Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Shiancoe Signs

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Shiancoe Signs

Speed is only part of it. does he have the ability to find openings in the defense and capitalize on them? from the scouting report it seems he leaves something to be desired. add to that his production in NY it seems he will be marginal at best.
    hopefully I am wrong.

Re: Shiancoe signs

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Oh joy...a career backup, what else is new.
    :
    yeah, i agree.
    if this is how our free agent pickups are gonna go, what might the draft hold in store for us?! LOL.....YIKES!
    I'm starting to regret taking the day off of work for what might be yet another bad front office viking draft.

Feucht72 is offline Waterboy

Yeah, dont quiet understand what the heck is goin on.
    Atleast most of the vikings fans I know heard of Chester Taylor before he came over to Minnesota.
    I just dont buy the whole "hidden gem" bit.
    The ravens didnt really want to let Taylor go but they new he was gonna cost too much to keep him.
    Shank could've been tendered a 900 G offer and prob would've stayed in NY, but they didnt want him back!
    I'm completely unconvinced that he is gonna make an impact for us.
    If he ends up being an excellent acquisition I will gladly admit my error, but I'm not bettin my farm on his "break out" year.

So now the offense is still a mess, no more play makers and no more on the dockett to visit.
    Not encouraging.
    Get moss back, even at 85% he can still spread the defense and open up runnin lanes and take pressure off of the right side of the line.
    Also becomes a big target for T.
    Jack and makes McMullen or Carter look like Burleson(supposed number 1 material)
    Moss has had a couple rough years and Rob B could definitely get a steal of a contract outa him.

Or we let Moss go to the pack and help a team that is on the rise, improve even more and let us slug it out with detroit for the cellar of the division.
    And with the moves detroit has made so far in FA, number four in the weakest division in the NFL seems like the only goal thats within reach!

jackal is offline Training Camp

Re: Shiancoe signs

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    Oh joy...a career backup, what else is new.
    :
    We dont know that all the giants used him for
    was blocking the guy could be a great pick up
    we have to give him a chance.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

I loved the Chester Taylor signing last year and I am just as stoked with SHANK!!

I've seen some of his play with the Giants.
    He makes smooth catches...good sideline presence etc...check out some of his college highlights:

# Towson State - Snared 5 passes for a season-high 115 yards and a 41-yard score while also catching a two-point conversion.
    # Florida A&M - Had a 73-yard touchdown grab, finishing with 113 yards on 4 receptions.
    # Monmouth - Followed with a two-point conversion pass, a 16-yard scoring reception and 2 catches for 23 yards.
    # North Carolina A&T - Set up a scoring drive with a diving catch for a 75-yard gain.

I'm pretty freakin sure every pass with a chance to go 70+ yds last year was dropped!!
    Oh...?
    D'oh!!!
    >

Pretty much all of the negatives complained about here were before his FOUR years of NFL experience, and very correctable with good coaching!
    Who knows what it was like in NY, but at the very least, he's accrued four years of blocking experience at the next level...and for a team with a pretty darn good running game!!

Somehow,
    I am positive he'll move faster than Wiggins...he's got near a 40" verticle, good hands, and reach!!
    Hell Yeah!!
    Welcome SHANK!!!

He's my sleeper of the year fantasy football fans!

Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I loved the Chester Taylor signing last year and I am just as stoked with SHANK!!

He makes smooth catches...good sideline presence etc...check out some of his college highlights:

# Towson State - Snared 5 passes for a season-high 115 yards and a 41-yard score while also catching a two-point conversion.
    # Florida A&M - Had a 73-yard touchdown grab, finishing with 113 yards on 4 receptions.
    # Monmouth - Followed with a two-point conversion pass, a 16-yard scoring reception and 2 catches for 23 yards.
    # North Carolina A&T - Set up a scoring drive with a diving catch for a 75-yard gain.

I'm pretty freakin sure every pass with a chance to go 70+ yds last year was dropped!!
    Oh...?
    D'oh!!!
    >

Pretty much all of the negatives complained about here were before his FOUR years of NFL experience, and very correctable with good coaching!
    Who knows what it was like in NY, but at the very least, he's accrued four years of blocking experience at the next level...and for a team with a pretty darn good running game!!

Somehow,
    I am positive he'll move faster than Wiggins...he's got near a 40" verticle, good hands, and reach!!
    Hell Yeah!!
    Welcome SHANK!!!

Actually I could care less about his college career and how many bombs he hauled in. In NY he's never come close to proving he's starting material. Even the games Shockey went down he didn't step up.
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

"Purplemania" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Oh...?
    D'oh!!!
    >

Somehow,
    Hell Yeah!!
    Welcome SHANK!!!

Actually I could care less about his college career and how many bombs he hauled in. In NY he's never come close to proving he's starting material. Even the games Shockey went down he didn't step up.
    Why would NY need to have Shiancoe step up when Eli Manning was struggling this year at most times, and Tiki Barber was having a great year?
    It seems they just ran the ball with Barber a few more times, rather than risk Manning throwing more INTs when he threw in the direction of a (less familiar) receiver subbing for Shockey.

His college career is fairly distant, so it provides only a little insight into his capabilities.
    But his recent experience is distorted by playing behind Shockey.
    So, both experience periods need to be considered, with the appropriate subjective weighting to each.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Purplemania is offline Asst. Coach

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Purplemania" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Oh...?
    D'oh!!!
    >

Somehow,
    Hell Yeah!!
    Welcome SHANK!!!

Why would NY need to have Shiancoe step up when Eli Manning was struggling this year at most times, and Tiki Barber was having a great year?
    It seems they just ran the ball with Barber a few more times, rather than risk Manning throwing more INTs when he threw in the direction of a (less familiar) receiver subbing for Shockey.

His college career is fairly distant, so it provides only a little insight into his capabilities.
    But his recent experience is distorted by playing behind Shockey.
    So, both experience periods need to be considered, with the appropriate subjective weighting to each.
    Why would they need him to step p when Eli manning was struggling? lol just listen to that statement agian. I get what you're trying to say, but this guy is not going to make our offense any better then it was last year.

Also, if he couldn't operate with Eli and Barber, how is he going to fare with TJack and Taylor?
    Because I'm a Vikings fan, they are that much sexier.

Jeremy is offline Starter

Another boring sign. I'm sure he'll "produce better" just for the sole fact that he will start. Nothing to get excited about.

Jeremy is offline Starter

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Who threw the ball 75 yards in the air that played for Morgan State? That's an amazing throw.

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Somehow,
    Hell Yeah!!
    Welcome SHANK!!!

Try to stear clear of recievers and tight ends that are catching passes from inexperianced QB's. Just a tip. New QB's tend to put up bad numbers. Few yards and few TD's.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast