Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Say No to Limas Sweed! JAMES HARDY

I don't understand why everybody is so into Limas Sweed. When watching the film on him I see a guy with great hands, he can jump adjust to the ball, ect. He doesn't get any SEPERATION even in college and that worries me. Also he has been injured and he doesn't have speed. I wouldn't draft him in the first round. Is it the school he goes to, do they think he's the next Roy Williams, Its hard to say what people see in him.

Malcom Kelly looks much better to me but after surfing message boards the fans are about as happy with him as we are with Troy Williamson. I'm talking about dropping balls at the worst of times. I do like what i see on tape though.

Jordy Nelson and James Hardy are my guys, talk about PRODUCTION! Hardy from Indiana has 36 TD's in his college carear and ladies and gentleman, thats after three seasons, he's coming out early just like Rice did. At 6 foot 7 he's a massive target for Tarvaris. He's only 4 or 5 TD's from snapping Braylon Edwards record for TD's in that division. With at least 5 catches every game the production is there regardless of the school. Watch the clip here he's number 82, you can see the speed and size when they show his highlights. Watch the first clip he completely blows the guy out, Sweed doesn't have one highlight with great seperation. Plus this guy is 3 inches taller with a proclaimed 42 inch verticle. The numbers are mind blowing if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlvND...eature=related
    He has some scattered highlights throughout the clip, I like the way he carries himself and he does some good blocking too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnKWm...eature=related
    Here is a interview/highlights with him. Highlights are hard to find on him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/player...layerId=160604
    Stats are incredible, age 22, very nice.

NFL Network won't talk about him i have no idea what the deal is. Tomorrow the WR's work out, I can't wait to see him in action. He's my guy at #17 but i don't think they will do it. We will end up over paying for Bernard Berriman or Jerry Portey, I sure hope not but if we do Draft him he settles the WR issue for good. We would then have two real WR's for Tarvaris, Stack the box against us now.

Jordy Nelson is the other guy, he's got a thread around here, great production, good football player, like him in the second or third.

Re: Say No to Limas Sweed! JAMES HARDY

Nice Post. James Hardy is a very good wr and he has great size. Would look good in purple and gold ;D

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

I agree, I really like Hardy and Nelson, though I don't mind Sweed either. The only question about Hardy is that he has some off the field issues, he got arrested for domestic battery and got suspended for 2 games after a confrontation with a coach. I think Jordy Nelson is going to be the steal of the draft if someone picks him up in the 3rd.

The only problem is that I don't see the Vikings drafting a receiver. It seems very probable that they are going to be pushing very hard for a receiver like Berrian in free agency, and if/when we sign a free agent, there just won't be room on the roster for another receiver (unless we don't resign Ferugson, but I think it will happen).

Good post though, Hardy is indeed a freak. I would love to have him if we can't land Berrian/Stallworth/etc.

"aaeyers" wrote:
    I agree, I really like Hardy and Nelson, though I don't mind Sweed either. The only question about Hardy is that he has some off the field issues, he got arrested for domestic battery and got suspended for 2 games after a confrontation with a coach. I think Jordy Nelson is going to be the steal of the draft if someone picks him up in the 3rd.

The only problem is that I don't see the Vikings drafting a receiver. It seems very probable that they are going to be pushing very hard for a receiver like Berrian in free agency, and if/when we sign a free agent, there just won't be room on the roster for another receiver (unless we don't resign Ferugson, but I think it will happen).

Good post though, Hardy is indeed a freak. I would love to have him if we can't land Berrian/Stallworth/etc.
    Thats to bad about the issues, thats more than likely the reason people are not talking about him. The scouts will just have to get there ivestigation on and find out if those issues should be a factor.

Berrian could be the answer, he provides immediate experience, production and speed. I like him of the FA WR's by far.

DE Justin Smith is another guy i like, he could florish in our defense, he's never played on a good defense.

If we got both Smith and Berrian it could really open up the draft and allow us to get the best player.

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:

Thats to bad about the issues, thats more than likely the reason people are not talking about him. The scouts will just have to get there ivestigation on and find out if those issues should be a factor.

Berrian could be the answer, he provides immediate experience, production and speed. I like him of the FA WR's by far.

DE Justin Smith is another guy i like, he could florish in our defense, he's never played on a good defense.

If we got both Smith and Berrian it could really open up the draft and allow us to get the best player.
    ;D That is exactly how I feel. Berrian and Smith are by far my favorite free agents.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I really don't see us going for a WR is the first round (I hope we go BPA, which I hope is a S or a DE)

I'm not against going for a WR in the second though, especially since there will likely be some quality ones, like Hardy or Sweed around.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

HoosierVike is offline Starter

I am a student at IU, and i can tell you Hardy can, and I imagine once he gets some money in his pocket, will be a problem.
    He has some major character issues.

"HoosierVike" wrote:
    I am a student at IU, and i can tell you Hardy can, and I imagine once he gets some money in his pocket, will be a problem.
    He has some major character issues.
    Yeah not good. Funny thing is i keep hearing his coach brag about how well he has done and how serious he has taken football.

Regardles of what the coach says if he has Major Character issues he will never be in a purple uni. Thats too bad, great talent.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

First let me say that I don't see the Vikes drafting a WR at all in this draft.

I know, shock, suprise.

Seeings how we only carry 5 WR's, and already have two young prospects then throw in the fact that the will probably sign at least one FA to replace T-will who goes if they draft a guy.

84 Aundrae Allison WR 21 6-0 198 R East Carolina
    89 Robert Ferguson WR 28 6-1 209 7 Texas A&M
    18 Sidney Rice WR 21 6-4 202 R South Carolina
    19 Bobby Wade WR 26 5-10 190 5 Arizona
    82 Troy Williamson WR 24 6-1 203 3 South Carolina

Look, I'm all for upgrading the position but it just doesn't make sense to me why everyone keeps talking about this staff wasting a first day (or second day pick for that matter) on a guy who won't stand a chance
    at making the roster without cutting someone else.

Realistically, when you guys start pooh poohing about drafting a WR get ready to answer this question......... Who goes?

Second.
    To try to slam a guy like Limas Sweed cause he doesn't get separation is a bit off the mark.
    As you stated, he has sure hands and can adjust to the ball and you are talking about a guy that goes across the middle or on out routes (short to intermediate).
    Why would you worry about a guy getting separation when his role is to catch the ball in traffic.

What am I missing here.

As to James Hardy and Jordy Nelson.

Hardy is an interesting prospect who is currently slotted to go in the 2nd round.
    Nelson isn't even ranked or slated to go in any round and is currently ranked as the 111th player in the top 100.

Maybe the Vikes will look at him as a Undrafted FA.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_..._prospects.htm
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    First let me say that I don't see the Vikes drafting a WR at all in this draft.

I know, shock, suprise.

Seeings how we only carry 5 WR's, and already have two young prospects then throw in the fact that the will probably sign at least one FA to replace T-will who goes if they draft a guy.

84 Aundrae Allison WR 21 6-0 198 R East Carolina
    89 Robert Ferguson WR 28 6-1 209 7 Texas A&M
    18 Sidney Rice WR 21 6-4 202 R South Carolina
    19 Bobby Wade WR 26 5-10 190 5 Arizona
    82 Troy Williamson WR 24 6-1 203 3 South Carolina

Look, I'm all for upgrading the position but it just doesn't make sense to me why everyone keeps talking about this staff wasting a first day (or second day pick for that matter) on a guy who won't stand a chance
    at making the roster without cutting someone else.

Realistically, when you guys start pooh poohing about drafting a WR get ready to answer this question......... Who goes?

Second.

To try to slam a guy like Limas Sweed cause he doesn't get separation is a bit off the mark.
    As you stated, he has sure hands and can adjust to the ball and you are talking about a guy that goes across the middle or on out routes (short to intermediate).
    Why would you worry about a guy getting separation when his role is to catch the ball in traffic.

What am I missing here.

As to James Hardy and Jordy Nelson.

Hardy is an interesting prospect who is currently slotted to go in the 2nd round.
    Nelson isn't even ranked or slated to go in any round and is currently ranked as the 111th player in the top 100.

Maybe the Vikes will look at him as a Undrafted FA.

http://www.nfldraftdog.com/2008_nfl_..._prospects.htm
    Bottom line is something needs to be done at WR position, weather that is Bernard Berriman or a draft choice. Hardy is beast there's no denying that, after finding out he has Major Charcater issues i am basiclly no longer instrested in making him the first round draft pick, and if we did the best thing to do would be too drop down and pick up extra choices.

I'm not taking anthing away from Sweed i gave him credit for what he does but his prodution is simply not where it needs to be for a first round selection. After playing four seasons he only made double digit TD's once and never made it past 50 reception for one year. Also keep in mind he only completed one full season. Lack of production, speed, seperation, and abilty to stay healthy all wave red flags. No thanks at pick 17.

There are always underated players in the draft, Nelson is that guy. With 122 receptions in his final season he gol 'darnit near triples any of Sweeds seasons. Also after watching the tape i think he fits our scheme like a glove, and he likes to block. He's elusive and one of the bettter runners of any white WR i have ever seen. If he goes underafted i'll be shocked.

I would think seperation is important for any WR, Sweed will now be playing in another level, seperation could be even harder to achieve as he will be playing against the best CB's in world.

Edit: Also take into consideration that Nelson was QB at one time, he can throw the ball just like Sidney Rice can, thats dangerous weapon to have on your team.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast