Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Re: Booty could get starting job in pre-season

Booty could get starting job in pre-season
    Have you got any stats from Madden 2008 to back up your claim?

:P

I love how you failed to complete the sentence;

Chilly later went on to say that if Booty shows it in the pre-season...

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

No way Booty starts this year unless all of the QBs in front of him get injured. This is similar to the threads that cropped up after TJ was drafted and Brad Johnson had his first loss of the season. Let him just come in and learn and see how things go from there, if TJ struggles this year then they may be a reason to look at Booty moving up the pecking order for next season but not before that. If TJ plays well then lets get Booty up to speed to be the #2 and, for the first time in recent years, we'll have a younger and fairly able backup.
    I'm all for optimism about a player but lets at least try and have some grasp of reality when it comes to making assessments.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

StillPurple is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Rookie quarterbacks could make immediate impact

Well, some points:

a. I also don't really care that much about who plays QB, if we get the "W"
    b. I will admit it if Tarvaris proves me wrong. Until then.. :
    c. Tom Brady was a 4th-round pick I think, and started his first season, after "everyone" said he had no track record in the NFL and was thus a 3rd stringer
    d. Booty is like Matt Schaub, and will fit our system very well (he already knows the offense from USC, and so doesn't have to learn it from scratch). I agree that Booty would not fit many offenses (Raiders, etc.). But he fits ours very well.

Someone posted a video of Booty's screwups. But hey, I could (but won't) post a video of Tarvaris vs. the Redskins last year.

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"StillPurple" wrote:
    Well, some points:

a. I also don't really care that much about who plays QB, if we get the "W"
    b. I will admit it if Tarvaris proves me wrong. Until then.. :
    c. Tom Brady was a 4th-round pick I think, and started his first season, after "everyone" said he had no track record in the NFL and was thus a 3rd stringer
    d. Booty is like Matt Schaub, and will fit our system very well (he already knows the offense from USC, and so doesn't have to learn it from scratch). I agree that Booty would not fit many offenses (Raiders, etc.). But he fits ours very well.

Someone posted a video of Booty's screwups. But hey, I could (but won't) post a video of Tarvaris vs. the Redskins last year.
    Tom Brady was a sixth round pick, and he didn't start until his second season.
    And he didn't win the starting position, he was thrust in via injury, and played surprisingly well.
    Next.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I am going on the record as saying that TJack should be the starter going into training camp and if he progresses like we anticipate, he should easily retain the starting QB job.
    However, never say never, lest you want to appear foolish should Booty just totally surprise everyone.
    That being said, don't hold your breath either in anticipation of him doing this.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"DJDozier" wrote:
    My thinking? There's a reason JDB fell to the fifth round amongst a thin field of QBs. He's mediocre at best and has very little upside.

If TJ continues to grow, and he did show spurts late last season, he can at least ascend to adequate and maybe all the way to above average. I have a hunch that while he's probably not gonna be in the pro bowl, he's gonna make big enough strides to become a solid asset. He could use a decent TE but....

Very nice first post my friend.
    Welcome to the site.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

aaeyers is offline Pro-Bowler

I struggle to understand how people can imagine a scenario where a 5th round rookie quarterback would have any shot at starting over Jackson or even Frerrotte.

"aaeyers" wrote:
    I struggle to understand how people can imagine a scenario where a 5th round rookie quarterback would have any shot at starting over Jackson or even Frerrotte.
    Lump me in with that struggle.

My guess is that it stems from a complete missunderstanding of what the current staff is trying to do with thier current starter and the downside that us fans see when doing it.

Without getting into details.....My assumption is that the downside we have been subjected to of late will be alleviated as the coaching staff goes over all the tape and extra classroom study with him, our WR's, TE's RB's and OL.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Tom Brady was a sixth round pick, and he didn't start until his second season.
    And he didn't win the starting position, he was thrust in via injury, and played surprisingly well.
    Next.
    LOL, thats what we call "Snapage in the anal orfice" in a card game called Tunk when you get caught.
    ;D

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "aaeyers" wrote:
    Lump me in with that struggle.

My guess is that it stems from a complete missunderstanding of what the current staff is trying to do with thier current starter and the downside that us fans see when doing it.

Without getting into details.....My assumption is that the downside we have been subjected to of late will be alleviated as the coaching staff goes over all the tape and extra classroom study with him, our WR's, TE's RB's and OL.
    ;D
    I agree.
    He may very well have a chance at starting in 09 or 10 (more likely 10), but not this year unless both TJack and Frerotte go down with injury (hey, it happened last year with TJack and Holcomb).
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast