Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Moss81 is offline Waterboy

Re:Rock's (Way Too Early) Mock Draft

Not a great Patriots pick. They need a DE, OLB, or maybe even OG.

The Vikings pick is good, but I would much rather take Mike Iupati, OG. He is going to be a beast and Herrera is by far the weak link on this team, often getting blown up behind the line of scrimmage.
    None

kjdaddy is offline Pro-Bowler

How bout a QB?? Here is a nice scenario...

Brett does come back and helps us win our 1st Superbowl. Meanwhile, he helps our future by mentoring our new young QB that we draft this year.

Tim Tibow reminds me of Brett. QB that plays like a linebacker.

or Colt McCoy in the 2nd round? Watcha think.

Prophet wrote:
    Don't even try to tell me that terrence cody would not be a great replacement for phat pat when he goes out to pasture and lets his taint dry. lmao, this guy is a beast and a player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_8YV45pQog

lmao, I'm already laughing thinking about him smothering Ryan Grant.
    His lateral agility is nowhere near as good as Pats.

Maybe if he gets down to 340 he would, but I haven't seen anything from him to indicate he has the agility of Phat Pat.

Zeus wrote:
    Prophet wrote:
    Don't even try to tell me that terrence cody would not be a great replacement for phat pat when he goes out to pasture and lets his taint dry. lmao, this guy is a beast and a player.
    We already have a replacement for Phat Pat on the roster - his name is Jimmy Kennedy.

=Z=
    Kennedy was really disruptive this year and seemed to always be in the backfield but I think he overruns the plays too often. If he can be more disciplined I definitely see him starting next year (if Pat retires)

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I thought Kennedy played very well this year; a pleasant surprise. He has shown enough for us not to go to "panic mode" if/when Pat retires.

I strongly feel we are pretty well STUCK putting our 1st rounder in to a QB; we don't have 3 years to groom somebody and the value tends to drop off quickly after round one. I don't see us having to use a 1st rounder on a guard, personally. They're just not that highly valued. Also, I don't think we're stuck using a 1st rounder at DT anymore, either. Besides, with 2 DTs projecting top 5 picks from what I've seen, I'd guess the value will be poor at that point.

FA is the other thing we much look at. There are a couple of solutions at DT out there. I have not looked at G, though. There is not a viable solution I am aware of at QB.

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

Moss81 wrote:

The Vikings pick is good, but I would much rather take Mike Iupati, OG. He is going to be a beast and Herrera is by far the weak link on this team, often getting blown up behind the line of scrimmage.
    I actually like this pick... we have plenty of playmakers on offense... I'd use the 1st rounder on either the O Line or D Line and I feel we're deeper on the D Line. A great O Line will make any QB, any RB look better.

Our entire D... it's really tough... we don't play a D where there's going to be play makers outside of the D Line... no need for a shut down corner or a ball hawking safety... I don't know how serious EJ's injury is... but I wouldn't mind seeing a LB who specializes in blitzing ala Clay Matthews. Our LBs seem to be weak in covering TEs and weak at effectively blitzing the QB. But when you consider the overall talent of our starting 3, it's hard to justify a high pick for that specialized talent.

I'd go Center or RG with the 1st pick.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

I think we need to go QB in 1st round.

Move Winfield to S, find a CB in FA.

I like Kennedy plus we have Robison who has seen time at DT. I also like Fred Evans. I think Pat comes back if Favre does.

I am not sure about the OL. I am stuck on what to do there. Something needs to be change. I think it is the way we block.

Oh yeah, bring in Kampman. Resign Taylor and use him until Peterson gets his shit together.

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

I think he should be a second rounder

He doesn't seem to move around very well

If we could get him with our second id do that

Even has a hard time picking himself up off the ground ha

Moss81 wrote:

My reasoning behind the Pats pick is this. In my scenario, you have Bulaga on the board. He's being rated from the 2nd best tackle behind Okung to the 4th best tackle. To get him at 22 would be a steal, in my eyes.

And it's not just one of the BPA at that point, it's also going to be a need (very soon). You have Matt Light playing LT, who is breaking down by the season. He's their Chad Clifton, if you will. You have no replacement in line, at all, at the LT position. Their RT is very average, as well. He could jump right in at RT, get groomed a little, and play LT in a year or two.

Next to that, the Pats have three 2nd round picks, of which two are in the top half. The way it looks now, one of those picks could easily turn into Sergio Kindle or even, maybe, Graham, if he doesn't continue to dominate at the Senior Bowl. Those are two quality players. Selvish Capers will be gone before they pick and they'll be stuck without an OT in this draft.

As for the Vikings pick, I agree now. Iutapi has to be the pick if he's still there. The way he's beasting it up at the Senior Bowl is just amazing. That doesn't mean that I think Terrence Cody is a bad pick right now. Just look at my previous defense, it's still very valid.
    "You can look pretty smart if you have a knack for planning ahead. That's Ted. The Packers are in good hands." - Ron Wolf

Moss81 is offline Waterboy

Rockmolder wrote:
    Moss81 wrote:

My reasoning behind the Pats pick is this. In my scenario, you have Bulaga on the board. He's being rated from the 2nd best tackle behind Okung to the 4th best tackle. To get him at 22 would be a steal, in my eyes.

And it's not just one of the BPA at that point, it's also going to be a need (very soon). You have Matt Light playing LT, who is breaking down by the season. He's their Chad Clifton, if you will. You have no replacement in line, at all, at the LT position. Their RT is very average, as well. He could jump right in at RT, get groomed a little, and play LT in a year or two.

Next to that, the Pats have three 2nd round picks, of which two are in the top half. The way it looks now, one of those picks could easily turn into Sergio Kindle or even, maybe, Graham, if he doesn't continue to dominate at the Senior Bowl. Those are two quality players. Selvish Capers will be gone before they pick and they'll be stuck without an OT in this draft.

As for the Vikings pick, I agree now. Iutapi has to be the pick if he's still there. The way he's beasting it up at the Senior Bowl is just amazing. That doesn't mean that I think Terrence Cody is a bad pick right now. Just look at my previous defense, it's still very valid.
    They picked up the best offensive tackle in last years draft (Sebastian Vollmer). Seabass is an absolute beast, and held Dwight Freeny to no sacks, after he had a sack in the last nine (?) games. The guys 6'8 and 320 pounds, and has very long arms. After that, they resigned Kaczur to a long term contract in the last offseason. I know he isn't great, but he is adequate.

They have much more pressing needs on both the offense and defensive side of the ball. Neal is contimplating retirement and is injury prone. Mankins is good, but the depth behind the two is terrible at the guard position. They might be looking at guard because of this. The two other spots the Patriots might look are Tight end and WR (but I expect WR to be addressed in the offseason).

On defense the Patriots have plenty of options. A big athletic defensive end is needed because Wright has not played well in the primary role but has proven to be a good situational player. The LBers are not great, even Mayo regressed last year (probably because he was out of position and injury). I could see an inside linebacker and an ouside linebacker being drafted, but you never know with Belichick.
    None

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast