Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

[quote="singersp" #1094707]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094598
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094592

The front office pukes have a plan and they don't need Shanc to execute it.
    And what do you think that plan is? Pass on drafting a QB high in hopes of getting McNabb after the draft?

News flash! McNabb isn't a FA & there's no guarantee the Redskins will even trade him, let alone to the Vikings. We aren't the only team looking for a veteran QB.
    I have no idea what the staffs plan is, however, we have discussed several options that they might be thinking about......

1. Take the 12th and 43rd from this draft and trade for Kolb. Of course that can't happen until the CBA thing is straightened out.

2. Trade a later round pick for Dnabb. Again, the CBA thing.

3. Trade a later round pick for Orton. Again.......

4. Package future picks for Kolb. That can only happen after the CBA thing is done.

5. Don't trade for any vet, just pick one at some point. Most on here think that will happen at either 12, 43 or between 12 and 43 if the staff wants to trade into the later part of round 1.

But for this discussion, we are talking about the impact of a guy like Shanc when it comes to a possible trade for a guy like McNabb. My contention is it means squat.

Again, the FO has a plan and they don't need Shanc to execute it.

By the way, the Deadskins are going to move McNabb. It just needs to be determined when but it will be sometime before that bonus is due as the only reason why the extended him was so that they could control were he went to a certain extent as well as recoup a pick or two. Most believe that he can/could be have for a 5th or a 6th round pick.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1094719
    How does a player know he wants to play for a certain organization? Other Vets and the talent on the team.
    That I can agree with, if you mix in the amount the FO Pukes are going to pay.

Lets not forget, our last QB didn't come back just because 3 went to see him alone. The pot was sweetened by 4 more mil before he finally showed.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094722
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094618
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094607
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094600
    Again, got all that and agree. Why wouldn't a Vet TE want a Vet QB instead of a rook. Its football 101.
    Not arguing that. Just saying it means he thinks McNabb is better than Webb, despite what some other people on this site might believe. Vet TE doesn't want a vet QB just because. He wants a good player who will get him the ball. If Webb was that guy, I bet he'd be all for Webb. Unfortunately, he is not.

[Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

Front office pukes add players to teams not players.

Don't get me wrong, a few Vets telling another Vet how good it would be to see him in their uni is a good thing, but in the end, it will be the FO pukes (in this case) giving up the pick and the contract to get Dnabb, not Shanc on some talk show or in some twitter chat thingamajib.
    Yes and no. As of now, any talk of McNabb is pure speculation. Teams can't contact players, we don't know if McNabb will be released, or if he'll be traded or what.

Also, the FO is smart enough to not listen to most of what players say. Washington knows if they dump McNabb, someone else will pick him up. Shank talking to him isn't going to drive up the price. McNabb can still play, there will be teams jumping all over him if he hits the open market.

Besides, if they had an issue about things Shank says, the FO would have told him to shut up by now. The past couple years he's always the one on the NFLN talking about the state of the VIkings.
    No they wouldn't have. They can't talk to the players right now, unless its related to a injury rehab or a rookie coming out of the draft.
    Umm... Shank has been a Viking for more than a couple months. He's been talking for years.
    And one more time, I hear ya about teams wanting Dnabb. My point is that Shanc's little discussion means nothing in the grand scheme of things.....
    And I'm saying they do? No. I'm simply posting a link. Read into it how they are. In fact, if you bothered to read my post, I said Shank talking to him does NOT change how the FO will look at the McNabb situation. If they want him, they'll go after him. If McNabb wants to come here, he will. If not, oh well.
    Except you're wrong! If McNabb says he won't play for the Panthers, they won't trade him there. So if he says he wants to play for Minn, chances are we might be in the running. Kinda like the Houshyahmomma deal. How does a player know he wants to play for a certain organization? Other Vets and the talent on the team.
    My point was that players who AREN"T McNabb traded won't have much of an effect on what happens.

McNabb has 4 years left, the Skins are well within their rights to trade him to the Panthers, and there's likely nothing McNabb can do about it unless there's something included in his contract. (ala Favre and the Jets)[/quote]

If McNabb says I won't play for the Panthers before the trade... what happens? I doubt the Panthers waste a draft pick on the guy. Look how that worked out for the Broncos and Jake the Snake?

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

[quote="Marrdro" #1094725]
    Quote Originally Posted by "singersp" #1094707

And what do you think that plan is? Pass on drafting a QB high in hopes of getting McNabb after the draft?

News flash! McNabb isn't a FA & there's no guarantee the Redskins will even trade him, let alone to the Vikings. We aren't the only team looking for a veteran QB.
    I have no idea what the staffs plan is, however, we have discussed several options that they might be thinking about......

1. Take the 12th and 43rd from this draft and trade for Kolb. Of course that can't happen until the CBA thing is straightened out.

4. Package future picks for Kolb. That can only happen after the CBA thing is done.

5. Don't trade for any vet, just pick one at some point. Most on here think that will happen at either 12, 43 or between 12 and 43 if the staff wants to trade into the later part of round 1.

But for this discussion, we are talking about the impact of a guy like Shanc when it comes to a possible trade for a guy like McNabb. My contention is it means squat.

By the way, the Deadskins are going to move McNabb. It just needs to be determined when but it will be sometime before that bonus is due as the only reason why the extended him was so that they could control were he went to a certain extent as well as recoup a pick or two. Most believe that he can/could be have for a 5th or a 6th round pick.
    Those who fail to get a QB in the draft are likely to find the trading price for any QB quite inflated.

Unless a true stud falls to 12, I think the Vikings plan will be to take Locker at 12, then attempt to get McNabb as his mentor.

Not what I would likely do, but I think the Vikes will.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[quote="jargomcfargo" #1094734]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094725

Those who fail to get a QB in the draft are likely to find the trading price for any QB quite inflated.

Unless a true stud falls to 12, I think the Vikings plan will be to take Locker at 12, then attempt to get McNabb as his mentor.

Not what I would likely do, but I think the Vikes will.
    +1

Once we are forced to start looking for a starter for next season in FA, teams will know the predicament we are in and we will be either forced to way overpay for a worthy vet or settle for either toaster leavings or Webb as our starter.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094726
    How does a player know he wants to play for a certain organization? Other Vets and the talent on the team.
    That I can agree with, if you mix in the amount the FO Pukes are going to pay.

Lets not forget, our last QB didn't come back just because 3 went to see him alone. The pot was sweetened by 4 more mil before he finally showed.
    +1

Plus despite what some want to believe, they didn't go to beg. Favre WAS under contract & they basically went down there to ask him to shit or get off the pot. Was he going to play or not? They wanted an answer either way & would respect the decision either way.

[quote="Marrdro" #1094725]

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about Shiancoe talking to McNabb. Send him to Washington? LOL! AD claimed Wilf treated him like a slave & I don't recall a lot of people wanting to send him packing.

Contrary to belief, Shiancoe wasn't trying to recruit McNabb. It was a couple of buddies talking football over a few drinks.

Neither one has a say or pull as to where McNabb goes. Unless there's a clause in his contract, the Redskins will dictate if they trade him & to whom they trade him.

BTW the lockout ended a few days ago, meaning a trade could have happened prior to the draft. Correct? The Vikings shouldn't be sitting on their hands with that kind of opportunity.

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

[quote="singersp" #1094971]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094725

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about Shiancoe talking to McNabb. Send him to Washington? LOL! AD claimed Wilf treated him like a slave & I don't recall a lot of people wanting to send him packing.

Contrary to belief, Shiancoe wasn't trying to recruit McNabb. It was a couple of buddies talking football over a few drinks.

Neither one has a say or pull as to where McNabb goes. Unless there's a clause in his contract, the Redskins will dictate if they trade him & to whom they trade him.

BTW the lockout ended a few days ago, meaning a trade could have happened prior to the draft. Correct? The Vikings shouldn't be sitting on their hands with that kind of opportunity.
    No he didn't. That is a completely BS statement. His comment was on the league and the way the teams hold the rights to the players. It had nothing to do with the way Wilf treats him personally.

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Here's how the conversations actually went down:

Shiancoe: Man, you're being wasted in Washington....they got squat on that roster...

McNabb: Ummmm hmmmmmm.

Shiancoe: You could come to Minnesota, Bro.

Shiancoe: Me and Percy can catch...

Shiancoe: And Sydney might be talked into coming back...

Shiancoe: And my boy, B Mac...we'll straighten him out....

Shiancoe: What you think?

McNabb: Was it photoshopped?

Shiancoe: What? Was what photoshopped?

McNabb: That cock shot...

Shiancoe: What?!?!? That's all you been thinkin about this whole time?

McNabb: No!!!!

-

-

-

-

McNabb: Well? Was it?

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Still think he ends up in Arizona where he lives to finish out his career.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast