Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    mewario is offline Starter

Sam Bradford to enter the NFL Draft.. our savior?

EDIT: Let me make this clear, I am *NOT* saying we trade up to #1 to get him, that's way too expensive.
    I was talking about trading up from #23 to pick around #14 or #15 if he falls to around there, which would be us giving up our 2nd rounder and our 1st according to standard draft value charts.
    I am definitely not saying trade up to #1 overall!
    The NFL Draft is a crapshoot as it is, I'm not saying we give away our draft for two years to move up to #1.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/01/sources-bradford-to-turn-pro/

"Also, two teams toward the middle of the draft can also be expected to have serious interest in Bradford but will likely need to trade up to get him. The Minnesota Vikings are still searching for a franchise quarterback, and Bradford would be an ideal fit to run Brad Childress’ west coast offense."

Please god let him drop to us ala Brady Quinn or Aaron Rodgers.. or else do what it takes to trade up a few spots and grab this guy.
    Franchise QB's only fall into your laps once in a blue moon.

Bradford's decision making and accuracy is unbelievable.. he can sit for a year while TJack plays the last year of his contract so we can see what TJack has.
    Gus can limp his way out the door..

mewario is offline Starter

Re: Sam Bradford to enter the NFL Draft.. our savior?

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9032992/2009-NFL-Draft:-First-round-mock

Analyzing the NFL draft order..

Lions at #1, Chiefs at #3, 49ers at #10, Jets at #17, Lions again at #20 appear to be the only teams that may take a QB that high.. it may be too expensive for us to trade up ahead of the 49ers, but if he slips past them we should jump ahead of the Jets or get their pick, Bradford will not get past Lions at 20..

I'm pretty sure Stafford will go #1 due to his arm strength, and Chiefs need too many pieces to draft a QB that high when they already have Thigpen.
    49ers are a wildcard at #10 though.. but they seem like the kind of team that will just bring in an experienced QB ala Tampa Bay, build around the defense.

We have pick #23.. anyone know what it takes to move up to pick 15 or 16 or so?

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

No way!
    According to the enough points for Bradford, a #1 draft pick is worth 3000 points. So we'd have to trade our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks COMBINED brings in 760 + 350 + 155= 1265 points. Then we'd have to probably throw in Chester Taylor. Or another way of doing it would be to give up our 1st and 2nd and 3rd round picks for the next two years and add another top player.
    Are you willing to give that away for someone who MIGHT be good?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    No way!
    According to the enough points for Bradford, a #1 draft pick is worth 3000 points. So we'd have to trade our 1st, 2nd and 3rd round draft picks COMBINED brings in 760 + 350 + 155= 1265 points. Then we'd have to probably throw in Chester Taylor. Or another way of doing it would be to give up our 1st and 2nd and 3rd round picks for the next two years and add another top player.
    Keep Chester trade Peterson

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    No way!
    Yeah, I like to trade commodities for college superstars.
    That always makes sense.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "COJOMAY" wrote:
    No way!
    Yeah, I like to trade commodities for college superstars.
    That always makes sense.
    LOL

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

At this point I hope they don't burn a high pick, along with the gauranteed money associated with a high pick on a QB or any other player.

Stay down were they are at, target 3 or 4 kids that will have the ability to make the team.
    Do the same thing in the 2nd round and the 3rd round.

As deep as this team is, I only see 2 or 3 kids making the roster next year anyways.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

I bet you Detroit will take him with the #1 Draft overall...

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    Ya think?

LOL
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"erik5032" wrote:
    They're going to take WRs with their first 5 picks.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast