Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 32
  1. #1
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/visanthe-shiancoes-been-talking-to-donovan-mcnabb/2011/04/23/AFvLs6VE_blog.html

    “You know what, as a matter of fact, I seen him[McNabb] out the other day, and we had a little alcohol talk, should I say, a little alcohol talk,” Shiancoe said. “And I told him, ‘Hey, look , you know, Minnesota might be a good fit for you. I think that he would probably agree on that. Who knows if he wants to stay here anymore, right, being in those circumstances? I don’t know if he wants to or not, but I wouldn’t want to stay here. Speaking for myself, I wouldn’t want to stay in this predicament right here.”

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Maybe we should send our mouthpiece to Washington instead. I hear there are a few good TE's projected to go in the later rounds of the draft.

  3. #3
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,854

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Glad someone in on the job. I expect us to draft a back up pass catching TE this draft. We needs one. When Shank went down... all we has was Sauce out there running routes

  4. #4
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,212

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1094495
    Maybe we should send our mouthpiece to Washington instead. I hear there are a few good TE's projected to go in the later rounds of the draft.
    Because he feels McNabb should try to get out of his predicament in Washington or because he thinks McNabb would be a good fit in MN?

    I'm sure there are a lot of players that would agree with him.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

    Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

    Front office pukes add players to teams not players.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094564
    Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

    Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

    Front office pukes add players to teams not players.
    Yeah, because players have NEVER contacted another prospective player to give a good word about the team....:dry:

  7. #7
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094586
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094564
    Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

    Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

    Front office pukes add players to teams not players.
    Yeah, because players have NEVER contacted another prospective player to give a good word about the team....:dry:
    Good word, got it and agree.

    Signed a player? Never.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #8
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094589
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094586
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094564
    Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

    Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

    Front office pukes add players to teams not players.
    Yeah, because players have NEVER contacted another prospective player to give a good word about the team....:dry:
    Good word, got it and agree.

    Signed a player? Never.
    Never said "Shiancoe is trying to sign McNabb", don't think anybody did.

    This just brings up a couple interesting poings:

    1. Shank thinks McNabb is a good fit here, better than Webb to play this year
    2. Shiancoe wants to stick around (his contrac thas to be up fairly soon, no?)

    McNabb at best is a two-year fix. I don't think we have our window of opportunity to win a superbowl like we did in 09, and SHank knows it. I'm betting he hopes at best, we have a miracle run with McNabb and have a shot, or at worst, McNabb come is, plays decently, giving our Rook a chance to sit and learn then step up in a couple years and play at a high level immediately.

  9. #9
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,899

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094592
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094589
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1094586
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094564
    Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

    Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

    Front office pukes add players to teams not players.
    Yeah, because players have NEVER contacted another prospective player to give a good word about the team....:dry:
    Good word, got it and agree.

    Signed a player? Never.
    Never said "Shiancoe is trying to sign McNabb", don't think anybody did.

    This just brings up a couple interesting poings:

    1. Shank thinks McNabb is a good fit here, better than Webb to play this year
    2. Shiancoe wants to stick around (his contrac thas to be up fairly soon, no?)

    McNabb at best is a two-year fix. I don't think we have our window of opportunity to win a superbowl like we did in 09, and SHank knows it. I'm betting he hopes at best, we have a miracle run with McNabb and have a shot, or at worst, McNabb come is, plays decently, giving our Rook a chance to sit and learn then step up in a couple years and play at a high level immediately.
    Again, got all that and agree. Why wouldn't a Vet TE want a Vet QB instead of a rook. Its football 101.

    Not my point, even though you didn't say it, I am.....

    Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

    Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

    Front office pukes add players to teams not players
    .

    The front office pukes have a plan and they don't need Shanc to execute it.

    Don't get me wrong, a few Vets telling another Vet how good it would be to see him in their uni is a good thing, but in the end, it will be the FO pukes (in this case) giving up the pick and the contract to get Dnabb, not Shanc on some talk show or in some twitter chat thingamajib.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,776
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Shiancoe has been talking to mcNabb

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1094598
    Again, got all that and agree. Why wouldn't a Vet TE want a Vet QB instead of a rook. Its football 101.
    Not arguing that. Just saying it means he thinks McNabb is better than Webb, despite what some other people on this site might believe. Vet TE doesn't want a vet QB just because. He wants a good player who will get him the ball. If Webb was that guy, I bet he'd be all for Webb. Unfortunately, he is not.


    [Womp womp womp womp, blah blah blah blah.

    Have I said of late, coaches coach, players play. By the way, there is another aspect to that little cliche'.......

    Front office pukes add players to teams not players.
    The front office pukes have a plan and they don't need Shanc to execute it.

    Don't get me wrong, a few Vets telling another Vet how good it would be to see him in their uni is a good thing, but in the end, it will be the FO pukes (in this case) giving up the pick and the contract to get Dnabb, not Shanc on some talk show or in some twitter chat thingamajib.[/quote]

    Yes and no. As of now, any talk of McNabb is pure speculation. Teams can't contact players, we don't know if McNabb will be released, or if he'll be traded or what.

    Also, the FO is smart enough to not listen to most of what players say. Washington knows if they dump McNabb, someone else will pick him up. Shank talking to him isn't going to drive up the price. McNabb can still play, there will be teams jumping all over him if he hits the open market.

    Besides, if they had an issue about things Shank says, the FO would have told him to shut up by now. The past couple years he's always the one on the NFLN talking about the state of the VIkings.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Shiancoe, Vikings talking contract extension
    By Zeus in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 03:42 PM
  2. Shiancoe 4th Quarter
    By VikingsTw in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-14-2009, 11:35 AM
  3. Replies: 29
    Last Post: 08-08-2007, 07:15 AM
  4. It's time to get to know Shiancoe
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-08-2007, 07:41 PM
  5. Shiancoe Signs
    By PurplePackerEater in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 119
    Last Post: 03-13-2007, 10:33 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •