Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

rumors from packerland involving the pack and vikes

Sent to me by a Packer fan......
    Some interesting stuff from "the other side"....
    not sure if there is merit to any of it............. (wouldnt mind seeing the Porter for Smoot thing go down!)

Arrigo runs a radio show and gets scope on NFL transaction .. thought I would pass this one since it might effect some of your teams.

What he said >>>

"I was told last night by a source that Cleveland wants the #1 pick, and if they were to obtain it it would be JaMarcus Russell. He and Phil Savage are close (they are form the same town) and would like to be reunited (like Peaches and Herb).

A deal would have to be the Browns having the #3 pick (ahead of TB) and a 2nd, 2nd next year and an offensive player. The Raiders would then select Calvin Johnson (assuming the Lions take Quinn at the #2 spot). I have also learned the Raiders like Troy Smith alot and would use there 2nd round pick (#33) on him is available.

The Raiders will move Moss this off season from what I was told, teams of intrest in him, the Packers, Tennesse, NYJ, Miami, Jacksonville, Buffalo, NYG, Baltimore, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and KC.

Minnesota really like D.J. (Dwayne Jarrett) and thinks he is a bigger, faster Chris Carter. They have reservations of Ginn, he reminds them of WR Troy Williamson, who has been a bust so far.

Another post by him ......
    The Redskins will actively shop Portis this off-season, team that might have interest: the PACKERS, Broncos, Raiders, Cleveland, Texans, Dallas (highly unlikely), Minnesota, Jets, Baltimore and the Lions.

The Raiders have indeed talked to a few teams about Moss (the Packers being one of them) and the price as of right now is a 3rd and a mid-level player. That could change depending on Al Davis' mood and what they decide to do in the draft.

[size=12pt]The Raiders and Vikings are talking about a Jerry Porter for Fred Smoot deal. [/size]

The Queens' want to rid themselves of high priced, "problematic" players. Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper, Napoleon Harris, Jim Kleinsasser, Jermaine Wiggins, Troy Williamson, and Marcus Johnson were the players mentioned to me.

I'd much rather see the Packers miss the playoffs because of their talent then because of their injuries.

PurplePeopleEaters is offline Jersey Retired

Re: rumors from packerland involving the pack and vikes

Since Bono was able to get a job sportswriting there, I won't trust anything that comes from their mouths.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

If it doesn't come from the ballboy I don't believe it for a second.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

Yeah I'm not going to put any stock into that.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

If it was sent to you buy Packer fan then all of it is crap, but I won't be surprised if Jimmy K goes and is seen working at the pasta plant back home.

1800CULPEPPER is offline Starter

The Queens' want to rid themselves of high priced, "problematic" players. Fred Smoot, Darren Sharper, Napoleon Harris, Jim Kleinsasser, Jermaine Wiggins, Troy Williamson, and Marcus Johnson were the players mentioned to me.

[/quote]

Since when were these guys "problematic"? ???
    I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it!!

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikefanman2000" wrote:
    Sent to me by a Packer fan......
    Some interesting stuff from "the other side"....
    not sure if there is merit to any of it............. (wouldnt mind seeing the Porter for Smoot thing go down!)

Arrigo runs a radio show and gets scope on NFL transaction .. thought I would pass this one since it might effect some of your teams.

What he said >>>

"I was told last night by a source that Cleveland wants the #1 pick, and if they were to obtain it it would be JaMarcus Russell. He and Phil Savage are close (they are form the same town) and would like to be reunited (like Peaches and Herb).

A deal would have to be the Browns having the #3 pick (ahead of TB) and a 2nd, 2nd next year and an offensive player. The Raiders would then select Calvin Johnson (assuming the Lions take Quinn at the #2 spot). I have also learned the Raiders like Troy Smith alot and would use there 2nd round pick (#33) on him is available.

The Raiders will move Moss this off season from what I was told, teams of intrest in him, the Packers, Tennesse, NYJ, Miami, Jacksonville, Buffalo, NYG, Baltimore, Atlanta, Tampa Bay, and KC.

Minnesota really like D.J. (Dwayne Jarrett) and thinks he is a bigger, faster Chris Carter. They have reservations of Ginn, he reminds them of WR Troy Williamson, who has been a bust so far.

Another post by him ......
    The Redskins will actively shop Portis this off-season, team that might have interest: the PACKERS, Broncos, Raiders, Cleveland, Texans, Dallas (highly unlikely), Minnesota, Jets, Baltimore and the Lions.

The Raiders have indeed talked to a few teams about Moss (the Packers being one of them) and the price as of right now is a 3rd and a mid-level player. That could change depending on Al Davis' mood and what they decide to do in the draft.

[size=12pt]The Raiders and Vikings are talking about a Jerry Porter for Fred Smoot deal. [/size]

The Raiders need a starting QB I can't see them passing up Russell or Quinn even if they like Troy Smith especially after the game last night.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

LOL.
    Can you imaging Moss going to the Packers?
    It would be like Fav-re coming here.
    The fans would revolt.
    Most of them still haven't forgiven him for the Moss Moon!
    I might just have to troll over to the packer boards and bring this up just to get a reaction. ;D

Wow...
    If moss ever came back to the dome in green and gold... it would be an ugly, ugly day.

Anyway, I am starting to lean slightly more toward the Dwayne Jarrett bandwagon.
    I actually would rather not see a WR drafted in the first unless Calvin falls to us, but the more I hear rumblings around the league, the more I think this is a possibility.

And the Porter for Moss thing is just regurgitation of the article that the Pioneer Press printed in the "Don't Print That!" section.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

SKOL is offline Ring of Fame

Who the $%&* are the Queens?
    Can't be a reputable source.

The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good -Samuel Johnson - lexicographer
    The word genius isn t applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein - Joe Theisman

gr8vike is offline Asst. Coach

Its all Crap, Moss a Packer???? Yeah Right!

Thanks PPE for the Sig

Fighting on the Internet is like competing in the Special Olympics, even if you win, you are still mentally challenged!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast