Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re: The Second Round

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095393
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1095365
    Games are made in the front lines.
    And just as quickly lost by turnovers......
    Agreed! Then you have to look at how most turnovers are caused. They are caused by pressure on the QB. Yes there were times last year where Favre hung onto the ball too long. I can admit that. But more times than not he was pressured way too early. Why? Because the OL sucked balls. They have for years and last year it was evident.

Now, if it was in fact because of the scheme then maybe we will see an improvement. That still remains to be seen. As of now my impression of our OL is not that good. We have an overrated LT, an aging LG, a raw C that hasn't proven anything, an average at best RG with a decent prospect behind him and an under-achieving RT.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: The Second Round

Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1095515
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1095393
    Quote Originally Posted by "ejmat" #1095365
    Games are made in the front lines.
    And just as quickly lost by turnovers......
    Agreed! Then you have to look at how most turnovers are caused. They are caused by pressure on the QB. Yes there were times last year where Favre hung onto the ball too long. I can admit that. But more times than not he was pressured way too early. Why? Because the OL sucked balls. They have for years and last year it was evident.

Now, if it was in fact because of the scheme then maybe we will see an improvement. That still remains to be seen. As of now my impression of our OL is not that good. We have an overrated LT, an aging LG, a raw C that hasn't proven anything, an average at best RG with a decent prospect behind him and an under-achieving RT.
    I hear ya and agree with one exception, that OL, even with all the backups playing a good chunk of the season, still graded out in the middle of the pack last year when it came to running.

2009 Rushing yards 13th, Passing yards 8th.
    2010 Rushing yards 10th, passing was 26th.

ESPN Stats

Pretty consistent with respect to the running, infact, it was a bit better, with the Noodle it wasn't. The answer still comes back to his limited ability to move around and injuries on the WR side of the ball.

My guess, you put a young Ponder behind our starters (OL/WR) and the 2011 stats will look alot more like 2009 than they will 2010.

Again, we have issues, but I'm just not as concerned as you are my friend.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345