with that track record would have ever thought about signing Stollworthless.
    Kindof has me scratching my head as to why?
    Insurance in case Moss failed?
    Who knows, it seemed to work for them.

    (Key Note:
    Cajun that isn't Pats love coming out of me by the way.
    I hate them just as much as you
    ;D)
    [/quote]


    A few things here with Stallworth.

    1- He has been in the NFL Substance Abuse program and would face suspensions if caught again.
    Last time the Vikes offered a troubled WR the #1 role look what happened.

    2- Donte's agent is Drew Rosenhaus.
    He is the agent.
    Drew has a history of getting the top dollar for his clients.
    Stallworth will be a very pricy WR.
    3- Like Marrdro has stated.
    Stallworth had Brady toss the rock this season and look at his stats.
    He also had arguably the #1 WR in the league (Moss) and #1 possesion WR (Welker) on the filed with him.
    Therefore, Stallworth probably saw many single coverages with nickle/dime DBs.
    He didn't produce in NE.
    Also, toward the end of the season Jabar Gaffney was starting to get more looks than Stallworth did.


    Stallworth is a #2 Speed WR.
    He is not a #1 WR but will cost #1 WR money.
    The Vikings need to look at Johnson or someone else that can run routes along with speed.
    Rice looks like he can be a good WR in years to come.
    Add another Rice type WR with Bobby Wade and Allison and you could be looking at the best WR core the Vikings have had since Moss, Carter, and Reed.

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "gtinker63" wrote:
    A few things here with Stallworth.

    1- He has been in the NFL Substance Abuse program and would face suspensions if caught again.
    Last time the Vikes offered a troubled WR the #1 role look what happened.

    2- Donte's agent is Drew Rosenhaus.
    He is the agent.
    Drew has a history of getting the top dollar for his clients.
    Stallworth will be a very pricy WR.
    3- Like Marrdro has stated.
    Stallworth had Brady toss the rock this season and look at his stats.
    He also had arguably the #1 WR in the league (Moss) and #1 possesion WR (Welker) on the filed with him.
    Therefore, Stallworth probably saw many single coverages with nickle/dime DBs.
    He didn't produce in NE.
    Also, toward the end of the season Jabar Gaffney was starting to get more looks than Stallworth did.


    Stallworth is a #2 Speed WR.
    He is not a #1 WR but will cost #1 WR money.

    The Vikings need to look at Johnson or someone else that can run routes along with speed.
    Rice looks like he can be a good WR in years to come.
    Add another Rice type WR with Bobby Wade and Allison and you could be looking at the best WR core the Vikings have had since Moss, Carter, and Reed.
    You made better points than I did my friend. If I wasn't already on the side of "Lets not get him" I would be now.

    Great job.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "gtinker63" wrote:
    A few things here with Stallworth.

    1- He has been in the NFL Substance Abuse program and would face suspensions if caught again.
    Last time the Vikes offered a troubled WR the #1 role look what happened.

    2- Donte's agent is Drew Rosenhaus.
    He is the agent.
    Drew has a history of getting the top dollar for his clients.
    Stallworth will be a very pricy WR.
    3- Like Marrdro has stated.
    Stallworth had Brady toss the rock this season and look at his stats.
    He also had arguably the #1 WR in the league (Moss) and #1 possesion WR (Welker) on the filed with him.
    Therefore, Stallworth probably saw many single coverages with nickle/dime DBs.
    He didn't produce in NE.
    Also, toward the end of the season Jabar Gaffney was starting to get more looks than Stallworth did.


    Stallworth is a #2 Speed WR.
    He is not a #1 WR but will cost #1 WR money.

    The Vikings need to look at Johnson or someone else that can run routes along with speed.
    Rice looks like he can be a good WR in years to come.
    Add another Rice type WR with Bobby Wade and Allison and you could be looking at the best WR core the Vikings have had since Moss, Carter, and Reed.
    You made better points than I did my friend. If I wasn't already on the side of "Lets not get him" I would be now.

    Great job.

    ;D
    I cave already.
    I cave!!!!!!
    Seriously, we all have opinions about each player and how they can help or not.
    I think he is a decent WR and more proven than what we have now.
    Great points regarding his season in NE and his history of substance abuse.
    Being from the same school as SOD Onterrio Smith should raise a red flag.
    I too don't like the idea of the team dealing with Rosendick and that could be an issue of salary.
    However, if (Big IF) he doesn't require a bunch of money there would be nothing wrong with bringing him in.
    With everything said in the post, I wouldn't mind them going after Chad Jackson if they were to go after anyone from NE.
    However, I don't think Bellyfat would be willing to deal with Childress after signing Mills from his practice squad.
    Just a thought.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Donte Stallworth working out for the Lions
    By Tad7 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM
  2. Could Donte Stallworth be a Viking?
    By PurpleHornsOfDestruction in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 76
    Last Post: 03-05-2007, 09:16 PM
  3. MOVED: Donte Stallworth a Viking?
    By Ltrey33 in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 06:57 PM
  4. MOVED: Donte Stallworth a Viking?
    By shockzilla in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 06:46 PM
  5. MOVED: Donte Stallworth a Viking?
    By Ltrey33 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-20-2007, 06:43 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •