Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rookie Combine

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Rookie Combine

"tastywaves" wrote:
    Keep the faith in Maroney Vikez. He's a great running back and one of the few guys in the draft that can be featured as an every down guy. RB's just ain't as sexy in today's NFL as they used to be, unless you're a freak like Reggie Bush.

U know it man..

Im gonna be a Laurence fan wherever he goes.. And regardless on how he does..

He was so fun to watch in college repping the U of M!

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

I'd like us ta get DeAngelo Williams. All the scouting reports on him are great. Maroney would be a good ting. I'd just like DeAngelo Williams a liddle more.
    "From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

tastywaves is offline Ring of Fame

"OldManVike" wrote:
    I'd like us ta get DeAngelo Williams. All the scouting reports on him are great. Maroney would be a good ting. I'd just like DeAngelo Williams a liddle more.
    Another good choice. If we go RB with our first pick I'd be happy with Williams, Maroney or White. Probably in that order. White is a banger and can carry the load no doubt and would have been great to have last year, when banging was the only way to get anything. However, he's not as explosive as the other two, so as a fan of the running game I'd take Williams and Maroney first for the excitement factor.

If Laurence comes in and runs a 4.3 his stock shoots up. People have him at 4.5 with LenDale, and I find that absolutely ridiculous.

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

You guys might think this is crazy but I like Terry Caulley from ConnecticutT as our running back...he reminds me of Thurman Thomas...im not kidding you...5'10 200...can catch...can run...is explosive...just saying maybe a really nice sleeper for the Vikes to think about

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

Personally, I do not put much weight into the combine.

A true measure of a football players takes place on the field. You are not going to have a bench press at the 50 yard line and there is a lot to say for "heart" which you cannot measure.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    Personally, I do not put much weight into the combine.

A true measure of a football players takes place on the field. You are not going to have a bench press at the 50 yard line and there is a lot to say for "heart" which you cannot measure.
    I agree Ultra. It makes for good speculation and good TV talk, but there are a lot of things it doesn't take into account.

To me it's things like the combine that make the NBA suck (I know they don't have an NBA combine but you'll see what I mean). In the NBA they draft so much on potential and physical ability rather than on court production. That leads to guys like KG, Kobe and a few others, but it also results in a whole bunch of guys turning out like Kwame Brown or Darko Milicic. I'd much rather draft a guy who is so-so physically, but who played very well in college and has a good head on his shoulders and can contribute immediately than a guy who is a beast physically but has had just OK production.

I really don't want to see the NFL turn out like the NBA where we draft guys on pure potential rather than skill. I think because of the nature of the sport it won't happen that way, but I guess it's possible.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"nephilimstorm" wrote:
    You guys might think this is crazy but I like Terry Caulley from ConnecticutT as our running back...he reminds me of Thurman Thomas...im not kidding you...5'10 200...can catch...can run...is explosive...just saying maybe a really nice sleeper for the Vikes to think about
    Interesting...can we get him with our lucky 4th rounder??? :grin:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

nephilimstorm is offline Star Spokesman

lol...thankjs cajun...i think

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"Vikez4Lyfe" wrote:
    I think Maroney is gonna surprise some people.. Everyone is saying he is a product of the system.. Watching him first hand I know he has the tools to be a good back.. Maybe even the top back in this years draft.. Well maybe not over Reggie.. But still someone who is overlooked and could be a very good and explosive player..

BTW does the combine start today? And do u have to have NFL network to watch?
    reggie bush is a product of the system, their offensive line and down field blocking for usc made him look better than he is.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12