Dwags is offline Training Camp

Scout.com on trading for Schaub/Cutler

Espn just had a live chat with Gary Horton of Scout.com - here are the relevant questions on trading for Schaub or Cutler.

Apparently his scouting duties don't include new unis...

Paul (Augusta)
    Gary, please answer the question the other ESPN experts are scared to be wrong on! Is there any substance to the Schaub to the Vikesfor the #17 talk? Also doesn't Schaub grade out higher today than any of the big 3 QBs on the board?

GARY HORTON
    I think there is substance that the Vikings like Schaub but the asking price would be too high. I don't think there is any way Atlanta could afford to let him go with the constant injury possibilities with Michael Vick. I know that Childress would love to have a young QB already in the league to develop and I believe Schaub would be that guy. But it would just cost too much.

Jon (Minneapolis)
    I think the Vikes should trade up for Cutler. What do you think? Also, what do you think of their new unis?

GARY HORTON
    I think Cutler would be a strong consideration if he falls to them at 17 but I don't see them trading up for him. I think they would like to come out of the draft with a rookie QB. I could see them getting a guy in the second or third round.

GARY HORTON
    I have seen the new unis. I don't really have an opinion one way or the other.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Scout.com on trading for Schaub/Cutler

I think Horton hit it on the head on both issues (Schaub and trading up)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

Regardless of what he says I believe the Vikes are going to trade up to get Cutler.. If they somehow don't do that, then I believe they will wait to rd 2 to pick up Croyle, or Whitehurst..

Dwags is offline Training Camp

Recently there has been talk of Leinert sliding, making it possible for us to trade up for him as opposed to Cutler. While I think Leinert is definitely the safer pick of the two, if we did pick him, we would really have a problem at right tackle since Leinert is a lefty. Would we still have a Johnson, whose relatively green, protecting Leinert's blind side? Or would we switch McKinnie to the right?

Just a thought...

Slade is offline Star Spokesman

Yeah, Schaub would be way to expensive but I'd take him over Cutler. I know its apples & oranges as one guy has NFL experience, but just my 2 cents

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

we should stay put, get omar jacobs in the 3rd round, he'll be there
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

revprodeji is offline Starter

From what I hear we are very High on croyle. I see a trade in the top-13 and that will change the rest of the draft. If Croyle or Leinart fall then awesome, if not than get BPA not named sims and lets grab croyle in the second
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"revprodeji" wrote:
    From what I hear we are very High on croyle. I see a trade in the top-13 and that will change the rest of the draft. If Croyle or Leinart fall then awesome, if not than get BPA not named sims and lets grab croyle in the second

I agree.. As much as I like Cutler, and Leinart, I don't think either one is worth packaging a bunch of picks for. This draft is stacked with talent at almost every position. Regardless if we get a QB in the first rd or not, there is still going to be plenty of talent in the second rd to choose from.

damien927 is offline Asst. Coach

I have seen Kellen Klemens moving up the mock draft boards lately, possibly as high as the top of the second round.... If he makes it to our pick in the 2nd, I say go for it. A lot of people are rating him higher than croyle, whitehurst, and jacobs. JMHO

Thanks Lotza!

shawn9876uss is offline Coordinator

I am not too fond of the QBs after the top three, they drop off considerably

Thanks PurpleMafia