Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

I was really impressed by the organization, and the talks we had were positive, Mallett said. I enjoyed talking football with them and showing them what I know and what I can do as a quarterback. I feel thats a place where I could thrive.
    Ryan Mallett
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

b_sandhar_29 is offline Starter

Re: Ryan Mallett Believes He Could "Thrive" Here

I like what HE can be, but I don't think you risk it at 12 for him. Unless your absolutely sure he's a stud go conservative aka defense wait for a QB in the second. Or trade back get some picks pick him late in the first or early in the second.
    None

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Man is it going to be a tough call to make. He has the physical tools to be in the top 10. If he has the mental skills and we take him at 12 he could be the steal of the draft. But then again if he goes Ryan Leaf on the team that drafts him he could set a franchise back a few years.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1093332
    I like what HE can be, but I don't think you risk it at 12 for him. Unless your absolutely sure he's a stud go conservative aka defense wait for a QB in the second. Or trade back get some picks pick him late in the first or early in the second.
    Don't agree.

If there's a guy we like, and we feel confident drafting him, do NOT pass on him just because of perceived value. If we think we can move back 5-10 spots and still get him, fine. But I don't want to wait until round 2, because there's not going to be anybody worthy there.

Not sold on this kid as a #12 but in the middle of the second round I think there is value. There is no question he has the ARM, its all whether he has the head and leadership abilities.

I still think that we go Line in the first round and QB in round 2.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1093337
    Not sold on this kid as a #12 but in the middle of the second round I think there is value. There is no question he has the ARM, its all whether he has the head and leadership abilities.

He's not going to be there in the second.

12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

I'm not a fan of trading back because of what people think his value is. If Frazier believes he's our guy then we don't risk missing out on him to get another pick. Take him if we like him, or trade up to get him from the second. But don't miss out on him because of his "value".
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093336
    Quote Originally Posted by "b_sandhar_29" #1093332
    Don't agree.

If there's a guy we like, and we feel confident drafting him, do NOT pass on him just because of perceived value. If we think we can move back 5-10 spots and still get him, fine. But I don't want to wait until round 2, because there's not going to be anybody worthy there.
    I agree that with you that if we like a guy they better take him at 12. What I'm not onboard with is the thought of moving back.

Like it or not, teams are going to put a high value on every pick this year. No one, IMHO is going to be there at 12 that would warrant a team moving up to get.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1093340
    Quote Originally Posted by "slavinator" #1093337

He's not going to be there in the second.
    My guess, no one worth taking at 43 will be there in the second.

Again, the consensus is that there are 8 "Franchise" QB's in this draft. All will require some time and work, but they are there. Question is, when do you take one.

The way I see the draft going, if we like on, we'd better take him at 12 cause he ain't gonna be there later and the hopes of trading down with someone is even slimmer than getting a kid at 43.

If you don't feel comfortable taking one at 12 (and atleast one more), then you better use the 12th to go out and try to get a kid like Kolb.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by "12purplepride28" #1093349
    I'm not a fan of trading back because of what people think his value is. If Frazier believes he's our guy then we don't risk missing out on him to get another pick. Take him if we like him, or trade up to get him from the second. But don't miss out on him because of his "value".
    Don't want to seem like I am picking on you my friend. I just don't know if I can go through another coaches tenure with everyone blaming the HC for not getting it right when it comes to the QB position.

Long story short, it isn't a "Frazier" call. This is a organizations call.

The Public Relations dept, the Medical Dept, Bryzcheapski, Scouts, Coaches, VP of Player Personnel, heck even the owner, will have a say in this pick, just like they have done in the past.

No team, lets the HC make decisions like this all by himself. No team my friend.

Again, not picking on you, just had to get on my soapbox one more time.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast