Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Scouting combine

There's quite a few saftey prospects that i want to see, i really want the team to get a SS that can fit in our new scheme, a guy that Tomlin can groom.

In last years draft i was super high on Erasmus James and Dominique Foxworth, we didn't need a CB at the time but he went on to have a great rookie season with the Broncos. Its sweet when they draft a guy you where impressed with at the combine.

I don't know if Vernon Davis will go to the combine but i'd love to watch him do his workouts, bench, 40 and whatnot.

scarface is offline Training Camp

I hope they pick up a linebacker that to me is out biggest need in the draft then a right guard.With a solid o line the backs we have will have a much better yr look at the yr before we had at least 2 backs that were emerging i think were good at rbs we just need a o line that can open up lanes for them

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

I hope we draft Nick Mangold from Ohio State to play guard because he is a mauler on the inside of the OL.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Just wondering how many pro bowl calibur running backs came out of minnesota?

and what do you guys think about max jean-gilles? he looks huge

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    From what I saw.. (I watched every game for 2 straight years)

He actually has good vision.. That's one of his upsides.. better then Bennett thats for sure
    ha ha yeah bennett is the only guy i can think of who can run into his offensive tackle then fall down.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

The Workouts are great but they need to show more of the combine.

Wiggles67 is offline Coordinator

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think he can be just as good.. If not better then Lendale.. They both are iffy with the lines they played behind.. Im kinda worried about Maroney a bit too cuz Minnesota backs aren't the best.. Let's hope he can do it!
    LenDale will be th best back coming out of this draft 3 years from now mark my words! Maroney does scare me a bit as well his running style is awesome for college and he had an amazing line! Look at the games he was out this year and the back up stepped in and still rushed for 200. I just have this weird feeling that he is more of a product of this system than an oustanding RB.

In the NFL, the majority of the really sucessful running backs are the straight ahead runners, power runners. I dont know if Maroney has what it takes to run inside in the NFL.

I definately hoped I'm proven wrong on this! I always want to see anyone coming out of MN do well!

"I choose my company by the beating of their hearts, not the swelling of their heads"

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Lendale's line was just as good bro.. They got 2 lineman that are gonna get drafted before our best 2...

Did u see the holes in the champinship game they opened? I could have rushed for 100 bro.. Bush didn't do good cuz he didn't take the holes.. Just tryed to bounce it around the outside.. I watched quite a bit of USC this year cuz it was a good story watching thier streak.. Their line is just as good if not better then MN's was

Maroney has the vision to find a hole.. And the speed to get to the outside.. Lendale is an inside runner and would suck with an average line..

DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Here is the coverage schedule of the Combine for those interested, I excited they expanded the coverage this year:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9234181

Does anyone know where we can get copies of the Wonderlic test? It would be cool to have a PPO test session to see how smart we all are. lol
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"DarrinNelsonguy" wrote:
    Here is the coverage schedule of the Combine for those interested, I excited they expanded the coverage this year:

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9234181

Does anyone know where we can get copies of the Wonderlic test? It would be cool to have a PPO test session to see how smart we all are
    . lol
    Here's 15 questions from it...

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/closer/020228test.html

They give the same test for admission into gifted seminar programs in a lot of school districts. I took it to get into seminar. I'm not sure what my score was, but I know it equated to an IQ of over 131 since that was the requirement to get in. They're kind of fun really, much better than State Standard testing and SATs!

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast