Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Shaun Rogers walks the plank

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    not a chance we get him... he makes too much.. is inconsistent in his work ethic and we just signed phat pat to a new deal...

i don't see it happening... and there'd be a logjam at DT.... we have more pressing needs....

Although i'd consider sending Miami a 2nd or 3rd rounder for jason Taylor...
    Actually, as of today, he makes $0, since he was cut.

I think the fact that he's a fat out-of-shape tub is more of a reason not to get him.
    Phat Pat is big, for sure, but he can pull it off - Rogers clearly could not.

=Z=
    he was damn sluggish the 2nd half of the season, he should be.

he actually hasn't been cut yet...
    I thought he was their best defensive player in the games against the vikings. He closed 3 or 4 lanes by himself. Very much a Phat Pat type player. Clearly not a need for the vikings but I will be rooting for him to get back in shape and have a big year for whoever.

jkjuggalo is offline Star Spokesman

I'm guessing a team with a poor run defense like the Broncos will pick him up.
    He will have to pass a physical before he can play anywhere, so it is worth a shot to get a two time pro-bowler with years left in him.
    Rock out with your cock out!!!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    O/U 5 posts.

[size=12pt]Lions to part with Rogers[/size]
    Nicholas J. Cotsonika
    January 23, 2008

WE SHOULD SIGN THIS GUY!

=Z=
    (I took the under for $500)
    We won't though since we signed Pat Will to a multi-year extension....and of course K-Will is locked up for......his entire career hopefully.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    not a chance we get him... he makes too much.. is inconsistent in his work ethic and we just signed phat pat to a new deal...

i don't see it happening... and there'd be a logjam at DT.... we have more pressing needs....

Although i'd consider sending Miami a 2nd or 3rd rounder for jason Taylor...
    Actually, as of today, he makes $0, since he was cut.

I think the fact that he's a fat out-of-shape tub is more of a reason not to get him.
    Phat Pat is big, for sure, but he can pull it off - Rogers clearly could not.
    he actually hasn't been cut yet...
    I stand corrected.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

I am a firm believer that you need to address every position every year, or atleast think about it.
    However, that doesn't mean we need to go out and sign another "Fat Guy" at just because he is a good run stuffer.

The right answer is to start plugging in young guys behind or aging vets via the draft so that when guys like Pat leave/get hurt, we have a future.

Shaun would be a great "Quick Fix" if we didn't have Pat but right now we should use our CAP $$$ on a WR, DE and S and probably in that order.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

Truth of the matter is he has not been the same player since being suspended for steroids.
    He no longer is able to get off the ball as quickly and cannot muscle through the double teams like he used to.
    He is still an excellent DT but not a top tier player like he once was.
    I see him going to Denver or Cincinnati as they both have serious issues in the interior of their lines.
    It will be nice to get him out of the division in case he does return to form though.

I would have to think the Lions are pretty disappointed with both of their big money DT's.
    Cory Redding certainly underperformed this year with Rogers getting double teamed all game.
    More bad investments for the Lions = more losing seasons.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"thepacksux" wrote:
    Truth of the matter is he has not been the same player since being suspended for steroids.
    He no longer is able to get off the ball as quickly and cannot muscle through the double teams like he used to.
    He is still an excellent DT but not a top tier player like he once was.
    I see him going to Denver or Cincinnati as they both have serious issues in the interior of their lines.
    It will be nice to get him out of the division in case he does return to form though.

I would have to think the Lions are pretty disappointed with both of their big money DT's.
    Cory Redding certainly underperformed this year with Rogers getting double teamed all game.
    More bad investments for the Lions = more losing seasons.
    Excellent post.
    Your points just hammer home the need to draft and grow your players and quit trying to use the Vet FA period to solve all your positional issues.

Lets hope the staff gets it right when they address the WR, DE and S positions this year when it comes to starters.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]LIONS COACH ROD MARINELLI: Shaun Rogers won't be released[/size]

January 31, 2008

BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
    freep.com

Coach Rod Marinelli says the Lions will not release defensive tackle Shaun Rogers, but has not ruled out the possibility of trading him, according to two local newspaper reports.....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

thepacksux is offline Asst. Coach

"singersp" wrote:
    [size=13pt]LIONS COACH ROD MARINELLI: Shaun Rogers won't be released[/size]

January 31, 2008

BY NICHOLAS J. COTSONIKA

FREE PRESS SPORTS WRITER
    freep.com

Coach Rod Marinelli says the Lions will not release defensive tackle Shaun Rogers, but has not ruled out the possibility of trading him, according to two local newspaper reports.....

Nor should they, they should at least be able to get a second or third for him.
    I dont think he has a huge contract so it wouldn't be hard for them to keep him until they get the right offer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12