Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Sam Bradford to enter the NFL Draft.. our savior?

"mewario" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9032992/2009-NFL-Draft:-First-round-mock

Analyzing the NFL draft order..

Lions at #1, Chiefs at #3, 49ers at #10, Jets at #17, Lions again at #20 appear to be the only teams that may take a QB that high.. it may be too expensive for us to trade up ahead of the 49ers, but if he slips past them we should jump ahead of the Jets or get their pick, Bradford will not get past Lions at 20..

I'm pretty sure Stafford will go #1 due to his arm strength, and Chiefs need too many pieces to draft a QB that high when they already have Thigpen.
    49ers are a wildcard at #10 though.. but they seem like the kind of team that will just bring in an experienced QB ala Tampa Bay, build around the defense.

We have pick #23.. anyone know what it takes to move up to pick 15 or 16 or so?
    Check this out for points:
    http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

That would be gnarly

oaklandzoo24 is offline Star Spokesman

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    No way!
    According to the enough points for Bradford, a #1 draft pick is worth 3000 points. So we'd have to trade our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks COMBINED brings in 760 + 350 + 155= 1265 points. Then we'd have to probably throw in Chester Taylor. Or another way of doing it would be to give up our 1st and 2nd and 3rd round picks for the next two years and add another top player.
    Keep Chester trade Peterson
    In the great words of Tyrone Biggums "Joe Rogan I don't know if you know this but...I SMOKE ROCKS!!
    "There are 3 things that sell in America:
    Violence, sex, and drugs.
    The only way you are going to make this game more appealing to the public than it was before is if there are on field orgies at halftime and the domes become massive opium dens."

[img width=450 height=55]http://img216.imageshac

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "mewario" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9032992/2009-NFL-Draft:-First-round-mock

Analyzing the NFL draft order..

Lions at #1, Chiefs at #3, 49ers at #10, Jets at #17, Lions again at #20 appear to be the only teams that may take a QB that high.. it may be too expensive for us to trade up ahead of the 49ers, but if he slips past them we should jump ahead of the Jets or get their pick, Bradford will not get past Lions at 20..

I'm pretty sure Stafford will go #1 due to his arm strength, and Chiefs need too many pieces to draft a QB that high when they already have Thigpen.
    49ers are a wildcard at #10 though.. but they seem like the kind of team that will just bring in an experienced QB ala Tampa Bay, build around the defense.

We have pick #23.. anyone know what it takes to move up to pick 15 or 16 or so?
    Check this out for points:
    http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/draft_point_value_chart.htm
    Most people use that chart/points, however, Nodack had a new one that they were supposed to use last year which made it a bit more pallatable to move up into the higher draft picks.

Judging by the trades last year, they still used the older version.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

theres no way we get bradford. too many teams need quarterbacks who draft before us. maybe we will get tebow though?

"SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    theres no way we get bradford. too many teams need quarterbacks who draft before us. maybe we will get tebow though?
    What for? As a tight end or a QB? Most draft experts don't believe he's NFL ready yet and it will take a couple of years of him sitting on the bench. Others say he would be NFL ready more as a tight end.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

Sadly, there is NO way we pick up Bradford. It would be freaking AWESOME to finally have someone to be excited about....but there's no way we'd get him.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    What for? As a tight end or a QB? Most draft experts don't believe he's NFL ready yet and it will take a couple of years of him sitting on the bench. Others say he would be NFL ready more as a tight end.
    Why is that?

I don't understand why arguably the best player in the past two years to play college FB (... possibly ever) is considered not ready for the NFL...

If an NFL coach or OC had half a brain, you could rearrange a playbook to play to his strengths... which there are many.

I think he'd be dangerous on a team like Minnesota... with Peterson in the backfield and a QB that could also bust a big run... plus he has a pretty damn good arm, regardless of what some people say.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

"C" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    Why is that?

I don't understand why arguably the best player in the past two years to play college FB (... possibly ever) is considered not ready for the NFL...

If an NFL coach or OC had half a brain, you could rearrange a playbook to play to his strengths... which there are many.

I think he'd be dangerous on a team like Minnesota... with Peterson in the backfield and a QB that could also bust a big run... plus he has a pretty damn good arm, regardless of what some people say.
    Most football draft experts say the same thing. "Good arm, but he isn't capable of threading the needle, or of placing the ball in the receivers arms when he launches it downfield. He has still been effective, mostly thanks to elite WR's like Percy Harvin, who can hide a lot of mistakes by a QB with his ridiculous speed. But as a pure passer, Tebow simply isn't the best option out there, or even close to it"
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"C" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    "SamOchoCinco" wrote:
    Why is that?

He doesn't have prototypical pro attributes. He's not a drop back passer and he's not a pure runner (like Vick). He won't have the athleticism to outrun or run over NFL guys like he does SEC other other college guys, and we've never gotten a great look at his abilities to be a traditional quarterback. He's never been in the style of offense where he has to drop back, scan the field and throw a bullet 40 yards down the field. Even if he has the physical attributes (the arm strength, the mechanics, etc.) to be a pro style quarterback, there will probably be a significant learning curve until he's ready.

I for one don't see him as a great NFL player.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast