Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: SharperImage speaks his mind on FA's

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    At least I have a rationale (same one I used when Wiggo left and everyone thought I was crazy).
    You on the other hand think just cause he got voted to the Pro-bowl it won't happen.
    Don't put words on my fingers, bucko.

I want the Vikings to keep Richardson because he's a devastating blocker, because he's got sweet and soft hands and because he's one of the finest human beings the Vikings have on the roster.

Seriously, I like T-rich and think he is a hell of a blocker but at some point all players leave.
    Again, depending on how much he asks for, the staffs intention for Mills and Tahi, I could see him going.

Bet you are happier than pooh I ain't in charge huh.

;D
    I'm mostly happy you're not running the team because if there's anything worse than a big-monied out-of-towner running the team it's a big-monied out-of-towner who thinks he has a clue running the team.

=Z=
    You can try to insult all you want, but it still doesn't change the fact that he MIGHT not be back next year.
    Only difference between you and me on this is I will understand why, you probably will not.

Here is another thread were I went a bit more indepth of why I don't think he will be back.

http://www.purplepride.org/forums/in...0196#msg720196
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

i love how people are now making thread called _______'s thoughts on the offseason
    amazing

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Umm, well, Chilly said in the latest article that they are going to bring Tony in and have a sit-down chat about his future...My gut feeling is that there's a 50/50 or better chance he stays.
    Even ProBowl FBs don't make that much money, so cost isn't the issue.
    I think the issue is how much longer Tony wants to play, and whether he wants to finish up his career closer to home...wherever that is.

"Tony Richardson is one of those key guys. He's in the Pro Bowl. He's 36 years old and that is a tough, tough decision that we'll have to come to here in the next couple of weeks. We let the season kind of settle down and then he'll be back in here to sit down and talk here in a couple of weeks."
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/15422331.html
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Umm, well, Chilly said in the latest article that they are going to bring Tony in and have a sit-down chat about his future...My gut feeling is that there's a 50/50 or better chance he stays.
    I think the issue is how much longer Tony wants to play, and whether he wants to finish up his career closer to home...wherever that is.

"Tony Richardson is one of those key guys. He's in the Pro Bowl. He's 36 years old and that is a tough, tough decision that we'll have to come to here in the next couple of weeks. We let the season kind of settle down and then he'll be back in here to sit down and talk here in a couple of weeks."
    Thanks Mountainman. There were a couple of other articles out there along the same lines.

Look, I would like to see him stay as much as anyone, however, it isn't that hard to imagine that he won't be asked back next year for alot of reasons.

Mostly because I think this staff wants Mills on the roster and I just don't see any way they can make a roster spot for him other than T-richs.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Mostly because I think this staff wants Mills on the roster and I just don't see any way they can make a roster spot for him other than T-richs.
    Look, Marr - you know I respect your knowledge and the effort you put into things, but an awful lot of your analysis starts up with "...because I think..."

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Look, Marr - you know I respect your knowledge and the effort you put into things, but an awful lot of your analysis starts up with "...because I think..."

=Z=
    Thanks for the kind comment.

If I had a open door policy with the Vikes staff I wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to figure out what they hell they are gonna do.

Until the Chiller grants me special access that is the best I can do.
    Read the drivel, look at roster postions, study the scheme and then "think" my way around things.
    Best I can do my friend. ;D

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    Either that or "great post"

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

Thanks Mountainman. There were a couple of other articles out there along the same lines.

Look, I would like to see him stay as much as anyone, however, it isn't that hard to imagine that he won't be asked back next year for alot of reasons.

Wouldn't it make more sense to cut Tahi who, as far as I can remember didn't do a whole lot last season, instead of cutting a pro-bowl player and one of our best locker room influences? Keep Shiancoe, Kleinsasser and Dugan at TE, and have Richardson and Mills at FB. I think 5 TE/FBs is a good number for our offense.

Also, why not keep them all? They were all on the roster last season, so why wouldn't that work this season as well?

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the kind comment.

If I had a open door policy with the Vikes staff I wouldn't have to spend so much time trying to figure out what they hell they are gonna do.

Until the Chiller grants me special access that is the best I can do.
    Read the drivel, look at roster postions, study the scheme and then "think" my way around things.

Best I can do my friend. ;D
    I'm "thinking", too.
    And my "thoughts" tell me that, whatever his age, Tony Richardson was KEY to the running success that Purple Jesus and Chester had in 2007.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

=Z=
    And that is why I respect his opinions more than some people. When someone shows they have though-out an opinion in an educated way, it carries more weight in my book than someone who just regurgitates the same old tosh that everyone hears on the internet or that some talking head on ESPN spouted out last week.

I say bring on the original ideas.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast