Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 53
  1. #31
    skum's Avatar
    skum is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    2,884
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    He is perfect for handing the ball of to All Day, All Day and then throw the deep one off the fake for the win..

    Im on Team Mallett!


    ----
    PUT IN JACKSON!

  2. #32
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "skum" #1093530
    He is perfect for handing the ball of to All Day, All Day and then throw the deep one off the fake for the win..

    Im on Team Mallett!
    Can't argue with the big arm and that he has played under Center.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #33
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093484
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1093483
    May we traded a 2nd and a 3rd to get him.
    I hear ya my friend, but you have to put yourself into the shoes of the staff with respect to where they were at at that point in time.

    Pepp had walked, so you didn't have the starter you thought you did. BJ had come in and done a nice job the year before so my guess is they thought they had a year or two in him.

    They liked Cutler (1 year Franchise Guy), Clemens (2 or 3 year guy) and TJ (4 or 5 year project).

    Fooley screwed the pooch on Cutler, which I can almost agree with cause you still had 2 on the board, one of which should be able to step in when BJ left (ala Clemens).

    Unfortunately, once you passed on Cutler, Clemens now is a bigger priority and you just goofed and let the Jets get him.

    Now your sitting there with 2 other teams between you and your next pick who also need a QB who have also brought TJ in or visited with him on campus and the only way to get him is to give up 2 picks for him.

    Again, 2 picks Cutler, 2 picks TJ. No wonder Studwell and the Chiller were so pissed and why Fooley is no long the GM (VP of Player Personnel).
    I just want to put out there for the record that when he was drafted TJ was a 2-3 year project. He didn't become a 4 year project until after the 3rd year when he was still a project and the 5 year part got thrown in there after the 4th year of not cutting it.

    If i am not mistaken he is now being retroactively projected out to a decade project.

  4. #34
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093577
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093484
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1093483
    May we traded a 2nd and a 3rd to get him.
    I hear ya my friend, but you have to put yourself into the shoes of the staff with respect to where they were at at that point in time.

    Pepp had walked, so you didn't have the starter you thought you did. BJ had come in and done a nice job the year before so my guess is they thought they had a year or two in him.

    They liked Cutler (1 year Franchise Guy), Clemens (2 or 3 year guy) and TJ (4 or 5 year project).

    Fooley screwed the pooch on Cutler, which I can almost agree with cause you still had 2 on the board, one of which should be able to step in when BJ left (ala Clemens).

    Unfortunately, once you passed on Cutler, Clemens now is a bigger priority and you just goofed and let the Jets get him.

    Now your sitting there with 2 other teams between you and your next pick who also need a QB who have also brought TJ in or visited with him on campus and the only way to get him is to give up 2 picks for him.

    Again, 2 picks Cutler, 2 picks TJ. No wonder Studwell and the Chiller were so pissed and why Fooley is no long the GM (VP of Player Personnel).
    I just want to put out there for the record that when he was drafted TJ was a 2-3 year project. He didn't become a 4 year project until after the 3rd year when he was still a project and the 5 year part got thrown in there after the 4th year of not cutting it.

    If i am not mistaken he is now being retroactively projected out to a decade project.
    Who in their right mind said a kid from that school, ranked as the 14th of 83 QBs, projected to go in the 6th or 7th round, with that experience was a 2 or a 3 year project?

    Most of the stuff out there on him leading up to the draft was blank as no one knew who he was other than the yutz's like me who follow what teams do on their workouts (other than SI who adjusted theirs right after he was drafted).
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #35
    Purple Floyd's Avatar
    Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    16,646
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093617
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093577
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093484
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1093483
    May we traded a 2nd and a 3rd to get him.
    I hear ya my friend, but you have to put yourself into the shoes of the staff with respect to where they were at at that point in time.

    Pepp had walked, so you didn't have the starter you thought you did. BJ had come in and done a nice job the year before so my guess is they thought they had a year or two in him.

    They liked Cutler (1 year Franchise Guy), Clemens (2 or 3 year guy) and TJ (4 or 5 year project).

    Fooley screwed the pooch on Cutler, which I can almost agree with cause you still had 2 on the board, one of which should be able to step in when BJ left (ala Clemens).

    Unfortunately, once you passed on Cutler, Clemens now is a bigger priority and you just goofed and let the Jets get him.

    Now your sitting there with 2 other teams between you and your next pick who also need a QB who have also brought TJ in or visited with him on campus and the only way to get him is to give up 2 picks for him.

    Again, 2 picks Cutler, 2 picks TJ. No wonder Studwell and the Chiller were so pissed and why Fooley is no long the GM (VP of Player Personnel).
    I just want to put out there for the record that when he was drafted TJ was a 2-3 year project. He didn't become a 4 year project until after the 3rd year when he was still a project and the 5 year part got thrown in there after the 4th year of not cutting it.

    If i am not mistaken he is now being retroactively projected out to a decade project.
    Who in their right mind said a kid from that school, ranked as the 14th of 83 QBs, projected to go in the 6th or 7th round, with that experience was a 2 or a 3 year project?

    Most of the stuff out there on him leading up to the draft was blank as no one knew who he was other than the yutz's like me who follow what teams do on their workouts (other than SI who adjusted theirs right after he was drafted).
    Ummmm

    First, look back at the threads when he was drafted and you will see it in black and white from certain yutzes on this site.

    Second- And try to track with me on this one- Why the hell would a coaching staff, if they thought he was a 4-5 year project, only bring in backups to that player in his 2nd and 3rd year while proclaiming him "Ready" to go in both seasons? It just doesn't add up even if your fingers are about to play the "Who Else" card.:laugh:

  6. #36
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093625
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093617
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093577
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093484
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1093483
    May we traded a 2nd and a 3rd to get him.
    I hear ya my friend, but you have to put yourself into the shoes of the staff with respect to where they were at at that point in time.

    Pepp had walked, so you didn't have the starter you thought you did. BJ had come in and done a nice job the year before so my guess is they thought they had a year or two in him.

    They liked Cutler (1 year Franchise Guy), Clemens (2 or 3 year guy) and TJ (4 or 5 year project).

    Fooley screwed the pooch on Cutler, which I can almost agree with cause you still had 2 on the board, one of which should be able to step in when BJ left (ala Clemens).

    Unfortunately, once you passed on Cutler, Clemens now is a bigger priority and you just goofed and let the Jets get him.

    Now your sitting there with 2 other teams between you and your next pick who also need a QB who have also brought TJ in or visited with him on campus and the only way to get him is to give up 2 picks for him.

    Again, 2 picks Cutler, 2 picks TJ. No wonder Studwell and the Chiller were so pissed and why Fooley is no long the GM (VP of Player Personnel).
    I just want to put out there for the record that when he was drafted TJ was a 2-3 year project. He didn't become a 4 year project until after the 3rd year when he was still a project and the 5 year part got thrown in there after the 4th year of not cutting it.

    If i am not mistaken he is now being retroactively projected out to a decade project.
    Who in their right mind said a kid from that school, ranked as the 14th of 83 QBs, projected to go in the 6th or 7th round, with that experience was a 2 or a 3 year project?

    Most of the stuff out there on him leading up to the draft was blank as no one knew who he was other than the yutz's like me who follow what teams do on their workouts (other than SI who adjusted theirs right after he was drafted).
    Ummmm

    First, look back at the threads when he was drafted and you will see it in black and white from certain yutzes on this site.
    Not from me you didn't. I was upset they missed out on Cutler and we wound up picking him.

    Second- And try to track with me on this one- Why the hell would a coaching staff, if they thought he was a 4-5 year project, only bring in backups to that player in his 2nd and 3rd year while proclaiming him "Ready" to go in both seasons? It just doesn't add up even if your fingers are about to play the "Who Else" card.:laugh:
    Try to track with me on this one (I liked that so I used it).......

    You have to play the Who else could they bring in card? Its directly related to the issue at hand.

    I know you seen it, but just in case, I did a very detailed thread on this a while ago. Truth of the matter is, no one other than someone like Garcia (career 9-7 QB), Carr (who basically was replaced by a kid who wasn't even in the game last year), Schaub (who most wouldn't have given the picks for) and Bree's (still say the timing wasn't right to get him in for a checkup before he signed with the Aints).

    So, with nothing better, the coaches shrug their shoulders and walk out to the press and say, we are going with TJ. We think he's ready, all the while, in the back of their minds their saying, we are just gonna get him reps.

    Because of those words, a few fans, who believe anything and everything (when they shouldn't) that the coaches say, hold that against the kid.

    I mean seriously, what was the Chiller supposed to say......"hey, we just couldn't find a viable starter this year so we are gonna run TJ out there before he is ready so get ready for some real whacky shit to happen".

    That would really put butts in the seats as well as give ole TJ the "Under the Bus treatment" for his brain.

    In the end, no one of any credence believed that a) TJ was a short term project, or b) that he was even close to ready. Last year should have been his "Coming out year".

    A gimped up old man and a knee knock with AD prevented that from happening. My guess, we will see it happen this year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  7. #37
    12purplepride28's Avatar
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,855
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Man, did you guys hear the Ryan Mallett thinks he can thrive here?
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

  8. #38
    jargomcfargo's Avatar
    jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,776

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093633
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093625
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093617
    Quote Originally Posted by "Purple Floyd" #1093577
    Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1093484
    Quote Originally Posted by "kevoncox" #1093483
    May we traded a 2nd and a 3rd to get him.
    I hear ya my friend, but you have to put yourself into the shoes of the staff with respect to where they were at at that point in time.

    Pepp had walked, so you didn't have the starter you thought you did. BJ had come in and done a nice job the year before so my guess is they thought they had a year or two in him.

    They liked Cutler (1 year Franchise Guy), Clemens (2 or 3 year guy) and TJ (4 or 5 year project).

    Fooley screwed the pooch on Cutler, which I can almost agree with cause you still had 2 on the board, one of which should be able to step in when BJ left (ala Clemens).

    Unfortunately, once you passed on Cutler, Clemens now is a bigger priority and you just goofed and let the Jets get him.

    Now your sitting there with 2 other teams between you and your next pick who also need a QB who have also brought TJ in or visited with him on campus and the only way to get him is to give up 2 picks for him.

    Again, 2 picks Cutler, 2 picks TJ. No wonder Studwell and the Chiller were so pissed and why Fooley is no long the GM (VP of Player Personnel).
    I just want to put out there for the record that when he was drafted TJ was a 2-3 year project. He didn't become a 4 year project until after the 3rd year when he was still a project and the 5 year part got thrown in there after the 4th year of not cutting it.

    If i am not mistaken he is now being retroactively projected out to a decade project.
    Who in their right mind said a kid from that school, ranked as the 14th of 83 QBs, projected to go in the 6th or 7th round, with that experience was a 2 or a 3 year project?

    Most of the stuff out there on him leading up to the draft was blank as no one knew who he was other than the yutz's like me who follow what teams do on their workouts (other than SI who adjusted theirs right after he was drafted).
    Ummmm

    First, look back at the threads when he was drafted and you will see it in black and white from certain yutzes on this site.
    Not from me you didn't. I was upset they missed out on Cutler and we wound up picking him.

    Second- And try to track with me on this one- Why the hell would a coaching staff, if they thought he was a 4-5 year project, only bring in backups to that player in his 2nd and 3rd year while proclaiming him "Ready" to go in both seasons? It just doesn't add up even if your fingers are about to play the "Who Else" card.:laugh:
    Try to track with me on this one (I liked that so I used it).......

    You have to play the Who else could they bring in card? Its directly related to the issue at hand.

    I know you seen it, but just in case, I did a very detailed thread on this a while ago. Truth of the matter is, no one other than someone like Garcia (career 9-7 QB), Carr (who basically was replaced by a kid who wasn't even in the game last year), Schaub (who most wouldn't have given the picks for) and Bree's (still say the timing wasn't right to get him in for a checkup before he signed with the Aints).

    So, with nothing better, the coaches shrug their shoulders and walk out to the press and say, we are going with TJ. We think he's ready, all the while, in the back of their minds their saying, we are just gonna get him reps.

    Because of those words, a few fans, who believe anything and everything (when they shouldn't) that the coaches say, hold that against the kid.

    I mean seriously, what was the Chiller supposed to say......"hey, we just couldn't find a viable starter this year so we are gonna run TJ out there before he is ready so get ready for some real whacky shit to happen".

    That would really put butts in the seats as well as give ole TJ the "Under the Bus treatment" for his brain.

    In the end, no one of any credence believed that a) TJ was a short term project, or b) that he was even close to ready. Last year should have been his "Coming out year".

    A gimped up old man and a knee knock with AD prevented that from happening. My guess, we will see it happen this year.
    Any attempts at revival of the TJ saga should be banned !

    There's no such thing as a 4 or 5 year QB project. Why would they be ready to start for you at the same time they are becoming a free agent and you have to sign them again, makes no sense?

    I thought you wanted Clemons, not Cutler.

    And getting the thread back on track, I agree, the statue holding a cannon will get hammered behind our O-line.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

  9. #39
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "jargomcfargo" #1093648
    Any attempts at revival of the TJ saga should be banned !

    There's no such thing as a 4 or 5 year QB project. Why would they be ready to start for you at the same time they are becoming a free agent and you have to sign them again, makes no sense?
    Of course there is. How long did they give the backup to Peyton?

    What I will agree with you on is there is no room for a 4 or 5 year project when you don't have a viable starter and a decent backup ahead of him.

    Once a team has that, they then have the luxury of drafting guys they like in the latter rounds and working with them until their contract is up (i.e. Voleck).

    I thought you wanted Clemons, not Cutler.
    It isn't who I wanted, its the 3 they actively scouted that year. Cutler, Clemens and TJ. I would have been over joyed to get Cutler, Happy to get Clemens (I was wrong on him) and pissed if they only got TJ (I was pissed but now I admit he was a good choice).

    And getting the thread back on track, I agree, the statue holding a cannon will get hammered behind our O-line.
    When do threads ever stay on track around here. Some of the best football discussions on this site have been in threads that have a subject line that isn't even related to that good discussion.

    Its what makes PPO great. B)
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    952

    Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

    Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1093637
    Man, did you guys hear the Ryan Mallett thinks he can thrive here?
    Nicely played sir.......

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ryan Mallett Could Be The Next Aaron Rodgers
    By HEY in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 05-02-2011, 12:33 AM
  2. NFL Draft 2011: Vikings to Add QBs Ryan Mallett or
    By Purple Floyd in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-11-2011, 07:48 PM
  3. Mallett is Better than Gabbert (Insider Article)
    By 12purplepride28 in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-21-2011, 03:54 PM
  4. Udeze believes he must prove himself again
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 06:37 PM
  5. Vikings thrive on chaos
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 05:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •