Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

Re: Stallworth To Be Cut

"VKG4LFE" wrote:
    Yeah, I don't know about Wade though. He was okay just nothing spectacular.
    Allison could be our #3 as well.

I thought Wade was a pretty reliable guy... but you're right, nothing spectacular.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Yeah he was pretty solid, no big time plays though. I don't know the stats, but I don't know if he caught a pass that was thrown 20 yards in the air all year, but then again we probably only had about 15 of those all year!! lol

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

happy camper is offline Team Alumni

Wade was never brought in to be a #1 type WR. He is a role player and his role is #3 slot WR.
    "There is good and there is evil. And evil must be punished. Even in the face of Armageddon I will not compromise."

VKG4LFE is offline Jersey Retired Tetris Champion, Monkey GO Happy 4 Champion

Oh yeah I know, but even the #3 will have a big game every now and then. I know he had a couple of games were he maybe had about six catches or so, but nothing memorable.

I get the most pissed off looks from people with my VKG 4 LFE Wisconsin license plate, and I LOVE IT!!

cogitans is offline Jersey Retired

I don't know. I think the best thing you can say about him this season is that he didn't get injured.

I'd rather have Hackett, or Berrian, or even Johnson from Cards. But he might be an alternative.

Thanks to PPE for the sig.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

just stallworth alone isnt going to upgrade our WR corp enough..we need to get 2 guys in FA, any combination of hackett, berrian, stallworth, johnson..put 2 of those guys with sidney rice, and youve got a real good triple threat that can strike in any area of the field
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    im tired of all these threads coming up and people typing alot bout getting someone, so from now on im just gonna say yes or no for all these threads.

no
    Ahhhh my friend.
    You must realize that there are gonna be hundreds of these over the next few months.

Some of the guys will be viable assets that the team should go after and others will be crap, however, someone will want them no matter what.

Just roll with it and either ignore them or post smart ass comments in them.
    My favorite one to use is....

"What is his Madden Rating".

Gets people steamed sometimes so I don't use it much anymore but I did have fun with it last year a bit.

JK about the bolded part.
    I am not encouraging you to post smart asses comments on this site.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Of all three, if you look at numbers alone, I would take Berrian in a minute.
    If you throw in thier style of play and thier fit in our system they all seem to fit what we need with Berrian being more of a deep threat.

All seem to have a problem staying healthy and makes me wonder if they can stand up to the abuse they will have to endure blocking for our backs down field as well as catching passes in traffic were they are gonna get hit by a safety coming up all the time.

I guess I wouldn't beeeyyatch to much if we got any one of them but would probably have to tip my hat, based on what I can see in their stats towards:

Berrian first, Hackett second and Stallworth third.
    Yards per Catch
    16 D. Stallworth WR, NWE 46 697 15.2 43.6 69 3 YPC
    37 B. Berrian WR, CHI 71 951 13.4 59.4 59 5
    Hackett wasn't in the top 40.

Catches
    26 B. Berrian WR, CHI 71 951 13.4 59.4 59 5
    Stallworth and Berrian didn't even get into the top 40.

TD's
    B. Berrian WR, CHI 71 951 13.4 59.4 59 5
    Hackett and Stallworth didn't get into the top 40.

Stallworth
    Although he isn't a scoring machine his number has been good most of his career.
    He has played 16 games 3 out of 6 seasons and is only in his 6th season which leads me to believe he has a couple of more years in him.

Although I am not overly joyed about some of his antics, I wouldn't be to pissed if they brought him in.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/donte'stallworth/careerstats?id=STA280100

Hackett
    Hard guy to gauge.
    He has only been in the league 3 years and hasn't completed a full season yet. Might be a indicator that he wouldn't stay healthy in this system either were WR are required to get physical/block downfield for runners.

He has all the attributes to play in the WCO system and I wouldn't be unhappy if they signed him but his health issues concern me a bit.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/d.j.hacke...s?id=HAC504279

Berrian
    Here is another guy that has only made it through 2 of 4 season playing all games.
    He seems to get better every year and would fit the scheme pretty decent and would seem to be an ideal fit (11 20Yd+ better plays the last 2 years) for our deep threat guy.

http://www.nfl.com/players/bernardbe...s?id=BER454540

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    I wanted Stall last year but with the market being as void of talent for WRs this year, he will demand big money.

Pros
    Elite speed
    Solid route running
    Good hands
    Solid leaping ability

Cons

Nagging Minor Injuries
    Average Leaping abilities
    Will not go up and get the ball
    Body catcher ( I.E.
    Twill)

One more Pro you forgot: He's better than any WR on our current roster...
    I think Rice and Wade are equal to if not better than Stallworth

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Garland" wrote:
    I think he was more of the product of the system than an actual good WR. There are better choices out there
    I would find that hard to believe, since he put up better numbers with both the Eagles and Saints than he did this year with the Patriots.

So this would be his 4th team in 7 seasons? That should tell you something right there. A solid WR that bounces around? If by his own choice or because he was traded. Especially form 2 teams that are hurting at WR Saints (with the exception of Colston) and the Eagles. If they are worth keeping around they will find a way to keep them around. There are better choices than Stallworth. And he is one that I do not believe is better than 2 of the WR we have on our team now, In Wade and Rice.

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast