Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    peterson-rox28 is offline Pro-Bowler

Re: Round 3: Vikings select Asher Allen

How many Ints do you think Allen will have this year?

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"peterson-rox28" wrote:
    How many Ints do you think Allen will have this year?
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

MetalMike-LoudVike is offline Hall of Famer

Another Young Corner Solid Pick up. Its just more apparent Winfield wont be a Viking after this year.
    IN THE PITS ON THE RIVER BEDS EVRY VIKING FAN WILL RISE & VAHALLA SHALL REJOICE WITH THE MOST GLORIOUS PRIZE LOMBARDI'S TROPHY

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"MetalMike-LoudVike" wrote:
    Another Young Corner Solid Pick up. Its just more apparent Winfield wont be a Viking after this year.
    If he has another pro-bowl year he will be. I think everyone whose down on Winfield will feel silly come the regular season. He was 31 last year and still one of the best players on the team, is 32 the falloff point or something?

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"jessejames09" wrote:
    If he has another pro-bowl year he will be. I think everyone whose down on Winfield will feel silly come the regular season. He was 31 last year and still one of the best players on the team, is 32 the falloff point or something?
    I can easily see Winfield playing another 3 to 4 years more for us.
    Hell, if our staff held on to Sharper for as long as they did, what makes anyone think they wouldn't do the same with Winfield?
    Unless, someone out plays him in camp and on the field during game time.

He's got plenty in that tank still.

NN

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jessejames09" wrote:
    I don't think anyone is down on but rather kindof reading between the lines a bit.
    When I do that, I kindof get the feeling his demands must be a bit more than the FO wants to pay right now....
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I don't think anyone is down on but rather kindof reading between the lines a bit.
    When I do that, I kindof get the feeling his demands must be a bit more than the FO wants to pay right now....
    That could easily be true Marr.
    More and more, with each passing season in all pro sports, the Almighty $ is the bottom line and final answer to almost all if's and's or but's, when it comes to players coming, staying, or going.....

To me, it's all so very sad.
    The biggest thing I miss about NFL Football, is the days when a player was drafted or walked on to a team, was signed to be a member of that team, and would play his whole career with that team. Yup, I really miss the old days of true team chemistry, and players playing their whole career together in many cases......

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NordicNed" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    That could easily be true Marr.
    More and more, with each passing season in all pro sports, the Almighty $ is the bottom line and final answer to almost all if's and's or but's, when it comes to players coming, staying, or going.....

To me, it's all so very sad.
    The biggest thing I miss about NFL Football, is the days when a player was drafted or walked on to a team, was signed to be a member of that team, and would play his whole career with that team. Yup, I really miss the old days of true team chemistry, and players playing their whole career together in many cases......
    I hear ya Ned, however, with the increase in CAP and the possibility of a Uncapped year coming, one would think a guy like Whinny could get a deal done that would make both teams happy.

My guess, again all speculation on my part, is that Whinny is looking for that last big windfall and is probably out of the area that the staff wants to allocate to him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:
    I can't like a player any less just because it's his contract year. If i we're in the front offices shoes I would want to see how he performs this year before starting negotiations with a 32 year old player. If he performance decreases so will he contract, It's just not good business to renew a guy right after a pro-bowl year, when you get another look-see for relatively cheap.

Looking at thing from AW's perspective he should really want to stay in MN, our defense fits him to a T.

I'm not worried about it. AW love will be flowing strong by mid-season imo, and so will the cash into his bank account.

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

I hope we give AW a two year contract, so we can bring guys like Asher up to speed slowly building his playing time. If Allen proves he can play immediately, then AW will cover the slot with Allen outside. We have some debth at CB now, so it's a matter of time before someone seperates from the pack. Our scheme fits Allen's style of play, but I look for many different looks this year, maybe even a three/ four alignment to shake up things. We have the debth at enough positions now to show many different fronts with zone/ man/ press, coverages.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast