Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: rumors from packerland involving the pack and vikes

Then the author of the tidbits above jumped into his truck, put his arm around his favorite sheep and headed up to Makeout Point!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I highly doubt that Randy Moss would go to the Packers... If the asking price for Moss is a 3rd rd pick, and a mid level player, then almost any team in the NFL that needs WR help would look at Moss.. Therefore, Moss would not go to the Packers..

I don't know how much stock to put into this rumor, but why in the hell would we be interested in Clinton Portis? We have our RB in Chester Taylor.. Taylor gained over 1200 yards rushing, and that was with missing game time, and not that great of an O-Line.. If we get that worked out, Taylor could easily be a 1500+ yard back a year..

Portis is a hell of a weapon when he is healthy!

i really like Chester but I would trade them Chester Taylor for him straight up.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Nah.
    I would rather have Chester.
    If he can put up 1200 yards without a deep threat on offense, then he is definitely a stud.
    Childress and co. deserve kudos for bringing him in.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

skins wouldnt do that we'd be
    better off trading them players for draft pics.. the get rid of em every year.. are you joking ud take chester over portis???

Thanks josdin00

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

A friend Told me we were going to Trade Mewelde Moore for LaDanain Tomlinson!
    Full of Sarcasm!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

well my friend told me we are tradin mewelde for tomlinson and merrimen

Thanks josdin00

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

I heard the whizzinator is coming back and Chester and Tarvaris are going to the Canadians.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

"Acumen" wrote:
    I heard the whizzinator is coming back and Chester and Tarvaris are going to the Canadians.
    His suspension is up now isnt it??? We should get him back! J/K

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Nah.
    I would rather have Chester.
    If he can put up 1200 yards without a deep threat on offense, then he is definitely a stud.
    Childress and co. deserve kudos for bringing him in.

Sorry Nodak i would ahve to take Portis

1508 rushing yards
    364 recieving yards
    17 TD's
    1591 rushing yards
    314 recieving yards
    14 TD's
    1315 rushing yards
    235 recieving yards

TD's
    (15 games)
    1516 rushing yards
    216 recieving yards
    11 TD's

2006 he was hurt in preseason and never was healthy the entire season, he played some game but his numbers were down.

Still would trade him for Chester and I like Chester but Portis is a weapon.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

MVIKING7 is offline Pro-Bowler

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    Sent to me by a Packer fan......
    Some interesting stuff from "the other side"....
    not sure if there is merit to any of it............. (wouldnt mind seeing the Porter for Smoot thing go down!)

Arrigo runs a radio show and gets scope on NFL transaction .. thought I would pass this one since it might effect some of your teams.

What he said >>>

"I was told last night by a source that Cleveland wants the #1 pick, and if they were to obtain it it would be JaMarcus Russell. He and Phil Savage are close (they are form the same town) and would like to be reunited (like Peaches and Herb).

A deal would have to be the Browns having the #3 pick (ahead of TB) and a 2nd, 2nd next year and an offensive player. The Raiders would then select Calvin Johnson (assuming the Lions take Quinn at the #2 spot). I have also learned the Raiders like Troy Smith alot and would use there 2nd round pick (#33) on him is available.

The Raiders will move Moss this off season from what I was told, teams of intrest in him, the Packers, Tennesse, NYJ, Miami, Jacksonville, Buffalo, NYG, Baltimore, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and KC.

Minnesota really like D.J. (Dwayne Jarrett) and thinks he is a bigger, faster Chris Carter. They have reservations of Ginn, he reminds them of WR Troy Williamson, who has been a bust so far.

Another post by him ......
    The Redskins will actively shop Portis this off-season, team that might have interest: the PACKERS, Broncos, Raiders, Cleveland, Texans, Dallas (highly unlikely), Minnesota, Jets, Baltimore and the Lions.

The Raiders have indeed talked to a few teams about Moss (the Packers being one of them) and the price as of right now is a 3rd and a mid-level player. That could change depending on Al Davis' mood and what they decide to do in the draft.

[size=12pt]The Raiders and Vikings are talking about a Jerry Porter for Fred Smoot deal. [/size]

The Queens' want to rid themselves of high priced, "problematic" players. Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper, Napoleon Harris, Jim Kleinsasser, Jermaine Wiggins, Troy Williamson, and Marcus Johnson were the players mentioned to me.

Porter for Smoot??? Do I have to give my first born too? If not.....make the deal NOW!!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast