AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Roger Goodell: Draft 'a special moment'

Roger Goodell: Draft 'a special moment'

Multiple league sources told Schefter on Monday that the NFLPA is putting into place a plan that would prevent each top college prospect from attending the draft. According to the sources, the 17 top prospects who ordinarily would have received an invitation to attend the draft have been contacted and it was recommended that they not attend.
    and I'd like to see the union work out who the top 17 prospects are for their invites - hell all the mock drafts so far have their first rounds different :laugh:
    So instead of sitting in the green room the draftees get to sit in Fat Sams bar? Maybe they can get McKinnie to arrange the 'entertainment' between each draft announcement and Favre to offer around the bowl of popcorn - after all he's good for handing out picks :P
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Roger Goodell: Draft 'a special moment'

From what I heard on Mike and MIke yesterday morning, this sure didn't go over well with the fans.

First, didn't the union decertify?

If so, there isn't a union. How can a union that isn't a union tell workers, who don't belong to the union that isn't a union, what to do?

Second, this is about the kids achieving something they have worked for, in most cases, most of their lives. Why in the world would anyone want to steal that away from them, just cause they have an ax to grind over some money........

THIRD AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.........

I thought you guys/gals were trying to convince that yutz Marrdro that the players play the game cause they love it, and not for the MONEY.....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAH AH
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1091746
    From what I heard on Mike and MIke yesterday morning, this sure didn't go over well with the fans.

Yes, but it was in name only. If the owners make that contention in court, they can prevent the non-union union from seeing their books AND maintain a lock out.

If so, there isn't a union. How can a union that isn't a union tell workers, who don't belong to the union that isn't a union, what to do?
    As silly as that sentence appears, that's sentence moved you back onto the spread sheet....

...oh wait....I don't use a spread sheet....

Fact is, actions like that are what will support the owners contention that the Union decertified in name only as a legal ploy - which everyone knew already.

Second, this is about the kids achieving something they have worked for, in most cases, most of their lives. Why in the world would anyone want to steal that away from them, just cause they have an ax to grind over some money........
    Because when greedy bastards are involved in a fight with other greedy bastards over money, they assume that everyone prioritizes their side of the fight over everything else. Never mind that being in the top of the NFL draft is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the greedy bastards have found a way to make this a statement about money.

Since they have done so, I propose we place a wage cap BY POSITION on every player in the NFL...we'll base it off the US Military pay scale, and set the cap at 2 million per year. If you're a Guard with more than 5 years, you get X amount...over 6 years, X amount...etc. That'll end all the excessive wage talk, all the free agency excess, and the ridiculous greedy nature of the Union.

Then, the excess profits can go towards Owners buying their OWN stadiums, and legacy costs for former players with more than 3 years service.

I thought you guys/gals were trying to convince that yutz Marrdro that the players play the game cause they love it, and not for the MONEY.....

I don't recall ever saying that. I said that from a greedy perspective, it's stupid to sand bag a season because you'll make LESS based upon your sandbagged stats.

Screw them all, I think the whole whining lot makes way too much as is.

Caine

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Caine" #1091764

Yes, but it was in name only. If the owners make that contention in court, they can prevent the non-union union from seeing their books AND maintain a lock out.

As silly as that sentence appears, that's sentence moved you back onto the spread sheet....

...oh wait....I don't use a spread sheet....

Fact is, actions like that are what will support the owners contention that the Union decertified in name only as a legal ploy - which everyone knew already.

Because when greedy bastards are involved in a fight with other greedy bastards over money, they assume that everyone prioritizes their side of the fight over everything else. Never mind that being in the top of the NFL draft is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, the greedy bastards have found a way to make this a statement about money.

Since they have done so, I propose we place a wage cap BY POSITION on every player in the NFL...we'll base it off the US Military pay scale, and set the cap at 2 million per year. If you're a Guard with more than 5 years, you get X amount...over 6 years, X amount...etc. That'll end all the excessive wage talk, all the free agency excess, and the ridiculous greedy nature of the Union.

Then, the excess profits can go towards Owners buying their OWN stadiums, and legacy costs for former players with more than 3 years service.

I don't recall ever saying that. I said that from a greedy perspective, it's stupid to sand bag a season because you'll make LESS based upon your sandbagged stats.

Screw them all, I think the whole whining lot makes way too much as is.

Caine
    You brought your "A" game today I see. Again, good to see you back to your old self. :laugh:

Two things....

First...Love the spreadsheet comment. Well played.

Second, the part about the "Playing for the love of the game" wasn't specifically directed at you. It was more of a poke in the eye to the ones who did say it.

They know who they are. :laugh:
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

That sentence moved you back more than the spreadsheet.. more like like off the screen and onto the abacus :woohoo:

simple in one word intimidation. Once this is all resolved then these draftees will have to play with their older breathren. They'll find blocks not being made, passes not coming their way etc etc. Unfortunately the Mannings, Brees & Bradys of this world have a lot of clout with the teams and owners and they'll dictate how the draftees are treated.
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Holy selective listening batman.. I know that's a direct jab at me. I'm saying, SOME players actually do play for the love of the game, but you constantly try and claim I'm incorrect.

But just because you can't get paid millions to play a game, feel free to feel bitter.