Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Say No to Limas Sweed! JAMES HARDY

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    First let me say that I don't see the Vikes drafting a WR at all in this draft.

I know, shock, suprise.

Seeings how we only carry 5 WR's, and already have two young prospects then throw in the fact that the will probably sign at least one FA to replace T-will who goes if they draft a guy.

84 Aundrae Allison WR 21 6-0 198 R East Carolina
    89 Robert Ferguson WR 28 6-1 209 7 Texas A&M
    18 Sidney Rice WR 21 6-4 202 R South Carolina
    19 Bobby Wade WR 26 5-10 190 5 Arizona
    82 Troy Williamson WR 24 6-1 203 3 South Carolina

Look, I'm all for upgrading the position but it just doesn't make sense to me why everyone keeps talking about this staff wasting a first day (or second day pick for that matter) on a guy who won't stand a chance
    at making the roster without cutting someone else.

Realistically, when you guys start pooh poohing about drafting a WR get ready to answer this question......... Who goes?

Second.

To try to slam a guy like Limas Sweed cause he doesn't get separation is a bit off the mark.
    As you stated, he has sure hands and can adjust to the ball and you are talking about a guy that goes across the middle or on out routes (short to intermediate).
    Why would you worry about a guy getting separation when his role is to catch the ball in traffic.

What am I missing here.

As to James Hardy and Jordy Nelson.

Hardy is an interesting prospect who is currently slotted to go in the 2nd round.
    Nelson isn't even ranked or slated to go in any round and is currently ranked as the 111th player in the top 100.

Maybe the Vikes will look at him as a Undrafted FA.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_..._prospects.htm
    Bottom line is something needs to be done at WR position, weather that is Bernard Berriman or a draft choice. Hardy is beast there's no denying that, after finding out he has Major Charcater issues i am basiclly no longer instrested in making him the first round draft pick, and if we did the best thing to do would be too drop down and pick up extra choices.

I'm not taking anthing away from Sweed i gave him credit for what he does but his prodution is simply not where it needs to be for a first round selection. After playing four seasons he only made double digit TD's once and never made it past 50 reception for one year. Also keep in mind he only completed one full season. Lack of production, speed, seperation, and abilty to stay healthy all wave red flags. No thanks at pick 17.

There are always underated players in the draft, Nelson is that guy. With 122 receptions in his final season he gol 'darnit near triples any of Sweeds seasons. Also after watching the tape i think he fits our scheme like a glove, and he likes to block. He's elusive and one of the bettter runners of any white WR i have ever seen. If he goes underafted i'll be shocked.

I would think seperation is important for any WR, Sweed will now be playing in another level, seperation could be even harder to achieve as he will be playing against the best CB's in world.

The upgrade to the WR position will be the replacement of T-will with a Vet, TJ's offseason work and our OL fixing some of thier Man-to-man blocking issues.

Again, separation isn't an issue for me when you are talking about a WR that is designed to catch balls in traffic.
    I want a guy who can get off the line (size/strenght) run a precise route (he is at a precise spot at a precise time), and catch the ball with people hanging on him.

Limas is one of those guys.

I hear ya about your boy and am glad you are championing his case but I only look at thier scouting reports, were they are ranked and what slot they are supposed to go in and I do that on 4 different sites (3 of which I pay for) and all of them agree with me, he is slated to be an undrafted WR.

Again, maybe he will get some looks by a team.
    If he is as good as you say I am sure he will.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Draft sites are about as accurate as Shaq's free throw shooting.

I like seperation, getting open is always important for WR, Cris Carter wasn't very fast but he got great seperation, therefor he was open all the time. I think Sweed's best football could be in front of him, he needs to stay healthy and get some more coaching.

I like to do my judging from game tape, not a scouting report they are often times inaccurate. Nelson is a weapon, speed, agility, hands, vision and he can THROW the football. He is also a kick and punt returner. All around weapon.

If he's not drafted i hope we are first team in line to give him a 4 year contract.

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    Draft sites are about as accurate as Shaq's free throw shooting.

I like seperation, getting open is always important for WR, Cris Carter wasn't very fast but he got great seperation, therefor he was open all the time. I think Sweed's best football could be in front of him, he needs to stay healthy and get some more coaching.

I like to do my judging from game tape, not a scouting report they are often times inaccurate. Nelson is a weapon, speed, agility, hands, vision and he can THROW the football. He is also a kick and punt returner. All around weapon.

If he's not drafted i hope we are first team in line to give him a 4 year contract.
    I wouldn't call sites such as Ourlads in the same lane as Shaq.
    Trust me, they get my money every year for 3 reasons.....

I can afford it after riding Navy ships for 22 years
    I love the insight they give.
    They are pretty accurate with respect to thier scouting and were kids go (by round).

Now I would agree that most can't forsee where every kid is gonna go, the better ones do a pretty damn good job at it.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

By the way here is a whole bunch of other guys that like him as much as i do. Some even think he is worthy of a first round pick. That may be a strech, basiclly tomorrow when he runs his 40 will really project him.

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ad.php?t=16739

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"Marrdro" wrote:

Hardy is an interesting prospect who is currently slotted to go in the 2nd round.
    Nelson isn't even ranked or slated to go in any round and is currently ranked as the 111th player in the top 100.

Usually I agree with everything you say, but I'm afraid you are way off base on this one. Jordy Nelson will be taken no later than the 3rd, or possibly 4th round depending on how his combine goes.

He has everything you look for, the production, the size, the athleticism, and he will never be a problem off the field or in the locker room. He also has experience returning kicks and punts, which adds another dimension to his toolset. The only reason he isn't mentioned among the top set of receivers is because he went to a smaller school, and had a knee injury earlier that made his 40 time appear slowler than it really is. He was an all-state track star during high school and has been timed at a 10.62 in the 100-meter dash, and he is the type of player that runs well in pads and plays faster than he times.

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Usually I agree with everything you say, but I'm afraid you are way off base on this one. Jordy Nelson will be taken no later than the 3rd, or possibly 4th round depending on how his combine goes.

He has everything you look for, the production, the size, the athleticism, and he will never be a problem off the field or in the locker room. He also has experience returning kicks and punts, which adds another dimension to his toolset. The only reason he isn't mentioned among the top set of receivers is because he went to a smaller school, and had a knee injury earlier that made his 40 time appear slowler than it really is. He was an all-state track star during high school and has been timed at a 10.62 in the 100-meter dash, and he is the type of player that runs well in pads and plays faster than he times.
    Very good point, while watching his tape i felt the same way, kinda like Nate Burleson.

"aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Listen to me when I tell you I have no dog in the fight.
    I am only conveying what is on the draft sites.

Here are a couple that are free.

The ones I pay for (I can't post thier stuff or Webby will get in trouble) are pretty close to this as well.

111. WR Jordy Nelson, Kansas State
    http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_...alue_board.htm

He is currently not rated on any value board that I pay for as well as the free one.

Again, not me, just the guys who get paid to evaluate the guys and get sapps like me to pay to see what they evaluated.

Trust me when I tell you, there are huge bucks paid out in this area and if a guy is wrong eventually sapps like me will spend our money other places.

Again, I love it that you are championing this guy, just don't shoot me if I don't agree with ya.
    ;D

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Very good point, while watching his tape i felt the same way, kinda like Nate Burleson.
    You keep on mentioning watching guys game tape. Do you call you tube videos tape? Or do you
    get your mitts on actual game tape?

I shall put all the BS to rest. Here is plenty of video on the baller Jordey Nelson, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...n&search_type=

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I shall put all the BS to rest. Here is plenty of video on the baller Jordey Nelson, enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...n&search_type=
    Some good stuff there my friend.

Put yourself in my shoes.
    Who to beleive......

Ourlads or VikingsTw and some youtube
    clips.
    ;D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast