Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Pennington's career was thought to be over after his fourth shoulder surgery last year but he later said he would attempt a comeback in 2011. The Dolphins quarterback, who is not under contract for 2011, suffered an injury during a pickup basketball game that will require ACL surgery, according to ESPN's Chris Mortensen.
    Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For The Minnesota Vikings
    LOL, I never considered him an option this year, however, I know of a few on here who still like the cat.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  2. #2
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    He is the type of guy the Vikings and especially Chilly would have signed.

    _Injury history
    _past his prime
    _not a long term solution.


    Pretty much textbook for the club if you ask me.

  3. #3
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Better than who we have. As a backup, I wouldn't mind him, but definitely not a guy to rely on going forward.

  4. #4
    Caine's Avatar
    Caine is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    5,139

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Wasn't on my list...

  5. #5
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092876
    Better than who we have. As a backup, I wouldn't mind him, but definitely not a guy to rely on going forward.
    Never did understand why there are a few who feel that way. As PF said, lots of issues, mostly related to his arm and injuries.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #6
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092942
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092876
    Better than who we have. As a backup, I wouldn't mind him, but definitely not a guy to rely on going forward.
    Never did understand why there are a few who feel that way. As PF said, lots of issues, mostly related to his arm and injuries.
    But he's one of the more accurate guys in the league and can read defenses. Having him as a pure veteran backup role, and let him play about as much as Sage was used could be beneficial to a young guy we bring in.

    He's not going to go out there and win games for us, but I think he could be an excellent player-coach for the QB's.

  7. #7
    seaniemck7's Avatar
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    1,453

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092965
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1092942
    Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1092876
    Better than who we have. As a backup, I wouldn't mind him, but definitely not a guy to rely on going forward.
    Never did understand why there are a few who feel that way. As PF said, lots of issues, mostly related to his arm and injuries.
    But he's one of the more accurate guys in the league and can read defenses. Having him as a pure veteran backup role, and let him play about as much as Sage was used could be beneficial to a young guy we bring in.

    He's not going to go out there and win games for us, but I think he could be an excellent player-coach for the QB's.
    You mean THE most accurate passer... of all time. Its a shame that his shoulders were made from refurbished chandelier parts. In his prime he reminded me of a Montana type who succeeded despite not having the most athletic attributes. Smart, accurate QB who didn't put his team in bad posistions. Sort of Brees-like prior striking gold with NO and Sean Payton.

    Kinda sounds like a guy who could have won with our team over the past 4 years if he could stay health. But like Doc says, "If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle".

    I wish him the best in his recovery (at age 38 i just had my ACL replaced, joyous fun.)

  8. #8
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Because, at this point.. Prior to his latest injury.. I woulda took him over Patrick Ramsey and Rhett Bohmar any frickin day :sick:

  9. #9
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1092971
    Because, at this point.. Prior to his latest injury.. I woulda took him over Patrick Ramsey and Rhett Bohmar any frickin day :sick:
    Good point. Just moved you up a notch in my database

  10. #10
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Scratch One Potential Quarterback Option For Vikes

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093002
    Quote Originally Posted by "V4L" #1092971
    Because, at this point.. Prior to his latest injury.. I woulda took him over Patrick Ramsey and Rhett Bohmar any frickin day :sick:
    Good point. Just moved you up a notch in my database

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. How to Make Mustard from Scratch
    By Prophet in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-30-2008, 05:07 PM
  2. PFT reports that Vikes are looking for a veteran Quarterback
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-12-2007, 11:31 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-06-2007, 10:43 AM
  4. Scratch & Sniff
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
  5. Potential buyers of the Vikes?
    By Claiborne55 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-18-2004, 01:35 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •