Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Robison signs 3 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by "i_bleed_purple" #1090883
    PLUS, it's highly unlikely Chad plays the year out with the Franchise salary. Once the CBA gets done, I bet you Chad gets his contract. It won't be as much in annual salary, but he'll get his bonuses and guaranteed money he wants.

Same with manning.

ALSO, a little research on your part goes a long way.

You say why should we give Greenway $15 mil for a franchise tag?

Franchise tag is estimated to be around $10 mil for a linebacker this year, or 120% of his previous salary.

last year Greeenway made $1.035 mil Roster bonus, $5.11 mil option bonus, and $1.875 in escalator bonuses, on top of whatever his base salary is. That's probably around $8 milish alone last year.

They pay greenway an extra $2 mil this season to stick around so they can sort out his contract. Doesn't seem that farfetched to me does it?
    An excellent point on what we think the staff will do with Chad. I sure hope to shit they get something done, mostly cause the kid deserves it. If the staff doesn't, hold onto your horseshoes cause I will really start to hack on the FO pukes.

You did notice that I put in there "Example" right. Truth is, until you have all the facts, an example is all you can give as well, as evidenced by this...

That's probably around $8 milish alone last year.
    Sounds like an estimate to me. :P
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Robison signs 3 year deal

Quote Originally Posted by "Marrdro" #1090895

That's probably around $8 milish alone last year.
    Sounds like an estimate to me. :P
    An estimate based on facts. about $7 mil in bonuses plus probably a mil in base salary isn't that outrageous of a claim. $10.7something mil he's making with the franchise tag is either the average of the top-5 LB's, or 120% of his previous year salary.

%10.7 mil is 120% of $8.9 million. I don't know what the average salary actually is, but it's gotta be either that, or a little bit less.

either way, Greenway WAS making good money last year. Now he's making slightly better. It's not some massive jump in salary like you would have some believe, and the FACT is it's not $15 mil like you claim.

He's going up from at LEAST 8 mil, to 10 mil. Relatively not that substantial.

Yes, it's an estimate, but it's an estimate with a known range. somewhere from 8-8.9 mil is what he made last year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234