Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Say No to Limas Sweed! JAMES HARDY

"jessejames09" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Hardy is an interesting prospect who is currently slotted to go in the 2nd round.
    Nelson isn't even ranked or slated to go in any round and is currently ranked as the 111th player in the top 100.

Maybe the Vikes will look at him as a Undrafted FA.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_..._prospects.htm
    Usually I agree with everything you say, but I'm afraid you are way off base on this one. Jordy Nelson will be taken no later than the 3rd, or possibly 4th round depending on how his combine goes.

He has everything you look for, the production, the size, the athleticism, and he will never be a problem off the field or in the locker room. He also has experience returning kicks and punts, which adds another dimension to his toolset. The only reason he isn't mentioned among the top set of receivers is because he went to a smaller school, and had a knee injury earlier that made his 40 time appear slowler than it really is. He was an all-state track star during high school and has been timed at a 10.62 in the 100-meter dash, and he is the type of player that runs well in pads and plays faster than he times.
    Very good point, while watching his tape i felt the same way, kinda like Nate Burleson.
    You keep on mentioning watching guys game tape. Do you call you tube videos tape? Or do you
    get your mitts on actual game tape?
    I would love to get real game tape. You Tube empowers me at the moment. There is plenty of information here on internet to provide a solid case for Jordey Nelson. Dropped balls, fumbles and such will usually be reported in scouting reports, and sometimes they don't. Malcom Kelly's scouting reports don't talk about his dropped passes, but the Sooner fan do.

Highlight videos are just that high light videos, after i see the video i go and do research on that individual player to come up with a complete assesment. You Tube can provide good tape and if you are any good at evaluating talent you can see he's a good football player.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I shall put all the BS to rest. Here is plenty of video on the baller Jordey Nelson, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...n&search_type=
    Some good stuff there my friend.

Put yourself in my shoes.
    Who to beleive......

Ourlads or VikingsTw and some youtube
    clips.

;D
    Believe yourself but do your homework first then come up with an assesment all on your own.

I'm definitly not always correct, just a couple weeks ago i was making a case for Dwight Smith then they cut his ass! :-[

Ranger is offline Coach

I'm a big KSU fan.
    I went to high school right outside of the "Little Apple" in Manhattan, KS.
    The Kansas State team is named "Wildcats" and they have purple for a color.
    The fans say that they "Bleed Purple."
    winkwink, nudge nudge, say no mo'

Jordy Nelson is an incredible receiver, and will be a steal for somebody.
    He's fast, agile, runs good routes and produces against everybody.
    Oh, and he's a big guy, too.
    6'3", for starters.
    He produced against the very best cornerbacks in the Big 12, produced 100 yard games with touchdowns against guys slated to go in the first round, guys that played for teams that were more talented and better coached.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player/profile?playerId=148060

Check it out...Missou, Texas, Auburn, Kansas...he smoked all of those teams, when double covered.
    Talib is slated to go in the middle of the first round...and do you see what Nelson did to him?
    It was like a man against a child.
    If Nelson goes undrafted it will be hilarious.
    Hilarious for the idiots that didn't pick him up when they had the opportunity.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I shall put all the BS to rest. Here is plenty of video on the baller Jordey Nelson, enjoy!

Who to beleive......

clips.

;D
    Believe yourself but do your homework first then come up with an assesment all on your own.

I'm definitly not always correct, just a couple weeks ago i was making a case for Dwight Smith then they cut his jiggly butt! :-[
    And I was making a case to move one of our CB's back to S cause he was gonna get cut.
    :

Seriously though, I don't have a scouting staff so I pay for a couple of sites that provide damn good scouting reports on all viable rookies.

How do you scout?
    Off of youtube were only good clips get posted.
    ;D

Sorry, but I will keep on keepin on the way I do now.
    Seems I'm not that far off most of the time.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ranger is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Who to beleive......

clips.

;D

I'm definitly not always correct, just a couple weeks ago i was making a case for Dwight Smith then they cut his jiggly butt! :-[
    And I was making a case to move one of our CB's back to S cause he was gonna get cut.

:

Seriously though, I don't have a scouting staff so I pay for a couple of sites that provide gol 'darnit good scouting reports on all viable rookies.

How do you scout?

;D

Homeslice, I actually watched Nelson play against top competition in games.
    I don't need video or highlight reels...I watched the games.
    He was outstanding, and is DEFINITELY worth a 3-4th round pick.
    He has good size, good game speed, solid hands, excellent field vision, no off the field issues, good and big game experience and production against the best cornerbacks in the Big 12, some of which are graded as some of the best cornerbacks in the country.
    Talib had him man on man about one time in that game, and gave up a huge touchdown.

Nelson not getting drafted is pretty unlikely, bud.
    Don't say stuff like that about Nelson again, or I'll start spreading rumors that you're a dirty pollywog.

"Ranger" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:

Who to beleive......

clips.

;D

:

Seriously though, I don't have a scouting staff so I pay for a couple of sites that provide gol 'darnit good scouting reports on all viable rookies.

How do you scout?

;D

He has good size, good game speed, solid hands, excellent field vision, no off the field issues, good and big game experience and production against the best cornerbacks in the Big 12, some of which are graded as some of the best cornerbacks in the country.
    Talib had him man on man about one time in that game, and gave up a huge touchdown.

Don't say stuff like that about Nelson again, or I'll start spreading rumors that you're a dirty pollywog.
    I love this time of year when every guy that has a college football team has the answer to our needs.
    Thier kid is the best ball player and is basically being shunned by the guys who actually scout these kids and make a living off of it.

;D

By the way, I didn't say he would go undrafted, I say he was currently projected as a undrafted FA.
    Currently projected.

Hey my friend, before you lable me as a dirty pollywog, quick question.
    Did you watch the other kids play that are ranked above him?
    I am sure they have some fan that followed them throughout thier collegiate career and will have the same arguement.

Again, for everyone one.......

I am not doubting his (or any player coming out this year) skills or how well he plays.
    I am only looking at how/were he is ranked nationally. If he is the 111th ranked player on a value board, he isn't gonna go number 1.
    Not because I don't like him, but because he is ranked the 111th player.

What is so hard to understand about that.

;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Ranger is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=42619.msg727342#msg727342 date=1203805642]

Who to beleive......

clips.

;D

:

How do you scout?

;D

I love this time of year when every guy that has a college football team has the answer to our needs.
    Thier kid is the best ball player and is basically being shunned by the guys who actually scout these kids and make a living off of it.

;D

By the way, I didn't say he would go undrafted, I say he was currently projected as a undrafted FA.
    Currently projected.

I am sure they have some fan that followed them throughout thier collegiate career and will have the same arguement.

I am not doubting his (or any player coming out this year) skills or how well he plays.
    I am only looking at how/were he is ranked nationally. If he is the 111th ranked player on a value board, he isn't gonna go number 1.

;D
    [/quote]

Well goddamn, Mar, I've been in here forever hitting the refresh button while waiting for you to show up!

My issue wasn't so much with what you said as it was with the projection.
    I've seen plenty of sites that have him graded out to be a 3-4 round pick for all the reasons I listed.

I'm pretty sketchy on this year's class of receivers.
    Sweed seems like good possession receiver material, Hardy is getting the Burress comparisons but has character issues, and DeSean?
    Man.
    DeSean has so many problems that it makes me sick thinking that the Vikings might pick him.

He weighed in at 169lbs.
    Yeah, didn't break 170.
    He's short.
    He's got poor route running.
    I mean, did nobody learn from the Miami / Ginn debacle?

Bowman ran slow, has been roundly beaten for his poor hands and numerous drops and also had a poor showing in the bench...not what was expectetd for a guy being labeled as the next potential TO.

The thing about me with Nelson is that I actually watched him play.
    Look at his statistics and then look at the teams he played.
    He burned Talib, and I'd imagine that your website has him going in the first round.

Ranger is offline Coach

Basicallly what I'm saying, is that your website is being run by assclowns if they think Nelson should go undrafted.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Ranger" wrote:
    Basicallly what I'm saying, is that your website is being run by assclowns if they think Nelson should go undrafted.
    Are you talking about PPO? I know you're not talking about PPO....
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"Ranger" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Ranger" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    [quote author=Marrdro link=topic=42619.msg727345#msg727345 date=1203806034]
    [quote author=VikingsTw link=topic=42619.msg727342#msg727342 date=1203805642]

Who to beleive......

clips.

;D

:

How do you scout?

;D

;D

Currently projected.

;D
    [/quote]

Well goddamn, Mar, I've been in here forever hitting the refresh button while waiting for you to show up!

My issue wasn't so much with what you said as it was with the projection.
    I've seen plenty of sites that have him graded out to be a 3-4 round pick for all the reasons I listed.

I'm pretty sketchy on this year's class of receivers.
    Sweed seems like good possession receiver material, Hardy is getting the Burress comparisons but has character issues, and DeSean?
    Man.
    DeSean has so many problems that it makes me sick thinking that the Vikings might pick him.

He weighed in at 169lbs.
    Yeah, didn't break 170.
    He's short.
    He's got poor route running.
    I mean, did nobody learn from the Miami / Ginn debacle?

Bowman ran slow, has been roundly beaten for his poor hands and numerous drops and also had a poor showing in the bench...not what was expectetd for a guy being labeled as the next potential TO.

The thing about me with Nelson is that I actually watched him play.
    Look at his statistics and then look at the teams he played.
    He burned Talib, and I'd imagine that your website has him going in the first round.

[/quote]
    You my friend just moved up a column for that.
    Not sure why but you did.
    ;D

Remember, it isn't I that has him going undrafted it was the link I gave you.
    I don't follow college ball so I have no clue.
    I just go by what most of the sites are saying (right or wrong) on the internet and in a couple of magazines I subscribe to.

Wish I could give you some of the "Insider" stuff that I pay for. One of them has him in the 4th round today after his workouts.
    They moved him from 111th to 83th so I guess you could call him a guy who "made some money this weekend".

With all that sadi, I am not that enthused over most of the WR's in this years draft.
    I kindof lump them in with the RB class this year.
    Sure there are some quality players in this years draft that will be good pro's (at least they appear to on paper) but there just doesn't seem to be that one kid that stands out.

A few teams will get burned this year and a few teams might find another Colston n the later rounds.
    Teams would be best served, IMHO, to wait on both positions (unless the Best guy fell to them) and take a guy on the second day and use this draft to build/beef up thier O/D-lines on the first day.

Again, my friend, I have no dog in the fight.
    I only go by what the value boards say.

And above all, quit hanging around for my posts.
    I am sure they aren't worth the wait. ;D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast