Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast

Re: Should the Vikes get Donte Stallworth?

Also, An interesting fact arises in that Nevada County is next door to where Donte and Onterrio grew up. Nevead County is also one of the largest marijuana producing areas in the country. Rickey Williams came here to study yoga and partake of the local "delicacies", anyway, not saying anything about Stallworth, just speculating, ;D Does he too, Love The Lettuce?
    Tuco the world.....

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    IMO, Stallworth isn't worth a large contract and to be honest isn't anywhere near a legit #1 reciever in this league, I don't even know if I would consider him a strong #2. His game revolves completely around speed, his routes are not crisp or especially clean. Get him in a three wide set and let him stretch the field a bit and he becomes effective. Plus he hasn't been especially durable over the span of his career, dating all the way back to Tennessee.

Not saying he won't help a team but cost vs benefit says he is an overpriced WR, he struggled in reciever starved New Orleans whom had a very effective running game and a QB similar to TJ in Brooks.

Bryant Johnson of ARZ might be a better investment overall than Stallworth, IMO, that is unless he comes in with a cap friendly low risk deal.

I agree....I think Bryant Johnson is just itching to get out of ARIZONA and out of the shadow of Bolden and Fitzgerald too. This guy has a lot of potential to show he's a true number 1 WR. I believe he just needs the oportunity to shine and he will make the most of it.

Cheers!
    Depending on a 30 catch WR to be our #1 is what we did last year.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Frostbite is offline Coach

"V" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:
    IMO, Stallworth isn't worth a large contract and to be honest isn't anywhere near a legit #1 reciever in this league, I don't even know if I would consider him a strong #2. His game revolves completely around speed, his routes are not crisp or especially clean. Get him in a three wide set and let him stretch the field a bit and he becomes effective. Plus he hasn't been especially durable over the span of his career, dating all the way back to Tennessee.

Not saying he won't help a team but cost vs benefit says he is an overpriced WR, he struggled in reciever starved New Orleans whom had a very effective running game and a QB similar to TJ in Brooks.

Bryant Johnson of ARZ might be a better investment overall than Stallworth, IMO, that is unless he comes in with a cap friendly low risk deal.

I agree....I think Bryant Johnson is just itching to get out of ARIZONA and out of the shadow of Bolden and Fitzgerald too. This guy has a lot of potential to show he's a true number 1 WR. I believe he just needs the oportunity to shine and he will make the most of it.

Cheers!

True....That's a good point V...but I still have to wonder if that is due to playing on the same team as Bolden and Fitz...I agree it's a risk...but I think it's worth considering for the right deal.

Cheers!
    Where is Frostbite Falls Minnesota?

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Frostbite" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Cheers!
    I think he is a very intersting prospect as well.
    I was did some research on him last week.
    The bottom two articles were a couple that I found some negative stuff on him from.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=1521
    http://www2.sportsnet.ca/football/nf...ryant_Johnson/
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200.../25/cardinals/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Either Stallworth or Johnson would be a good pick up for the Vikings.
    Either way it improves the position.
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"ejmat" wrote:
    I do have to agree with Pack here in that I'm not so sure Stallworth is worth a tremendous amount of money due to his background of injuries.
    I wanted him before he went to Phily as well and he seemed to do well there when he was the main WR.
    Honestly I think we would do better with Johnson if I had the choice but wouldn't cry if we got Stallworth.
    I still think Stallworth is a bit over rated.

Take a look at his game log from this year.
    Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.
    Guess my point is Brady will get the ball to anybody that was open.
    It appears he wasn't always the guy that got open.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/player...?playerId=3541
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

"V" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Cheers!
    I don't think we need a true #1 type WR. We don't need the Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald. Would it be nice to have someone like them? Absolutely. But, I think we just need another solid WR to go along with young Rice and Allison. Add to that Wade and Ferguson and I think our offense, depending on the QB, would be pretty pretty nice.

"There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

Although there are a few good efforts in there I just don't think he is a guy we want to put up as our "Sure Fire" "Go to" guy next year.

I am sure there will be the crowd that comes with "there weren't enough balls to go around" theory but Welker seemed to get his as well as Moss.

He is a bit over-rated

He is a good number 2.. And wants number 1 money

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:

I really wouldn't use this year as a guide for Stallworth.
    We all know the Pats are stacked so I would be more inclined to compare what he did with Philly as they were in a similar situation then as we are now as far as WRs are concerned.
    Welker getting his share is exactly the reason I make this argument.
    Welker was more of an underneath guy and more of a possession type WR.
    With the "shoot" type offense the Pats used normally you look to your #1 WR and if he's not open you don't have a lot of time to look for another WR going deep.
    Therefore, the WR underneath would tend to get the rock thrown more his way.

I'm not saying you are wrong about Stallworth.
    I think you are right on by saying he is over-rated.
    All I'm saying is that he would do better under a certain circumstance than another.
    In this scenerio, I think he would do pretty well as long as he could stay healthy.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"happy" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Frostbite" wrote:
    "pack93z" wrote:

Cheers!
    I don't think we need a true #1 type WR. We don't need the Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison, Chad Johnson, or Larry Fitzgerald. Would it be nice to have someone like them? Absolutely. But, I think we just need another solid WR to go along with young Rice and Allison. Add to that Wade and Ferguson and I think our offense, depending on the QB, would be pretty pretty nice.

Agreed Happy, if you can land a true #1 that would be great.
    Reality is that it probably won't happen.
    Getting a solid WR in FA whether it be Walker, Stallworth, Johnson, Jackson... would be a nice upgrade to our receiving corpse and should add some confidence with the QB.
    I think Rice does have good potential, Wade is a proven slot guy, Ferguson gives good depth and Allison shows promise.
    I would like to see a guy come in that TJ (or whoever are starter will be) can count on when he needs to make a play.
    Also, someone that draws a little more respect from defenses.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 12 ... LastLast