Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Say No to Limas Sweed! JAMES HARDY

"Ranger" wrote:
    Basicallly what I'm saying, is that your website is being run by assclowns if they think Nelson should go undrafted.
    My friend.
    This happens all the time.
    A kid will be either a unknown or a guy that has showed some stuff but will have some detractor associated with him.

He will go to the combine, get seen by a few scouts, run a good time, catch a few balls and then shoot up the draft boards.

or

He could come in and measure smaller than originally thought, drop everything thrown his way, run slower than expected and then drop like a brick.

Its a never ending cycle. Don't get so worried about it just because it happens to a kid that you followed through college and some guy located in Southestern VA has never heard of him.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ranger is offline Coach

haha, awesome!

Anyway, I'm behind you all the way on your draft feelings.
    I think there are some pretty strong players in the receiver/backs class, but no huge standouts.
    I would say McFadden as this year's money back, but his off the field issues seem to loom pretty darkly over everything.

I'm all about picking up lineman.
    We could use depth at any position on either line, and there are positions open for competition.

I'd personally like to see us pick up an impact defensive player, either a safety with excellent range and the ability to lay the lumber on somebody, or a manimal pass rusher from the end.
    Both would go a great ways towards shoring up the poor pass defense.

Offensively we could use some more talent at the receiver position, but I don't see anything available to drool over.
    It's not as if the panthers are offering Steve Smith for a practice squad guy or something.

Ranger is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    Basicallly what I'm saying, is that your website is being run by assclowns if they think Nelson should go undrafted.
    My friend.
    A kid will be either a unknown or a guy that has showed some stuff but will have some detractor associated with him.

He will go to the combine, get seen by a few scouts, run a good time, catch a few balls and then shoot up the draft boards.

or

He could come in and measure smaller than originally thought, drop everything thrown his way, run slower than expected and then drop like a brick.

Its a never ending cycle. Don't get so worried about it just because it happens to a kid that you followed through college and some guy located in Southestern VA has never heard of him.

;D
    haha, I live in NOVA.

I'm usually not this buttsore over college kids getting projected lower than I feel they should be, but I feel similar to how I did when I saw Sproles projected as undrafted on some website.
    I almost keeled over to do the kickin' chicken.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Ranger" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    My friend.

or

;D
    haha, I live in NOVA.

I'm usually not this buttsore over college kids getting projected lower than I feel they should be, but I feel similar to how I did when I saw Sproles projected as undrafted on some website.
    I almost keeled over to do the kickin' chicken.

I'm a big KSU fan but I'n not a fan of Nelson.
    He's solid but I'm leeriy of KSU WRs. I rather take 1 higher in the draft.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234