Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    ragz is offline GM

Re: Sam Bradford to enter the NFL Draft.. our savior?

"Chazz" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    I have to say, this is really frustrating.

It's the third year in a row I am rooting for the Vikes to draft a quarterback, and I think I am going to be disappointed AGAIN this year.

Two years ago I lobbied for Cutler when we had enough power to move up from 17 to 11 and have been massively disappointed ever since.

I was happy they drafted JDB last year, but we haven't seen very much of him.

This sucks...
    Childress will be back. We will not draft a QB again this year. Which makes this thread a bit pointless, but thats ok, I can still dream if I want. Let's trade for Carson Palmer and have TJ come with him! Now that is a dream I can really enjoy!!
    a banged up QB who hasnt had a decent year in years.....? cincy will never let him go... but he'd def. be better than who we have right now!
    Banged up perhaps, but Palmer is not whats wrong with Cincy. I'll take a banged up Palmer over a heathy TJack/Gus everyday.
    palmer is a top 5 qb, you'd take him over almost everybody except maybe brady(when healthy) and manning.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"ragz" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

It's the third year in a row I am rooting for the Vikes to draft a quarterback, and I think I am going to be disappointed AGAIN this year.

Two years ago I lobbied for Cutler when we had enough power to move up from 17 to 11 and have been massively disappointed ever since.

This sucks...
    Childress will be back. We will not draft a QB again this year. Which makes this thread a bit pointless, but thats ok, I can still dream if I want. Let's trade for Carson Palmer and have TJ come with him! Now that is a dream I can really enjoy!!
    a banged up QB who hasnt had a decent year in years.....? cincy will never let him go... but he'd def. be better than who we have right now!
    Banged up perhaps, but Palmer is not whats wrong with Cincy. I'll take a banged up Palmer over a heathy TJack/Gus everyday.
    palmer is a top 5 qb, you'd take him over almost everybody except maybe brady(when healthy) and manning.
    True dat!

ragz is offline GM

"mewario" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "Ltrey" wrote:

This sucks...
    with this team.. the last thing we need is to give the reins to a young developing QB.. or have we not learned enough with TJack?
    Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco have both proven that it's not impossible for a rookie to succeed and take their team to the playoffs.

IMO, if we had John Harbaugh and Joe Flacco, we'd still be in the playoffs too.
    Exactly, Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco proved themselves very capable at leading their teams this year..

Anyway, if we can snag Bradford, or Tebow (if we can wait a year), or trade for Matt Cassel.. we'll be in good shape.
    bradford lived inthe shotgun, which obviously would be a perfect fit for us(sarcasm galore).
    as well as cassel if you really think about it.
    matt ryan and flacco had consistent running games week in and week out.
    the way they ran the ball and we run the ball is quite different.
    we hit 50 yd big ones, they consistently can pick up first downs with the run.
    plus the ravens defense was probably top 3, flacco could complete 40 percent of his passes in a game, win, and get credit for being so poised.
    its a team game, and coaching is a bigger factor on those teams successes than brilliant rookie qb play.
    they used those guys smart.
    "self improvement's masturbation.
    now self destruction" that's enlightenment

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678