Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 37
  1. #21
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    Or not

    People in Texas were not happy with Shaub

    My girl was down there and asked me who this Rosencopter guy was and why people were so mad at him all the time

  2. #22
    gregair13's Avatar
    gregair13 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Edmonton, AB
    Posts
    14,578

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    I hope we get to see the Rosencopter soon.

    Too bad he cannot control the Rosencopter like the Elwaycopter.
    We're bringing purple back.

  3. #23
    josdin00's Avatar
    josdin00 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,619

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Sage Rosenfels raised by hippies? Not exactly[/size]

    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12120925?source=rss
    Nice article, Marr. The more I read about this guy, the more I hope he is able to step it up and win the competition this year. As long as the Vikes get some decent QB play this year, I don't care much which way it goes, but Sage seems like a good guy that deserves this shot. (not that TJ isn't a good guy. Sage is just the new good guy.)

  4. #24
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    9,512

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    Thanks Marr,
    I really enjoyed that read and it makes me wish that camp would start tomorrow.
    I think we may all be pleasently suprised with what Sage brings to camp and the Vikings as a whole this season....




    Should make for a great competition between Sage and TJ.
    May the better player win the starting job.





    VN


    I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

  5. #25
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    ..... You guys failed to mention how hot his wife looks..... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #26
    marstc09's Avatar
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Posts
    23,179

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ..... You guys failed to mention how hot his wife looks..... ;D
    Who is she?

  7. #27
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,601
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    "josdin00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Sage Rosenfels raised by hippies? Not exactly[/size]

    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12120925?source=rss
    Nice article, Marr. The more I read about this guy, the more I hope he is able to step it up and win the competition this year. As long as the Vikes get some decent QB play this year, I don't care much which way it goes, but Sage seems like a good guy that deserves this shot. (not that TJ isn't a good guy. Sage is just the new good guy.)
    Well, at least he knows what he needs to work on, and he understands why he was doing it...

    Rosenfels concedes he needs to be careful about trying to force plays, which is partly why his statistics fell off from 2007 (15 TDs, 12 INTs) to 2008 (6 TDs, 10 INTs). But he also said Houston didn't have an elite defense, which probably led to a few more mistakes.

    "I think Matt and I both probably got too aggressive last year," Rosenfels said. "Playing the Baltimore Ravens when they were getting hot doesn't help. Playing the Indianapolis Colts twice is a tough deal. Over the last two years, I have four losses, and three of them are to the Colts."

    One of those losses will be remembered as one of the NFL's more painful meltdowns. Schaub was ill, and Rosenfels played almost perfect football through three quarters last season, leading the Texans to the verge of an upset. But two interceptions and a lost fumble by Rosenfels derailed that, and the Colts scored 21 points in a 2:10 span late in the game for a 31-27 comeback victory.
    I am cautiously optimistic...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    1,128

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "josdin00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [size=10pt]Sage Rosenfels raised by hippies? Not exactly[/size]

    http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_12120925?source=rss
    Nice article, Marr. The more I read about this guy, the more I hope he is able to step it up and win the competition this year. As long as the Vikes get some decent QB play this year, I don't care much which way it goes, but Sage seems like a good guy that deserves this shot. (not that TJ isn't a good guy. Sage is just the new good guy.)
    Well, at least he knows what he needs to work on, and he understands why he was doing it...

    Rosenfels concedes he needs to be careful about trying to force plays, which is partly why his statistics fell off from 2007 (15 TDs, 12 INTs) to 2008 (6 TDs, 10 INTs). But he also said Houston didn't have an elite defense, which probably led to a few more mistakes.

    "I think Matt and I both probably got too aggressive last year," Rosenfels said. "Playing the Baltimore Ravens when they were getting hot doesn't help. Playing the Indianapolis Colts twice is a tough deal. Over the last two years, I have four losses, and three of them are to the Colts."

    One of those losses will be remembered as one of the NFL's more painful meltdowns. Schaub was ill, and Rosenfels played almost perfect football through three quarters last season, leading the Texans to the verge of an upset. But two interceptions and a lost fumble by Rosenfels derailed that, and the Colts scored 21 points in a 2:10 span late in the game for a 31-27 comeback victory.
    I am cautiously optimistic...
    I agree with your assessment.
    Glad to see you back, though I heard on the radio today that the river is starting to rise again.
    Try not to wear yourself out this time around and keep everyone safe.

  9. #29
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ..... You guys failed to mention how hot his wife looks..... ;D
    Who is she?
    Not reading the articles again are we?
    Maria Steffen, his high school sweetheart....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #30
    jmcdon00's Avatar
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    8,278

    Re: Sage Rosenfels Controlling only what he can

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    ..... You guys failed to mention how hot his wife looks..... ;D
    Who is she?
    Not reading the articles again are we?
    Maria Steffen, his high school sweetheart....
    I never read the Star Trib or Pioneer press, there websites just suck. And most of their writers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Congratz The Dropper on the Sage Rosenfels (2) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 06:12 PM
  2. Congratz so-cal vike on the Sage Rosenfels (2) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-20-2009, 06:30 AM
  3. Congratz Freya on the Sage Rosenfels (2) G!!!
    By BadlandsVikings in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-19-2009, 11:05 AM
  4. The Official Sage Rosenfels Thread
    By mountainviking in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 121
    Last Post: 06-12-2009, 05:13 AM
  5. Vikings trading a 3rd for Sage Rosenfels?
    By FinNasty23 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2008, 08:03 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •