Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: SharperImage speaks his mind on FA's

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Umm, well, Chilly said in the latest article that they are going to bring Tony in and have a sit-down chat about his future...My gut feeling is that there's a 50/50 or better chance he stays.
    Even ProBowl FBs don't make that much money, so cost isn't the issue.
    I think the issue is how much longer Tony wants to play, and whether he wants to finish up his career closer to home...wherever that is.

"Tony Richardson is one of those key guys. He's in the Pro Bowl. He's 36 years old and that is a tough, tough decision that we'll have to come to here in the next couple of weeks. We let the season kind of settle down and then he'll be back in here to sit down and talk here in a couple of weeks."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/15422331.html
    Thanks Mountainman. There were a couple of other articles out there along the same lines.

Look, I would like to see him stay as much as anyone, however, it isn't that hard to imagine that he won't be asked back next year for alot of reasons.

Mostly because I think this staff wants Mills on the roster and I just don't see any way they can make a roster spot for him other than T-richs.
    Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Tahi who, as far as I can remember didn't do a whole lot last season, instead of cutting a pro-bowl player and one of our best locker room influences? Keep Shiancoe, Kleinsasser and Dugan at TE, and have Richardson and Mills at FB. I think 5 TE/FBs is a good number for our offense.

Also, why not keep them all? They were all on the roster last season, so why wouldn't that work this season as well?
    I mentioned Tahi in the first analysis I did on this (Link I gave Z). Because he is in his contract year this year, he truly is the wildcard, along with T-richs asking price IMHO.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jonnyb is offline Rookie

Good thread fellas.

I think I am in agreement with most you. I think that this staff will do its best to fill holes in FA and add depth in draft.

I see us adding a Vet to fill our holes at S, DE, WR, and using the draft as a means to solidify the rest of the depth chart.

If we are able to sign someone who can bring in experience and ability to those positions we can go for BPA in all rounds of the draft, not just the first.

I would love to see Hamilin come in at saftey, along with a berrian or a hackett at WR. I don't know if anyone worth while will be available at DE once everyone has been franchised though. Thats ok though, I am in the "we don't need a DE" camp.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jonnyb" wrote:
    Good thread fellas.

I think I am in agreement with most you. I think that this staff will do its best to fill holes in FA and add depth in draft.

I see us adding a Vet to fill our holes at S, DE, WR, and using the draft as a means to solidify the rest of the depth chart.

If we are able to sign someone who can bring in experience and ability to those positions we can go for BPA in all rounds of the draft, not just the first.

I would love to see Hamilin come in at saftey, along with a berrian or a hackett at WR. I don't know if anyone worth while will be available at DE once everyone has been franchised though. Thats ok though, I am in the "we don't need a DE" camp.
    Very nice recap my friend.

I agree with your last paragraph 95%.
    Kindof (not quite there yet) leaning that way as well.
    I sure hope all of you are right.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Does anyone think it is a chance in hell we get randy moss back...cause this isnt the old red mccombs and mike tice team..its a brand new viking team. I mean AD will have a field day if randy moss is on his team cause if they put 8 in the box. Randy will kill them deep...if they back it up...AD will kill them for 30yards. we would work down the field so easily...TJax would look like a pro bowl QB like duante. Duante imo wasnt a Good QB...he was just good enough. to pass it to randy moss and hand it off to robert smith and michael bennett..which made him look good..he was just a guy with a rocket arm and can run.

PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer

"SharperImage" wrote:
    Does anyone think it is a chance in hell we get randy moss back...cause this isnt the old red mccombs and mike tice team..its a brand new viking team. I mean AD will have a field day if randy moss is on his team cause if they put 8 in the box. Randy will kill them deep...if they back it up...AD will kill them for 30yards. we would work down the field so easily...TJax would look like a pro bowl QB like duante. Duante imo wasnt a Good QB...he was just good enough. to pass it to randy moss and hand it off to robert smith and michael bennett..which made him look good..he was just a guy with a rocket arm and can run.
    No i dont think there is any chance we get randy moss back.
    Randy has said he wants to stay in New England and Tom Brady said he wants Randy Back.
    Brady even went as far as saying if Randy goes to a different team then Tom wants to go with him.
    Tom will get what he wants and he wants Randy.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

I think everyone should wait and see who exactly is franchised. There is a reason why the comments are made in the public. Sometimes it's to pressure the player into accepting a contract placed before them and avoiding the dreaded Franchise tag.

Lets see who it gets used on.
    So far Suggs and Allen's names have been mentioned but I wouldn't be surpries is 1 or the other is available.

Pretty good mock draft ans offseason

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"PackSux!" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:
    Randy has said he wants to stay in New England and Tom Brady said he wants Randy Back.
    Brady even went as far as saying if Randy goes to a different team then Tom wants to go with him.
    Pfh, half glass empty guy huh?
    ;D
    I have the optimistic outlook that we sign Moss and NE trades us brady.
    ;D ;D ;D

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Schutz" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

;D

;D ;D ;D
    I think the Patriots will slap the franchise tag on moss. The following year though I bet he tests the waters in free agency. I don't think NE has the cap space to sign him to a long term monster deal, other teams probably would offer him a monster deal. Still I think it greatly benefits moss to stay in NE where he will have the most success, get the most media coverage, and the most endorsement deals(madden 09). ;D

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Schutz" wrote:
    "PackSux!" wrote:
    "SharperImage" wrote:

;D

;D ;D ;D
    I could accept that...don't hate the players...just hate the team that they are on.

What would be PERFECT would be if the Pats would start to decline next season (a distinct possibility) and then Moss and Brady bolt.
    The Vikes should be in a perfect position to make a run at the Super Bowl after next season (if not next season by some strange chance).
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast