Thread: Shiancoe Signs

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Re: Shiancoe signs

Hopefully Vinny will be Greenway's replacement.......on special teams

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

"FuadFan" wrote:
    Well Childress and company are keeping their word by going after guys with potential. Ciurciu should end any speculation of getting other LBs since we now have six under contract and Shiancoe is now out of Shockey's shadow to prove what he can do.
    I Think Ciurciu is a straight over replacement for Rod Davis and/or Jason Glenn both wasnt re-signed.. He also played for the Panthers special teams when Paul Ferrero our ST-Coach was the ST-Coach there.. Theres the connection..

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

my question is what Chili dog plans for these guys. Are they just role/backup players or does he think they are starting?

PS Sign Stallworth!

skum is offline Team Alumni
    Blog Entries

I think Shiancoe might start.. Ciurciu is signed for backup/special teams..

--

Speaking of special teams

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBcZuOSqV10

----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

vikings11_27 is offline Pro-Bowler

"skum" wrote:
    Speaking of special teams

LOOK WHAT I FOUND!!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UBcZuOSqV10
    completely unrelated....and i love it....that wasa ridiculous hit...and he definetely is them ost underated corner

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"2beersTommy" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Oh joy...a career backup, what else is new.
    :
    LOL, happy happy..joy joy !!
    Yeah, boy it sure would suck if they performed as well as the last career backup.. you know, Chester Taylor.
    :

Childress saw something in in Shiancoe... and so did other teams.
    I think he will be pretty good.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "2beersTommy" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Oh joy...a career backup, what else is new.
    :
    LOL, happy happy..joy joy !!
    Yeah, boy it sure would suck if they performed as well as the last career backup.. you know, Chester Taylor.
    :

Childress saw something in in Shiancoe... and so did other teams.
    I think he will be pretty good.
    Hell Yeah!!
    Welcome Shiancoe and Ciurciu!!!
    Shiancoe hasn't missed a game in his four years and has played allright in spot duty backing up the big mouth!
    The fact he played in every game and has low stats leaves me thinking he's done some blocking too!
    And VC is here for ST!!
    Not just a backup!!

We totally need to sign some freakin WRs!!
    I'd be sending Travis Taylor and Bethel Johnson offers right now if I was them!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Blog Entries

Anyone know how to pronounce Shiancoe or Ciurciu?
    I can barely spell them. LOL!
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Heres a Bio from the Giants Web Site..

Visanthe Shiancoe #82

Height

6-4

Weight

College Morgan State
    Birthdate

June 18, 1980
    How Acquired
    Draft (3rd Rd., 2003)
    NFL Exp.

4th Year

Transactions: Originally signed as 3rd round (91st pick overall) draft choice by the Giants in 2002.

NFL:
    Physical and athletic tight end who has seen his role increase in each of his 1st 3 seasons…Played in all 48 games in his 1st 3 seasons, with 19 starts.

2005:
    Played in all 16 games with 5 starts and played in the NFC Wild Card Game…Started vs. Arizona (9/11), at San Francisco (11/6), vs. Philadelphia (11/20), at Philadelphia (12/11) and at Oakland (12/31)…Finished the season with 8 catches for 91 yards, with a long reception of 17 yards…Had 1 catch for 4 yards vs. Carolina in NFC Wild Card Game (1/8/06)…Started at tight end in place of Jeremy Shockey who was inactive for the game with an ankle injury, at Oakland (12/31). Had 1 reception for 16 yards…Finished with 3 catches for 40 yards at Washington (12/24). Saw action as the first-team tight end in the 2nd half filling when Shockey was slowed by an ankle injury…Started as the Giants opened the game in a double tight end formation vs. Dallas (12/4). Had 2 receptions for 15 yards…Finished with 1 reception for 5 yards at San Diego (9/25).

2004: Played in 16 games with 7 starts, with most of his playing time coming in the 2-tight end set and special teams...Started at Philadelphia (9/12), vs. Washington (9/19), vs. Cleveland (9/26), at Green Bay (10/3), at Dallas (10/10), vs. Detroit (10/24) and vs. Chicago (11/7)…Finished with 5 receptions for 25 yards and 1 touchdown...Saw action in double tight end formation in the season finale vs. Dallas (1/2) and finished with 2 receptions for 6 yards...Had 1 catch for 5 yards at Minnesota (10/31) and 2 receptions for 14 yards vs. Detroit (10/24).

2003:
    Played in 16 games with 7 starts...Majority of playing time came in the 2-tight end set...Finished with 10 receptions for 56 yards and 2 touchdowns...Started vs. Carolina (12/28) and had 2 catches for 7 yards and a touchdown. Scored on a 1-yard touchdown pass from Jesse Palmer in the 3rd quarter...Started and caught 3 passes for 20 yards at Dallas (12/21)…Started at New Orleans (12/14) and finished with 3 receptions for 19 yards and a touchdown. Scored his 1st career touchdown and the Giants’ only touchdown of the game on a 4-yard reception in the 2nd quarter...Did not have any receptions against Buffalo (11/30) but played in the two-tight end sets in the 2nd half due to injury to Marcellus Rivers...Saw action in double tight end formation against Atlanta (11/9) and finished with 1 reception for 7 yards...Started in the season opener against St. Louis (9/7) when the Giants opened the game in a double tight end formation. Did not have a reception.

College: Played in 30 games at Morgan State and finished with 52 receptions for 1,001 yards (19.3-yard avg.) and 11 touchdowns...Earned All-America Dream Team honors and All-Mid Eastern Athletic Conference 1st-team selection by The NFL Draft Report…Started 9 games, finishing 2nd on the team with 25 catches for 510 yards (20.4-yard avg.) and 5 touchdowns as a senior.

Off The Field: In 2005, Visanthe attended the Giants Draft Day Party and made a financial contribution to Habitat for Humanity International’s Katrina Relief Fund…Has served as a professor in the Giants "Football 101" and "Football 201" events for women....Attended the Giants 2005 Draft Party, greeting fans and signing autographs....Participated in the Giants Player Development's Continuing Education Program.

Personal: Single...Attended Blair (Laurel, Md.) High…All-County performer for the Blazers, competing at wide receiver, quarterback and tight end under head coach James Short...Information Technology major…Nicknamed “Shank”… Born on June 18, 1980…Resides in Laurel, Maryland.

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Blog Entries

"NordicNed" wrote:

Heres a Bio from the Giants Web Site..
    << snip >>
    Personal: Single...Attended Blair (Laurel, Md.) High…All-County performer for the Blazers, competing at wide receiver, quarterback and tight end under head coach James Short...Information Technology major…Nicknamed “Shank”… Born on June 18, 1980…Resides in Laurel, Maryland.
    Thank God he has a nickname!
    I would never get his full name right!
    Zeus wrote:

=Z=

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast