Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re:Rock's (Way Too Early) Mock Draft

Prophet wrote:
    Don't even try to tell me that terrence cody would not be a great replacement for phat pat when he goes out to pasture and lets his taint dry. lmao, this guy is a beast and a player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_8YV45pQog

lmao, I'm already laughing thinking about him smothering Ryan Grant.
    Damn, the minions messed up and have youtube working on this box....... :woohoo:

Anyway, I like the vid and really thought this cat would be a nice fit, however, it seems that even though he chases down a collegiate player here, the line on him is that he can't do that consistently enough at that level and in the end, he won't be able to do it at the next level were everyone is faster and stronger......

Terrence Cody, Alabama - Scouting Report
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 370.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.50.
    Projected Round (2010): 1-2.
    1/26/10: Terrence Cody weighed in at 370 at the Senior Bowl. This is a concern, but with quality nose tackles being so rare, Cody still has a shot at the first round.

11/20/09: Did a great job losing some weight this year and has shown more effort on the field. He's likely the only stud nose tackle who will be available this offseason, so even though he's only a two-down player, he'll be a hot commodity.

5/19/09: Terrence Cody has been accused of not being in shape and taking plays off, but he's still a first-round prospect; it's not like talented nose tackles grow on trees.

11/23/08: Terrence Cody said he's not declaring early, but once he discovers that he has a great shot at being drafted in the top 15, he could reconsider. Cody is a monstrous run-stuffer and should be a Kris Jenkins-like difference-maker at the next level.
    I am sure that all of this will change 3 or 4 times between now and draft day.

DE Draft Prospects
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Marrdro wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Don't even try to tell me that terrence cody would not be a great replacement for phat pat when he goes out to pasture and lets his taint dry. lmao, this guy is a beast and a player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_8YV45pQog

lmao, I'm already laughing thinking about him smothering Ryan Grant.
    Damn, the minions messed up and have youtube working on this box....... :woohoo:

Anyway, I like the vid and really thought this cat would be a nice fit, however, it seems that even though he chases down a collegiate player here, the line on him is that he can't do that consistently enough at that level and in the end, he won't be able to do it at the next level were everyone is faster and stronger......

Terrence Cody, Alabama - Scouting Report
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 370.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.50.
    Projected Round (2010): 1-2.
    1/26/10: Terrence Cody weighed in at 370 at the Senior Bowl. This is a concern, but with quality nose tackles being so rare, Cody still has a shot at the first round.

11/20/09: Did a great job losing some weight this year and has shown more effort on the field. He's likely the only stud nose tackle who will be available this offseason, so even though he's only a two-down player, he'll be a hot commodity.

5/19/09: Terrence Cody has been accused of not being in shape and taking plays off, but he's still a first-round prospect; it's not like talented nose tackles grow on trees.

11/23/08: Terrence Cody said he's not declaring early, but once he discovers that he has a great shot at being drafted in the top 15, he could reconsider. Cody is a monstrous run-stuffer and should be a Kris Jenkins-like difference-maker at the next level.
    I am sure that all of this will change 3 or 4 times between now and draft day.

DE Draft Prospects
    I'm still in his camp. I saw him play a few games live and eyeballed his playing style and liked it. He has a skill set and needs a little NFL-style conditioning and training and he would fill the line for years to come. I'm staying in his corner and I rarely am sniffing college players. He just stands out from the heap in my book.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Like any pick, but especially one with questions like a Harvin or Cody, you have to do your homework. Talk to his coaches, family, and obviously to the kid directly. Does he have the motivation to stay in shape and dominate? Will he respond to coaching? Or will he blow off his team to eat Big Macs go party!?!???

Can't say I'm a fan of any of this years QBs, and there are other teams in rebuilding modes with new coaches...which very often, leads to new QBs. Sitting at 30 doesn't give us a ton of options...depending on who is there, maybe, we move back for an extra 2nd or 3rd...? I'd like to see a combo platter of DT and CB early: Terrence Cody and Patrick Robinson might be had early in the 2nd...?

Thing about DTs tho...there's only so many 300+ lb guys who can move, and they always creep up the board come draft day!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234