Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Robison Wants Edwards To His Money And Move Out

Robison Wants Edwards To Get His Money And Move Out Of The Way

I for one, like Rob alot but don't think he is going to be the starter. I only have a small sample size (mostly cause Ray stayed pretty healthy) but when he was in there at the LDE position in the base, where he was facing a T and TE continually, he not only couldn't stop the run, but he wore down and his pressure/production went down wrt getting to the QB.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Robison Wants Edwards To His Money And Move Out

I have no problem putting Robison in. Not sure if he will succeed or not, but when your rebuilding a team you need to let guys sink or swim to find out what you have. Besides you still have a rotation and can switch guys around depending on the situation.

Macken is offline Waterboy

Where is Griffen in the DC? I never thought much of Robison being an every down guy anyways
    None

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by "jmcdon00" #1099709
    I have no problem putting Robison in. Not sure if he will succeed or not, but when your rebuilding a team you need to let guys sink or swim to find out what you have. Besides you still have a rotation and can switch guys around depending on the situation.
    He has had problems stopping the run and teams had success running right at him.
    I saw it as a problem reading run and over aggressive pass rushing commitment. At this point in time I feel he will do better due to his experience, and look forward to seeing what he can do as well.

Like you say, he is likely to find a place in the rotation at least.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Quote Originally Posted by "Macken" #1099714
    Where is Griffen in the DC? I never thought much of Robison being an every down guy anyways
    Not quite sure, however, I bet he is still in LA or close to it. Really haven't heard squat about him since the LA guys dropped the charges.

I do think we will still hear from the NFL on it once they can start talking to and about players again. Seems to me that was the only action to be completed was a investigation by them.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Brewtal is offline Starter

I'm happy with the change. Never did like Edwards, and would like to see what Robinson can do. Edwards isn't worth anymore than Robinson, hope GreenBay or Chicago over pay him...

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by "Brewtal" #1099779
    hope GreenBay or Chicago over pay him...

Are you high?

Chicago or GB with their pass rush already can tear us apart. They don't need to be adding another decent lineman to their roster.

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1099704
    Robison Wants Edwards To Get His Money And Move Out Of The Way

I for one, like Rob alot but don't think he is going to be the starter. I only have a small sample size (mostly cause Ray stayed pretty healthy) but when he was in there at the LDE position in the base, where he was facing a T and TE continually, he not only couldn't stop the run, but he wore down and his pressure/production went down wrt getting to the QB.
    Write it down. If Ray leaves( which I don't think he will), we will miss him. The guy reacts very well to the ball. I believe him to be ELITE in this regards. He has an explosive first step, in the top 5 in the game, including Allen. From what I can tell his problem has been his pass rush assortment of moves i.e... he doesn't have enough. He is a speed rush to the routside guy and needs to develop a bullrush, spin move, club. All he really uses at this time is a swim move. If we lose him, our team is taking a step back.... I would like to point out that i really wished we spent the money for Peppers when we could have gotten him.

SpaceMTN69 is offline Waterboy

Robison fits his role well. I dont neccasarily understand why Minnesota would or is thinking about starting this guy. I like the way he plays, but on a limited basis. He will fo course benefit from having Samson the Great on the other side of the line, but I am more intrigued in what Griffin will bring to the team if he gets his head on straight. After watching him in spot duty last season, I was intrigued by his bevy of moves in his bag of tricks. He looked a little Freeney like when he would spin off the tackle every so often.

Of course as I stated, that is if the kid can get his head on straight.
    None

oppoldassoc is offline Waterboy

Edwards is easily the most overrated guy on the Vikes. For some reason the national media is playing him up to be an elite d-lineman on the cusp, which never materialized in Minnesota. What Robison was in for him, there was really no dip in performance. Robison is every bit as good and costs much less to keep around.

As far as Everson Griffen goes, its tough to sink your hopes on that guy - just seems too unstable. I feel like he is going to get in trouble off the field at some point...just seems like one of those type of guys.
    None

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast